• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Shape Of Things To Come...

white avenger

white avenger
(With apologies to H G Welles)

Would anyone care to hazard a guess as to just where this "Boom-ified" Buffyverse is headed? Apparently, they're reshuffling all the ships as we came to know them, at least so far, and they've recast and/or eliminated characters as we knew them from the show, which isn't a bad thing, necessarily, though it takes some getting used to.

I'll hazard a guess and say that Buffy and Robin are going to be a couple, at least for the near future, Spike is going to hook up with Cordy, Angel is going to be with Lilith, and Willow and newly vamped (?) Xander are going to have a really...interesting... relationship from now on. (Of course, nothing too difficult to see about any of that for now)

Angel6
Angel6
I think most of these are pretty safe bets! Very interested in Willow and Xanders forthcoming dynamic. Interested to see what Robins story is, is he even still Nicki’s son? Link to Watchers suggests so.
SuperGirl80
SuperGirl80
Not sure I want these changes, I'll wait and see.

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
I don't follow the comics so I cannot comment :confused:, but I'd much rather have new characters than reshuffling all the ships and changing my beloved characters. I don't like this idea.

The Ferg

Scooby
I can't say I really give a s**t about the ships, but as for where the universe is going? I really haven't the faintest idea, although the sales numbers for Buffy #1-4 were rock solid (compared to it's peers), and as long as Hellmouth does well, I can't really see this whole thing doing anything but expanding exponentially.

My point is that we're going to be seeing a rapid expansion in returning characters, new characters, locations, big bads, major plot points from the show, and actual books, including legacy editions, over-sized one-shots, mini-series (maybe, Boom isn't known for these), and potentially even another ongoing.

WillowFromBuffy

Buffering...
Willow will go off the rails after gifting part of her soul to Xander. She will start using progressively more dangerous magic to help Buffy and then she will start to make more and more questionable choices, and the more people question her, the more convinced she will be that she is right in what she is doing. This will ruin her relationship to Rose. Tara will come along and help Willow heal after she has alienated all her friends.

Xander's story will contain much angst and much holding of head in hands.

Spike is going to be bad-ass-ified, because they will be using him as an antagonist in the Angel comics soon, and at the moment he isn't nearly intimidating enough to fill that roll. This means that they will be subverting his character backwards as opposed to the show. On the show, he is introduced as a bad ass before being repeatedly humiliated. Now they have to build him up.

We will learn who killed Nikki, and it may not have been Spike, because Spike does not seems as if he has that reputation to lean on. Drusilla even refuses to call him Spike.

Buffy's family will get some attention. Hank and Dawn will show up. It would be cool if the monks tried to erase Hank and make Eric Buffy and Dawn's real dad. It could lead to a Villanden-esque reveal.

Harmony is a potential and will be activated. She will have some problems fitting into this role.

Giles is a rogue demon hunter.

Top Bottom