• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

The season of the two parters.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Season 2 seems to be the season with the most two parters, do you think the episodes could work as singular ones?

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Now, based on placement, the WB told ME we want you to do a fall finale, a big episode in February, and a big episode in May. If you have a story than requires 120 minutes to tell, or benefits from a week of "chatter." Obviously, "My Buddy Acathala" does, no question there. "Losing It," is stronger on the latter, the Story of Judge isn't that compelling, but Angel running in panic from his apartment does. What's My Line is the weakest. I suppose there's a lot of stuff going on, and it closes the Spike Arc, but the plot, "it's career day, and Spike sends three career themed assassins, special appeance by Bubba Ray Traylor." In a lot of ways, it's like Spike's crossover episodes in Season 4, it's a good story, but looking back, that was the first crossover? Oz's Van? Latter seasons would pin multi part storytelling down better, by which point Joss could do whatever he wanted.

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
I read that What's My Line was meant to be 1 episode, but there was just too much for one episode so it had to be a two parters.

I quite love the two parters episodes of S2 as it is.
Someone had also thought that even When She Was Bad could have been a two parters episode, it would have been better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom