• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Road Not Taken - OOC thread

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
I have NO expirience in RPGs, but I really want to make one. So if there is anyone who want to be a mod (is it that what you call them? Or is it maybe the mod, because there is only one? I'm sorry I don't know anything about it.) I'd be happy. I would love to either make a RPG where Willow and Tara (in any way. I don't really care how.) come together again. (Tara doesn't die or she comes back or whatever...) It realy doesn't have to be Willow/Tara centric only one part of the story. Everyone could play one of their favourite characters (from Buffy AND Angel) as long as no one else already plays them. And if you don't like a Willow/Tara story (wich would be sad) I'd also like Fred/Willow. But if it's Willow and Tara then Fred should be with Wesley okay?

So my ideas would be: (No order or story. Only coupels I'd like to be in the story. Nothing necceserely has to happen. And the things in brackets are non-canon things I'd like if you don't like the canon.)
- Willow/Tara
(- Fred/Willow)
- Fred/Wesley
- Buffy/Spike
(- Buffy/Faith)
- Cordy/Angel
- Xander/Anya

This is no ship, but I'd like Illyria to be a doppelganger of Fred. Like Vamp Willow. Only Illyria is an old one not a vampire.

Okay that's it for now. I'll add things later if I have to.
Thanks for everyone who helps. I would want to be either Willow or Tara and Fred (I can't play Illyria not good with that, although I love her character).
If there is someone who wants to be the mod, who wants to guide me in my first RPG expirience, I'll be thankful. Everyone can play any character that he/she wants. Exept for characters who are already played by other members. Just write your ideas. NOTHING can be wrong. Just make any suggestions or anything. Because I have no idea what I'm doing and I'd be happy for any help. This is just for suggestions and all that, not for the RPG. When we have characters, a mod, a story, a title and everything we need, then we'll start the RPG. Thanks. WT

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
You have my undying support. I love RPG's and would be happy to help. If you need a Giles I'll be your Giles. ( i would love to play Giles to be clear.) I've been rping since Angel went off the air, so you have my axe.

As far as a mod is concerned, it sounds like you would you need more of a narrator. Someone to set up the plot of given situations, set the scene, introduce antagonists, or problems for your characters to defeat/solve. Is that what you meant?

First and toughest part will be recruiting folks to play characters. Even here, RP's are a bit out of style, and a lot of younger fans aren't into writing as much. However if you can recruit a good core of folks even just one or two, it can be amazing.

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
Some thoughts...

Step 1
Come up with a main plot line: Willow and Tara mess with time and find themselves returned to Season 5 of Buffy, but something else has changed, Now doppelgangers of everyone is running about, and the chaos has Giles thinking that Ethan Reigns has something to do with it.

Step 2
Chose a RP Title/Name. Something like Willow and Tara: Through the Dark...

Step 3
Setup a OOC RP page/thread. Basically a thread for your folks to chat about stuff in the RP without having to be in it the story thread. People can post what characters they want to play...story ideas etc. You could change the name of this thread to the title with OOC behind it.

Step 4
Start recruiting, forum friends, other writers, etc.

All of this doesn't has to happen exactly in this order, but you need most of them to have a solid RP that keeps peoples attention.

Willow Tara

Sineya
As far as a mod is concerned, it sounds like you would you need more of a narrator. Someone to set up the plot of given situations, set the scene, introduce antagonists, or problems for your characters to defeat/solve. Is that what you meant?
Yes thanks. (Thanks to the conplete posts.) And yes, you can defenitely be Giles if you want. How can I change the Title to OCC? I think it's too late to still change it... And I don't know about recruiting people... What if they don't want to? Besides... I don't know so much about who likes RPGs and who is good at that, but really it doesn't matter if anyone is good, because I am defenitely not good... I have NEVER tried RPGs before. Thanks so much for the help.

nightshade
nightshade
Pm me what you want the title changed to and I'll change it

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
Being an Rp'er right now is sort of like being the last jedi, there aren't many of us left.

Pm Nightshade or one of the other mod's they usually are really nice and will help you out with changing the title of threads.

As far as recruiting it's as simple as pm'ing other writers you see on here, and others that post consistently. Ask nicely, the worst they can say is no. Don't take the no's personally, because rping isn't for everyone. Some people just like to read what other's write, and other's prefer fanfics.

Don't worry about 'being good' just be yourself. Your enthusiasm will more than make up the difference, the best roleplayers are the ones that keep writing and play well with others. Given your posts here, I have a feeling you'll be pretty good actually.

