• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Sixth Annual Buffy-Boards Awards Ceremony Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn

Today at 7pm GMT / 11am PST / 2pm EST

Just under 2 hours till we start the show!
forget the Oscars, this is where all the big names will be, look forward to seeing you all there!

This thread will be for the ceremony, the audience participation thread is here.

And we'll be in the Chat room (instructions in the Audience thread)

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
* The lights on the Buffy-Boards Virtual Arena, dim and a spot light illuminates BEG standing the middle of the stage *

Hello one, Hello All and welcome to the 6th annual, 2011 Buffies!
It's such a pleasure to be here tonight with you all, the Awards show is always such a highlight in the Buffy-Boards year.

Can I just remind you that if you have won an award, please come up to the stage, if the nominee isn't here, we will play their video acceptance!

Please refrain from posting in this thread, unless you won!

Now unfortunately (for them), the Oscars are also on tonight, so they're pretty pissed that we will be taking so many celebrities away from their little show "“ are gift bags are a whole lot better (Buffy pencils and calendars).
This year we also reached out to the 4 major broadcast networks to televise the show, but unfortunately they are under contract to host the Oscars, but they all said they'll be following along on Twitter!

It's nice to see such a huge turn out tonight, there was a bit of pressure taking on the awards tonight, allot of people scrutinizing over the host ever since that Ricky Gervais "incident", boy that guy was harsh, so I presumed that's what they wanted here tonight, draw a bit of media attention, so I wrote the most horrible, mean and vile opening monologue ever, where I basically tore everyone down, handed it into Darla, but she just gave me an infraction"¦

So I have this one now...

I am so excited, while I was in my dressing room, someone told me one of the demons from the show was going to be here, in full makeup, where are they??

*Looks out at audience*

Ohh.

*holds earpiece*

Oh, there is no monster, oh well, such a pleasure to have you here Susan Boyle!

I also spotted Lyri in the audience there, I see she's chained herself to her date, I'd expect nothing less. Actually I'd totally expect something less "“ Lyri I'm still waiting to get my Tux jacket back from 2 awards ago"¦ thief...

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
*Stands up from her chair, the shackles to Chris's jingling in the stillness*

What?! What do you mean you want it back?! You told me to keep it! That it was to remember our wonderful night by!!

*crickets chrip. Everyone stares at Lyri*

*Blushes*

I mean...um...what night? Tux jacket? I have no idea what you're talking about.

*sits back down*

*Whispers to Chris* I think he forgot to take his pills again.

Is this thing over yet?!

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Who gave her a microphone??

ok anyway...

Wow actually looking out at the rest of you, allot of people have chained yourselves to your dates, y'all are very protective! That's probably because of the new rule where only the actor or one of the characters they played can come to the event, well at least none of you resorted to bringing puppets of the character and pretending they are the character"¦ ohh"¦

*hold earpiece again*

Some people tried? Wow that's awkward, well at least you're in here now Old Master 3.0, and I'm sure we will return your Buffy doll at the end of the show!

Speak of which we should probably move on,
We have a great show lined up, and up first to kick us off we have... oh crap, Lyri and Kean presenting the Giles Award, take it away ladies!

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
*Stands up. Smooths down her dress and follows Kean to the stage*

*The shackles to Chris pull her back to the table.*

Oh. Yeah. Well, you're just gonna have to come with me.

*Lyri and Chris follow Kean to the stage*

*Taps microphone*

Alright, the first award we have to present tonight is the GILES AWARD!

Now, this award is presented to the person we think has the most knowledge about the shows in general.

And the nominees are:

AndrewCrossett
StarSlayer
Kana
Moscow Watcher
Washburne
White Avenger
PrincessBuffy16
Abbycat
Kean
msfantastico87
Icarium

*Looks to Kean*

Kean, would you like to announce the winner?

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
:Sends a dazzling smile to Lyri:

"Why yes, yes I would"

And our winner is...

...Oh the suspense...

Andrew Crossett!

A very deserving winner, I think we all can agree!

Congratulations!

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
Ooooh, really?

*Pulls out index cards*

Thanks for voting me the most knowledgeable member... I knew my obsessiveness would pay off someday. Thanks also to the other members for not embarrassing me too much when I show how much I don't know...

*Fumbles with index cards, hears band starting to play louder, and sees Kanye headed this way*

I guess that's all. Thanks everybody!

O
Ollehh
Congrats! :)
sk
sk
Congrats!
Mr. Pointy
Mr. Pointy
congrats :)
brinkster130
brinkster130
Congrats!

