• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

The Wisdom of War: Chapter 18 and Epilogue

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
So I finally finished this book! I did think it ended better than it began. I liked how much Faith's internal monologue was explored.

In these chapters, I had a couple issues: 1) that Giles was able - despite being half turned into a green scaly monster - to give the cure to everyone to turn them back. And 2) that Buffy and Faith were able to chop the tentacles off the Aegir while in the middle of the ocean.

I'm also not sure about how hurt they made Buffy seem. I can't decide if that's more realistic or out of keeping with how she was portrayed through all the seasons.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
The big action-packed finale! I thought it was wrapped up quite nicely. The imagery of horror that Christopher Golden is able to portray, in the body horror and description of the demon, was pretty effective. His writing flows well, which is more than I can say for some other Buffy novels. The only real negatives I have was the odd continuity issues (where's Riley?) and the length. Most Buffy novels are fairly short, and I think this one could have been shorter, so in that sense some of it felt like padding. Enjoyable padding, but padding all the same.

Top Bottom