If you can't find anyone, then you can do a collaborative fanfic, those are more personal, and much more coordinated, and don't have as much waiting for others, because it's just between a couple of people.

When I rp, I tend to post a few paragraphs stuffed with as much small details as I can. Think of it like writing a script. Write the Who, what, when and the where. The 'why' comes later. Others like writing just dialogue, just a couple of sentences, that can work too. There are no rules here on post length, so everyone, no matter their writing level can have a share. To avoid mistakes write in word outside of the forum, then copy paste it.

Here I'll give you a little sample of how I'd get started:

"Another day..." Giles said aloud to himself, as he sipped a bit of tea out of the small green mug. From his position in the kitchen, he could hear the sound of someone walking as they approached his little apartment. Furrowing his brow, he considered what today's interruption would bring. Another apocalypse perhaps? Un-dead kittens? Tiny angry living evil dolls? One never knew in Sunnydale, and he had almost tired of guessing. Still, there was something fascinating about having to handle the next insane event. He even managed to look forward to the challenge, though, he hoped he'd be at least out of his bathrobe and jammies before it came.

He just managed to place the cup down, as the doorbell rang.

"
One moment." He answered, tying his robe quickly, as he moved towards the door. He knew it wasn't Xander, the young man didn't bother with the doorbell, he usually barged in, and it couldn't have been Buffy, because she always called out his name in the same sing song way before he had a chance to answer. That only left...

The door opened, and in front of him stood Willow, with a blank look on her small heart shaped face.

"
Ah... good morning. Bit early for house calls isn't it?" Giles said motioning for the young woman to step in.

"
Well, what is it?" Giles asked plainly.

(always await the other person's response, try not to post others actions unless they tell you it's ok)

So, thus endeth the lesson young grasshopper.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
A while ago I tried out an RPG thread witha bunch of folks- back when I had more regular work hours- you can read about it here, might give you some idea of do's and don't. Anyways it was a fun time. :)

SEPARATED

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
The thing that freaks me out with RPing is that it’s like improve. You need to think on your toes. And you don’t have much time to edit so all your crappy grammar errors will be seen. It makes me nervous but has always looked fun.

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
I edit my responses outside the forum in Word first, then I post. I still ended up making mistakes, but pobody's nerfect.

Rping is an art. It can be a ton fun, and you have to be willing to be patient for replies. But I still get a thrill every time I see a response. It's just all sorts of cool.

Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Yupp. I always proof-read my RP posts before loading them up.....but still the mistakes slip through :D

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
Not necessarily, you have the back story, and you know your character, so you can kinda prepare in advance, and like @CharlieGunn1 said you can write it up before posting.

Willow Tara

Sineya
A while ago I tried out an RPG thread witha bunch of folks- back when I had more regular work hours- you can read about it here, might give you some idea of do's and don't. Anyways it was a fun time. :)

SEPARATED
Thank you. I love it! It's great! (I haven't read everything obviously...)

Thanks to everyone.
If you want to, you can just write which character you wanna play. And what you'd like to happen in the RPG. I'm okay with (really) EVERYTHING (if it's family friendly, but I read that it has to be family friendly on here. So that is good.) And I mean it really everything you like is okay. Just make any suggestions. If you're for example a Bangel fan and I wrote above I'd like to have Spuffy! NO problem! It'll be Bangel then, when there are more Bangel fans who wanna play and want that Bangel is in the story. If you're a Willow hater.... Then I'm sorry she has to be in the story;). So I hope you get what I am trying to say: I have no idea of RPGs and you guys helped me (thanks again to @CharlieGunn1 thanks so much!) already so thanks to all. But I need characters... and a story... Well I opened this thread, but I don't want to be the one who tells everyone what to do you know? We all make suggestions and the thing that most people like will happen in the story ok? I maybe won't be able to write that much in the coming weeks, there's just so much going on lately. So when I am really back (I won't be 'gone' but I probably won't have enough time to write that much) I hopefully will have ideas. They won't be very good probably and no one has to agree (is that right in that case to say "agree"? I hope you get what I mean) with my ideas because they are (the ones above in the first message) and they will be only suggestions. The thing why I'm doing this is because I wanna play a RPG with you guys, so the story isn't important for me. I just wanna have fun with you. And I wanna play my first RPG that I have ever played! So write what every you want to happen or who you wanna be...or just any suggestions/ideas that you have. (for the title, people you think could play also here or whatever!) Thanks to everyone for all the help. Everything is and will be appreciated! Thank you so much!

