• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

The Spookiest Season Of All

Cohen

Hellhound
Sineya
Once again, Spooky season is upon us. Halloween—the holiday that holds religious sentiment for some, and just plain spooky sentiment for others. Yes, Halloween.. it is nigh.

So what are your plans this season? Do you have any rituals you adhere to? Religious or non religious? Haunted maze? Haunted House? What movies are you adding to your queue? What books are you reading? Will you host a murderous game night? Will your friends survive to tell the tale? Let us know!

Stake fodder

What about my me?
I have some decorations I put up, including a witch my mom made for me, and I have a list of movies I watch, typically ones that are scary, but not gory. (Though now I've seen them several times, they're not that scary, either!) Speaking of which, a very belated thank you to board members who suggested some good movies last Halloween for me!

A friend and I used to go to one of those corn mazes, but as the urban boundary has pushed out, they've gotten too far to drive. But there's a neighborhood near me that goes all out on Halloween, and I hope it will be celebrating again, after not doing so for the last two years!🎃

Plasma

Τέλειος <3
Black Thorn
Yes, Halloween.. it is nigh.

🎃 In the words of the legendary Mr. Vincent Price, “Darkness falls across the land. The midnight hour is close at hand. Creatures crawl in search of blood…to terrorize ya’ll’s neighborhood. And whosoever shall be found without the soul for getting down, shall stand and face the hounds of hell…and rot inside a corpse’s shell. The foulest stench is in the air…the funk of forty-thousand years, and grisly ghouls from every tomb…are closing in to seal your doom. And though you fight to stay alive, your body starts to shiver. For no mere mortal can resist…the evil…of….the Thriller.” 🎃

Plasma has a great many plans for this Halloween season, including a complete makeover for my profile on this board. ;)

Do you have any rituals you adhere to? What movies are you adding to your queue? What books are you reading?

These tie together for me. I always attempt the challenge of 31 scary movies for each day, but have never actually finished it. This time, I do believe I shall. I’ve added several new ones to my shelf over the past year, and I have a great many scary stories to observe and witness. To list them all would hijack the thread, but I’ll just say that The Blair Witch Project, Halloween 1978, Beetlejuice, The Fog, In the Mouth of Madness and of course…Prince of Darkness 😱 are all planning on making appearances this October in the dark, haunted abode of this particular ghoul. It is shaping up to be the scariest October yet 💀

As far as books, I have 1 that I am planning to read, with more potentially to follow. Of course, it wouldn’t be October without scary fiction, and so Pet Sematary will crawl from its grave into my hands. 🪦 🐈‍⬛ Beyond that, perhaps The Stand, and some shorter fiction a la H.P. Lovecraft’s The Whisperer in Darkness.

Will your friends survive to tell the tale?

I suppose you’ll find out…🎃
200w.gif

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
But is it nice to have an old friend for dinner? Well that depend on if the old friend taste good?

Cohen

Hellhound
Sineya
These tie together for me. I always attempt the challenge of 31 scary movies for each day, but have never actually finished it. This time, I do believe I shall. I’ve added several new ones to my shelf over the past year, and I have a great many scary stories to observe and witness. To list them all would hijack the thread, but I’ll just say that The Blair Witch Project, Halloween 1978, Beetlejuice, The Fog, In the Mouth of Madness and of course…Prince of Darkness 😱 are all planning on making appearances this October in the dark, haunted abode of this particular ghoul. It is shaping up to be the scariest October yet 💀
OHHH!!! Share your list!!

I kind of want to start with 1978 Halloween and go through the entire film series, culminating with "Halloween Ends". I think it would be fun!

Plasma

Τέλειος <3
Black Thorn
OHHH!!! Share your list!!

I kind of want to start with 1978 Halloween and go through the entire film series, culminating with "Halloween Ends". I think it would be fun!

Lol, if you say so!

1 - Beetlejuice
2 - The Tingler
3 - Monsters Crash the Pajama Party (yes this is a real movie)
4 - Return of the Living Dead
5 - The Shining (VHS if I have a player by then; DVD if not)
6 - Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
7 - Jaws
8 - The Fog
9 - Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003
10 - V/H/S
11 - V/H/S 97
12 - The Blair Witch Project
13 - Alien
14 - In the Mouth of Madness
15 - The Thing
16 - The Purge Anarchy
17 - Halloween 1978
18 - Halloween 2018
19 - Halloween Kills
20 - Friday the 13th Part 6
21 - Halloween 3: Season of the Witch
22 - Candyman
23 - Child’s Play
24 - Jigsaw
25 - Spiral
26 - The Devil’s Rejects
27 - Halloween 2007
28 - The Strangers
29 - The Strangers Prey at Night
30 - The Exorcist III
31 - Prince of Darkness

I figured start it off light and fun and end it with the scariest movie I’ve ever seen. 🎃 True Halloween fashion

fauxindigo
fauxindigo
What about 31 movies you haven't seen? I have a growing list.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I'll probably pass out candy with my parents, as my neighborhood doesn't have Trick or treating. Because I hate having to worry about working the next day, I will take it off, and visit the cemetery for All Saints. After that, I will go to a local drug store that is notorious for putting out seasonal and holiday items as soon as it is feasible, so, that. If I watch a movie, either Nosferatu, The Devil Rides Out, or The Seventh Seal.

fauxindigo

Scooby
I'm really looking forward to seeing Hocus Pocus 2!:)
I hope it isn't too try hard though. I hate over acting.

I'm trying to do some autumn/gothic high fashion photoshoots within the next month. I really would like to go on location to Salem MA and Sleepy Hollow NY (I'm planning a few outfits including twisted versions of Ichabod Crane & Katrina Van Tassel) since I'm right upstate in Albany and Salem isn't far either (only 3 hrs & I've never actually been there). I definitely want to go out dancing a couple times at least leading up to Halloween. Hang with my witchy friends around the fire. I'm excited. It's my favorite time of year too. My birthday coming up and then Halloween. I love the end of the year; the holidays and especially the crisp air.

Last edited:
Cohen
Cohen
Heyyyy!! We’re birthday buddiesss

thrasherpix

Scooby
There's a "classic cinema" that plays old movies near me. Naturally, the best movies come out around Halloween. I learned earlier today that they'll be playing the original Buffy movie at least twice (though they're notorious for canceling--and I'm notorious for forgetting a movie I wanted to see on the big screen is only playing that day). I'm thinking of seeing it on the big screen...though there are plenty of others, and I don't want to throw money at them all, so don't know if I will or won't.

Cohen

Hellhound
Sineya
I
There's a "classic cinema" that plays old movies near me. Naturally, the best movies come out around Halloween. I learned earlier today that they'll be playing the original Buffy movie at least twice (though they're notorious for canceling--and I'm notorious for forgetting a movie I wanted to see on the big screen is only playing that day). I'm thinking of seeing it on the big screen...though there are plenty of others, and I don't want to throw money at them all, so don't know if I will or won't.
I have the original on Blu-ray and it’s so good in HD!

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
What is Halloween these days, is it anything to do with ghosts as ghostly happenings occur all year around. Some 'recognised' religions talk about an overnight belief while other belief talk of a 3 month period. There is the trick or treat childrens few hours, having little kids knock on strangers doors.
I remember my happy days when as a ghost hunter I would visit many haunted sites, of places where evil entities existed of places where successful devil worshippers could be seen. Mass graves, sites where religious groups were put to death. And of other times of religious attempted murders were relegated to country wide celebrations. So what is Halloween these days, a spooky season? As if !

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I love the Fall season, but other than celebrating my birthday, I don't have any traditions. I might try to watch some Halloween "spooky" themed movies this year. I usually will watch one or al of the Buffy Halloween episodes. I don't really go anywhere, because I get scared easily by those haunted mazes.

Plasma has a great many plans for this Halloween season, including a complete makeover for my profile on this board.

Has Plasma started referring to herself in the 3rd person since becoming a staff member. All it takes is a little power to change someone !

I am tempted by the challenge of 31 scary movies for each day, and obviously will be eating loads of candy but then that is every day for me 😀

Plasma
Plasma
I’ve always done that! 😂

Cohen

Hellhound
Sineya
Has Plasma started referring to herself in the 3rd person since becoming a staff member. All it takes is a little power to change someone !

I am tempted by the challenge of 31 scary movies for each day, and obviously will be eating loads of candy but then that is every day for me 😀
Plasma I’ve always done that! 😂

Don't let them fool you. The power most CERTAINLY has gone to their head!

Exhibit A: (they were going for incognito that day, but I caught them!)
man-with-big-balloon-fly-on-his-head-changement-concept-picture-id862433560

Top Bottom