• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Wisdom of War: Chapters 6-7

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I enjoyed these chapters more - we got to see more of the Scoobies and Spike having a history with this demon is interesting, and excited to see Faith arrive.

One question: did Dru bite Spike in order to break the creature's thrall? I wasn't clear about that part.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
One question: did Dru bit Spike in order to break the creature's thrall? I wasn't clear about that part.
That's what I took from that - whether that's what the point actually was is another matter, lol.

I enjoyed these chapters. I thought the scene with Faith was a little bit redundant. Golden went out of his way to keep Faith's name out of it until the end of the chapter, but any fan with half a brain knew who it was from the first line of that scene, so that annoyed me a bit.

And again with Helen being all uppity and annoying. Her attitude is really getting to me and I hope that she gets put in her place eventually. Faith's reaction bothered me a lot, too, like, as soon as she found out Buffy wasn't going to be involved, that's when she signed on, like she was trying to get one up on Buffy. It came across as very petty and not the Faith that we knew at the time this story is set.

Speaking of when this was set, it occurred to me while I was these chapters that Riley is completely absent. So far, no one has even mentioned him, which, I know is kind of the norm when it comes to the show, but it almost seems deliberate to exclude him - it wouldn't have been hard for Golden to set this even just a few weeks earlier, when Riley was still around.

The thing with Spike and the creature was weird. I know I've read this before, but I can't for the life of me remember what exactly that connection is. There's only one scene from this whole book that really suck in my mind, from towards the end, and it's that moment that made me not like this book, lmao. But it's better than I remember that scene, so we'll see if that manages to change my mind.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I also enjoyed these chapters more. :D The flashback with Spike seemed to go on a bit but it was a nice change of pace, and I agree with Lyri on the introduction of Faith. She's on the front cover of the book too! Bit unnecessary lol
I'm a bit blurry on what happened with Spike and Dru but then that may just be because I read it in bed while very sleepy.

Top Bottom