• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The longest serving character in the buffyverse

This Year's Girl

Grateful grapefruit
Sineya
I saw this fact on a Buffy page on fb:

The only one to appear both in the first episode of Buffy (the unaired pilot) and the last episode of Angel is Harmony. This makes her the longest serving character in the buffyverse.

I love Harmony. This was a cool fact. :)

white avenger

white avenger
Unless you count Angel himself, who appeared in 3 seasons of "Buffy," in almost every episode except for a few weeks spent in hell, and every episode of his own series.

Nix
Nix
[No message]

salustra

Spike Acolyte
Sineya
Harmony is so cute, and an absolute trip. I write her into fanfic often, she's so much fun to write.

This Year's Girl

Grateful grapefruit
Sineya
Unless you count Angel himself, who appeared in 3 seasons of "Buffy," in almost every episode except for a few weeks spent in hell, and every episode of his own series.
Was Angel in the pilot? As I wrote, I just took the fact from a fb page, so I haven't researched it :) Maybe it should be "the longest serving (not main)character" :)

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Angel was in the pilot. But I presume they mean longest serving supporting character.

It's kinda funny neither Harmony or Angel were in the credits in Season 1, but both are in Season 5 of Angel.

Bexieh

level 5 laser lotus
Sineya
I love that she stuck around. When I think back to her first appearances I never thought she would, especially after school was over. But I'm really glad she did keep popping up! :D

kittenpoker

Raising penguins in Guam
Sineya
Yeah, Harmony rocks! "Look at you, all puffed up, acting like the new big bad.... let's face it, it's.... adorable." - Spike

Robb Stark

King in the North
Sineya
I was always amazed at how long Harmony remained apart of the show. I really like her and she's a great character.

That said, Angel is the longest serving character of either series. He was in the pilot of BTVS and has appeared in more total Buffyverse episodes than anyone else.

Tome

Berktwad
Black Thorn
Harmony was laaaame! Her only redeeming moment was when she bite Spike while having sex in that Angel S5 episode where everyone was becoming possessed. Hahaha! Spike's reaction was hilarious. :D

white avenger

white avenger
Has there ever been an actual, canon, explanation as to just how Harmony was sired? We saw a vampire drag her down in the Season 3 finale, but that was in the middle of the big climactic battle, and hardly the time that I would think appropriate for a vampire to be stopping and sharing his blood with a potential minion.

Tuppence

Angel of Music
Sineya
Wow that's a really neat little factoid. I always liked Harmony- she was a great comedy breaker and I was amazed at how her character developed into this much larger thing that just one of Cordy's lackeys. Which *is* all she is in season 1 of Buffy

tkts

Townie
Has there ever been an actual, canon, explanation as to just how Harmony was sired? We saw a vampire drag her down in the Season 3 finale, but that was in the middle of the big climactic battle, and hardly the time that I would think appropriate for a vampire to be stopping and sharing his blood with a potential minion.
Yes, but as Angel once said, "vampires are not notoriously reliable."

SlayerFest

Wiley Dairy Gnome
Black Thorn
Haha...maybe he dragged her off somewhere.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I don''t think the the vampire we see biting her was the one that turned her, she may have survived that and ran for safety then another got her in a less crowded place. That's my theory anyway!

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
Was Angel really in the unaired pilot like Harmony was?
I can't remember him... but it was some time now I watched it.

/SK

Mischlings

Potential
I couldn't either! Was he? I thought he wasn't cast yet then?

Was Angel really in the unaired pilot like Harmony was?
I can't remember him... but it was some time now I watched it.

/SK
He was cast but his scene was cut for some reason. Apparently there was a scene too bad to put in the pilot? Given its general (lack of) quality, I'm more than slightly surprised...

Top Bottom