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Hello hello hello, my lovelies! :)
Glad to see y'all are still awake... I know BEG can go on... and on ;)

So, are y'alls ready to play some bingo? I've got the balls right here!
Now, now simmer down... I jest!

Anyway... glad to be here and... Clem! Stop it!

*leans in towards BEG*

Who told msfantastico87 that she could bring a kitten? I told you I was bringing Clem...!

*Clem leaps for the kitty, Taake rushes forwards and tackles him, succesfully ripping her dress and spilling the rest of the bottle onto both of them*

*Taake stands*

I have the envelope right here. Sorry if it's a little torn...

But here we go,
the CLASS PROTECTOR award is given to the member who is most helpful and supportive around the boards... it was a tough choice as so many of your are extraordinarily helpful and kind but

I totally won this one...

*winks*

the nominees for the Class protector award are:

Washburne
Zobothehobo
Wishing Oceans
Big Damn Hero
This Year's Girl
Zalos
Lyri
msfantastico87
MinwaraYana
Blondie Bear

and, if I can have a drum roll... the winner is....

Kean don't peak!

VisionGirl
VisionGirl
Aw, c'mon already!
Kean
Kean
It was just a *liitle* glance! Definitely not a peak! :p
W
WakingNightmare
C'mon, c'mon! I've refreshed the page ten times already!
M
msfantastico87
oi!!! no one touches my kitty!!!

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
The winner is... WASHBURNE!

Big congratulations to you Wash, second year in a row! Here is your glittering toy umbrella:

Would you like to say a few words?

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
Second year in a row. You're all kidding me. That just doesn't happen. Somebody please pinch me. I love if people see me this way but with all the great and supportive members we got I don't feel like I deserve this. So I'm sharing this not only with my fellow nominees but with the rest of our members, including staff. You're all awesome. Now, who wants a hug? :grouphug:

B
Blondie Bear
Congratulations!
E
Emzzie
congrats!!!
Mr. Pointy
Mr. Pointy
brinkster130
brinkster130
congrats

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
OH!! It's me again!!

*runs from back stage, Chris in tow, but it pulled up short, almost falling on her ass*

KEAN! Will you stop standing on my dress?!

*elbows Kean in the ribs and heads back to the mic*

Alright, ladies, gentlemen and...other things, it's time for our next award:

The Storyteller Award!!

This award is for those who have regaled us all year with their wonderful stories.

And the nominees are:

Xaphania - BuffyBoy's Great Adventure - https://buffy-boards.com/showthread.php?t=52853

Xaphania - Closer to Midnight - https://www.buffy-boards.com/showthread.php?t=51906

BananaBuffy - Life Before and After - https://www.buffy-boards.com/showthread.php?t=52147

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

AND the winner is, drum roll please.

*Drum Roll*

*Opens shiny gold envelope*

Xaphania - BuffyBot's Great Adventure!!! https://buffy-boards.com/showthread.php?t=52853

MinwaraYana
MinwaraYana
Aww, Tom button is hot!

xaphania

Spike/Buffy
Wow! Thank you "“ it was an honour to even have been nominated for this award but to have won is amazing. I love this forum and truly feel like it's my "˜home on the web' "“ I've made so many good friends who make my days brighter. Creativity in fandom is a big thing for me, so to have won the fic award is a great feeling. And that was one of my favourite fics to write - so much fun. Thank you so much!

W
Willow My Love
TOTALLY deserved!
O
Ollehh
Congrats! Truly deserved this award! :D
sk
sk
Congrats!
Mr. Pointy
Mr. Pointy
Joan the Vampire Slayer
Joan the Vampire Slayer
Much deserved, Amy!

Old Master 3.0

Watchers Council
Watcher
Black Thorn
**(A super-reflective Disco ball drops down from the rafters as the Bee Gees' "You Should Be Dancin'"
blares over the speakers.

From left stage, out pops DiscOM-3.0 clad in a white polyester suit adorned with 50 pounds of gold chain
around his neck, oversized sunglasses on his face, and a big eff'ed up psychedelic afro teetering on his head.

He makes his way towards the dais, his oversized Disco shoes with the 8-inch thick soles clomping loudly against
the stage floor....dancing awkwardly to the loud Disco music amid a very silent stunned, shocked and maybe even a little
frightened, audience.

He finally does a James Brown-esque slide the rest of the way to end up behind the mic and smiles widely....
...head canted to one side from the weight of the afro.....his one gold tooth glinting under the lights.)

