• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Wish

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I hadnt seen this episode in years and have it on tonight. Its good to see the Master Again, a big bad that was well used. Giles does an amazing realistic job, I love Buffy's entry. Its fun to see another Buffy, even her posture is different. Was this Joss' first attempt at a multiple universe episode? Its Something his stories have used again. Vamp Willow is really cringeworthy, but otherwise its a better episode than I remembered. I love the timing of the wishverse death scenes and that Oz is the one to take Willow down.

Anyanka is referred to as a fairy a number of times - what could that mean? Do all fairies grant wishes?

Last edited:
I love The Wish, it's one of my favourite episodes, and as you say, the death scenes are some of the best. The Master breaking Buffy's neck is my favourite death in the whole show

RagnarockerB

The Dearest Queerest
Sineya
I hadnt seen this episode in years and have it on tonight. Its good to see the Master Again, a big bad that was well used. Giles does an amazing realistic job, I love Buffy's entry. Its fun to see another Buffy, even her posture is different. Was this Joss' first attempt at a multiple universe episode? Its Something his stories have used again. Vamp Willow is really cringeworthy, but otherwise its a better episode than I remembered. I love the timing of the wishverse death scenes and that Oz is the one to take Willow down.

Anyanka is referred to as a fairy a number of times - what could that mean? Do all fairies grant wishes?
If we go with a sort of Eoin Colfer interpretation of magical creatures and beings, then demons and the fairies are from the same branch of the magical family tree. If by one or two throwaway lines we can assume this is the case, it's likely that the Buffy canon probably represents the various beings the same way the Artemis Fowl canon does (Link provided here: The People).

Could also just be that a fairy is s not so subtle inversion of a vengeance demon. I like the other explanation better.

Top Bottom