Last edited:

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
Do you have a season you want it set in? Is Spike souled or unsouled? Did Xander and Anya get married? Is Connor in it? As a baby or teenager?

Willow Tara

Sineya
Do you have a season you want it set in? Is Spike souled or unsouled? Did Xander and Anya get married? Is Connor in it? As a baby or teenager?
Well you can choose what you want but those are my answers:
1. No I don´t know in which season, you can choose!
2. I like souled Spike... but unsouled is also cool... A hard decission. Let´s say if Spuffy happens he is souled if there is no Spuffy then he´s unsould, he could be with Dru then or whatever...
3. I´d love it when they got married! Poor Anya... :( (So yes.)
4. If you want that Connor is in it and we find someone who wants to play him... yes he´ll be in it then, so everyone can play any character he/she likes. I think you can "do more" with a teenage Connor. But that´s up to the person that wants to play Conner (if there is someone) if the Person wants to play Baby Connor, then there´ll be a Baby Connor... somewhere in the Story. OK?

I hope it is okay that I don´t have so "strong" opinions on this. Because as I said earlier, I just want to have fun with you all and that everyone can Play the person he wants to.

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
I love an open sandbox, but some basic guidelines would be helpful to get started. Throw an idea out, and then let others run with it. So I'm going to take your uncertainty about a plot line, and go all in on that confusion. Making a plot line that both Spuffy's and Bangel's and heck even the Billow's and Spangels can get behind.

Ahem... here is my humble suggestion:

Title: The Road Not Taken
Rating: Teen/Mature

Setting: Sunnydale/Los Angeles - All Seasons! (A/U)

Story: A powerful spell conducted at the same time as Buffy's sacrifice to save the world has resulted in a chaotic universe where multiple realities have collided. Various versions of characters try to figure out went wrong, including a Pre/Post Heaven Buffy, An evil/good Faith, A Pre-Tara/Post Tara-Willow, as well as various other do-gooding doppelgangers in the shadows. Now these heroes from alternate realities must work together to figure out the mystery and to fix what went wrong, but will all of them agree to save reality as it was meant to be? Or will some place their personal desires and pain above fixing the world?

Characters Instructions: Pick a character, what era(season) they come from, then join the frey/fun!

Willow Tara
Willow Tara
I love it! I could never come up with something like this. Now really EVERYONE can join, no matter what version of a character he/she prefers. It really is perfect, exactly what I imagined. Thanks so much!

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
So could people play different versions of the character or only one version if they don't feel capable of multiple versions?

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
So could people play different versions of the character or only one version if they don't feel capable of multiple versions?
Basically, you can play as pretty much any version of one character. For now I'd say limit it to one character per person, just to make it a little less confusing.

Any version of the character that you can imagine, just as long as you take some time to explain in-character how you came to be. Wanna be an ensouled Drusilla who turned to doing good? Have at it. Wanna be a AU Xander where he becomes an sorcerer after witnessing the death of buffy and working for years to help defend the world? The world is your oyster! Nothing's broken, because everything is! (AU - alternate universe version for the un-initiated)

It's the most wide open sandbox I could think of for @Willow Tara

Willow Tara
Willow Tara
It's perfect! Thanks so much.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Anyone who knows something about RPGs?
Pretty sure it's a shoulder-fired anti-tank weapon system that fires rockets equipped with an explosive warhead. :D

*couldn't resist* :oops:

Spanky
Spanky
I was going to say that as soon as it was posted but I thought I'd let someone else be an ass. I went several days waiting for an ass. Finally, one arrives.
thetopher
thetopher
^And like an ass understudy, you were there when Spanky wasn't. :P
Last Watcher
Last Watcher
At least it wasn't me for a change! Though I did consider it as that was my first thought on reading the O/P title too...… :D
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Smart ass 😃
ChaseRules
ChaseRules
I thought you would have been in front of the charge Last :)

Cohen

Warrior
Omg! I haven’t RPd in AGES! The best was back in the day on the UPN chatroom! Could RP for HOURS! Use to Alt RP with my own character in the Buffyverse. Man I miss middle school 😂😂

I used to RP on here back in the day too. Think I was Gunn one time? And Xander? It’s been a hot minute. An RP would be awesome!

Top Bottom