What is is, people?! This place is a stone cold gas, baby! Right on, right on, right ON! What a groovy scene, man!
Check it, bloods! Side me a piece of the porgie on the blind fry side. Greens 'em, beans 'em! Walking Johnny to the rocks!
Cool?

[Translation: It's great to be here on this hallowed stage on Buffy Boards' night of nights!
What a great show and what a great audience! But let's not further this ado and get to the star of this segment.

the nominees are :

MinwaraYana
Zalo
Lyri
msfantastico87
White Avenger
PrincessBuffy16
NY State of Mind
Zobothehobo
Xaphania
ProphecyGirl
Scobro
Caitaintdead
Wishing Oceans
Prophecy grrl
Moscow Watcher
randiann

The recipient of this year's Faith Award in the Coolest Member category.......]

*Rips open envelope*

Your winner tonight, the COOLEST, the Eliza Dushku of the BB, the boogie woogie lady who gave you coolness,
hotness, everything you wanted!
She was hot! She was right on!

.......................................................LYRI! Give her a hand! Spread your love around! Lyri.....ladies and gentlemen.........

S
StarSlayer
Awesome entrance :D
M
msfantastico87
you forgot to post the nominees :p
I
InsaneMystic
hey! where's the nominee list!!! :p
Mr. Pointy
Mr. Pointy
Classic :)

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
*spits her drink*

I WON?!?! The FAITH Award?! SERIOUSLY?!!?

*Glides (alright, stumbles) back to the stage with Chris*

AW! You guys! I think you've gotten your definition of 'cool' from some AU dictionary, 'cause me? SO not cool! LOL

Thanks to whoever nominated me, it means a lot, guys! I'm so honored to have won, thank you so much.

*heads back stage*

O
Ollehh
Congrats! :D
Mr. Pointy
Mr. Pointy
Congrats honey :)
brinkster130
brinkster130
Congrats!
M
mayfever
Congrats!! AU dictionary or no AU dictionary, you fit my definition of cool :)

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
:Kean storms over to Lyri:

"I swear to God Lyri, if you elbow me one more time I'll take that Faith Award and make you EAT IT!".

Ahem...

:Looks around, laughs mechanically and fixes hair and smooths down her dress.:

:Turns to the walk up to the stage as if nothing happened:

*Creepy/dangerous smile*

OK folks, we are now up to the Superstar award. This award is for BB's mos avid fan.

And our nominees are,

msfantastico87
zobothehobo
white avenger
Washburne
StarSlayer
Willow My Love

Lyri
Lyri
*glares* Stop standing on my dress then! I told you this one was a bad idea!!

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
:Kean tear's open the envelope:

And the winner is

:dramatic pause:

White Avenger!

As last year's winner it really does bring me great pain joy to present this award to WA. :D

WA couldn't make it tonight but he wanted to say these few words.

white avenger said:
This is an award that I would never have had any thought of being nominated for, especially in a forum populated by so many truly amazing and dedicated fans. Words could not express the thrill that this gives me. I can only say, from the very bottom of my heart, thank you, and

CARPE SPUFFY!!!
Congratulations!

X
xfivebyfive
Congrats WA
I
InsaneMystic
congrats to the Grandmaster of Spuffness! :yay:
M
Ms.Trick
Totally deserved :D
white avenger
white avenger
And this award is made doubly sweet by having my favorite dancing partner and first member of Adopt-A-Bangel present it to me.

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
*Walks out onto stage, wearing Lady GaGas Kermit the frog outfit, but it's a load of puppet Angel heads*

Costume change!

Ahm.

Ok our next award is the Sunnydale Art Gallery award, a particularly hard one to judge, as we have some awesome artists on BB, so that should show how great the winner of this category is!

The nominees are :

Xfivebyfive
StarSlayer
Caitaintdead
Xaphania
HisMrs
Taake
GrrArghx
EntertainUs
AngelicSlayer
msfantastico87
Lyri

and the Winner is...

HisMrs
HisMrs
LMFAO@your outfit... That is awesome.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
* Darla steps onto the stage from the wings, gliding across it to the podium. She takes a deep breath and smiles warmly to the crowd. *

The goldenboy Award is given each year to the Buffy Boards member who has most celebrated the spirit of Buffy Boards in the previous year. It is my pleasure to announce the nominees for the goldenboy Award. The nominees are:

This Year's Girl
VisionGirl
Kean
Zobothehobo
Caitaintdead
Willow My Love
Zobothehobo
Starslayer
msfantastico87
WishingOceans
Zalos
Washburne