1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question The Wish's timeline

Discussion in 'Season 3' started by thethree, Jun 27, 2017.

1. thethree

thethree Townie

So what I was thinking is that Willow was still taken by Thomas to the Master. The Master saw great potential in her and sired her. Jesse is killed. On the night of the harvest, the bronze is attacked and Angel saves Cordy before she can be bitten and he kills Luke. Willow goes to Xander's window still posing as his friend before biting him.

Giles starts to talk with the students and only a few believe him. Angel tries working with the white hats and when save many lives. When the night of Saint Vigeous approaches Spike arrives with Dru and make a bargain to free the Master as the new vessel and they will help him kidnap Angel to heal Dru, he is taken away and the group think their ally is dead or skipped town as he disappears without a trace. Spike and Dru urge Darla to leave town with them. Darla still wants Angel, angered at the way they treat him as the puppy and Willow becomes The Master's new favorite and attempts to take her life. Willow either dusts her or the master takes her life for the crime.

Buffy is in Cleveland and during this time tries making new friends, but like her old friends at Hemery start to think of her as weird since she bails all the time, is nice to losers and eventually lets them go when her new Watcher doesn't allow her to have a social life. Wesley keeps her focused on the mission and trains her until she finally gives them up or they turn on her. Buffy loses interest in school either dropping out or expelled. Joyce thinking Buffy is troubled tries to have her committed or kicks her out and Buffy finally takes off on her own as a freelance Slayer dedicated only to the mission.

In Sunnydale, The Master on the advice of his new army moves his thrown to the bronz and becomes the new ruler of Sunnydale.

Is this a possible way it happened or are we lead to believe it happened a different way?

Slayerofslayers and thrasherpix like this.
  2. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I don't think Spike or Dru ever came to Sunnydale in the Wishverse. Spike doesn't like taking orders which would quickly wear thin with the Master. Spike and Dru either never turned or they're both dead.

As for Willow, she only went with Thomas because Buffy told her to "seize the day", so without that I don't think she would've gone. We don't know how long "The Wish" is set after the Master's release from his prison. Willow and Xander could've easily survived the events of the Harvest and got turned at a later date.

3. Slayerofslayers

Slayerofslayers We're going to destroy the world. Want to come?

I feel like though that if it was to save Dru Spike would be willing to put up with the Master. He put up with going along with the annointed one and "made nice" as he put it. Though he did kill him at the end of the episode. Anyways if Spike thought that being at the Hellmouth was how Dru would be cured I think he would still go there and put up with the Master until Dru was cured. Though there are other hellmouths I think the reason Spike came to the one in Sunnydale was because the slayer was there and he wanted to kill a third one. But with the Master and all the demons and vamps ruling Sunnydale the energy from the Hellmouth would be off the charts I feel like so he would want Dru to be there to restore her health until he found out that the cure was Angel. And if he found that out somewhere else I feel like he would come and try to make a dealt with the Master to get Angel from him so he can cure Dru.

4. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

That is true. I still think Spike wouldn't be able to maintain "playing nice" for an extended period of time which would get him killed. He killed the anointed one after about two days, no way would be happy with being bossed around by the Master.

5. Slayerofslayers

lol that's true. And the annointed one was much easier to kill since he was just a kid than the Master would be to kill lol. Let's just be glad Buffy came to Sunnydale and the wishverse didn't happen so that Dru could live longer and Spike and Dru could be together longer lol.

DeadlyDuo likes this.
  6. WillowFromBuffy

WillowFromBuffy "My bowling shoe fetish is not the issue here."

Yes, no way Spike would put of with the Master if Angel didn't :p

DeadlyDuo and Slayerofslayers like this.
  7. Slayerofslayers

Interestingly The Master chose not to kill Angel though even though Angel kept defying them. Perhaps though that was because Darla was the Master's favorite and he didn't want to upset her by killing him. I doubt Darla would intervene on Spike and Dru's behalf since it seems like she doesn't care about them a whole lot. Though she did seem to care more about Dru when she and Dru reunited in L.A.

DeadlyDuo and WillowFromBuffy like this.
  8. WillowFromBuffy

We get like zero interaction between Spike and Darla, though. The few times they are on screen together, there is a lot of stuff happening. I doubt they were close, though. I guess Spike was happy when Darla came home to keep Angel distracted from Dru.

DeadlyDuo and Slayerofslayers like this.
  9. Slayerofslayers

That's true, but from what we do see they didn't seem close. In "Fool for Love" she's very annoyed with him because the attention Spike gets from the attacks he causes have them constantly on the run. And in "Darla" she seems to show contempt for him and look down on him when pointing out to Angel that Spike was out killing a slayer and he was saving missionaries. The way she says it makes it seem like she doesn't expect much from him but expects that kind of stuff from Angel. Not to mention that Spike killing the gypsy family in the wagon foiled Darla's plan to force the gypsy man to take Angel's soul away and Darla looks exasperated with him lol. I do wish we could have got a few more scenes between them and see when they first met like that scene where Angel meets Spike for the first time. I just want more whirlwind scenes in general lol.

But yeah I'm sure Spike was happy when Darla was around or when Angel and Darla would go off by themselves for awhile cause then he had Dru all to himself lol.

ChaseRules: Agreed . With Darla around Angelus has no time for Dru which would make Spike happy.
    DeadlyDuo likes this.
  10. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Darla seems to look down her nose at Spike. He was definitely the bottom rung of the Whirlwind hierarchy which is another reason why Spike was so pissed at Angelus in season 2. He'd gotten used to being top dog then Angelus strolls in and usurps his position when Spike is unable to fight back.

11. WillowFromBuffy

I am convinced that your assessment is right, though I do not see any of these scenes as absolute proof of the nature of their relationship. Darla and Dru, despite being a match for them physically, allow Angel and Spike to fight among themselves for dominance. Spike is of course never going to chose Darla as his mistress, so Darla is depending on Angel to beat down Spike. In Ireland, Spike is obviously growing more confident. He is not ready to challenge Angel, yet, but he is close. Dru is clearly impressed by Spike's irreverence. Once Spike kills the slayer in China, it is all over for Angel and Darla. The new generation has overthrown the old. That is why Spike is so happy to see Angel. Spike does not seem to know or care that Angel has a soul, because everyone knows who now is top dog. Spike is probably more dangerous here than in School Hard. I see School Hard as a desperate attempt by an old rock star do a comeback :p Darla is angry with Angel for letting Spike surpass him, because it means the Fanged Four are more or less finished. It is the Spike and Dru show now.

My point was that to me it is technically possible that Spike and Darla got along well enough in the early days. Darla seems annoyed with Angel's infatuation with Dru, so Spike and Darla may have bounded over their jealousy.

Slayerofslayers and DeadlyDuo like this.
  12. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I don't know. Spike was all over Dru when she brought him to meet Angelus and she wanted to show him to Darla. Spike doesn't seem like the type that would rather spend time with Darla than Dru. In TGIQ, he actually left Angelus and the bride so that he could find Dru and hunt with her instead. Angelus' line "You never let us do that" after finding out that the Immortal had a threesome with Darla and Dru, is Angelus put out because HE never got to have the threesome. He's including Spike with the "us" so that he doesn't sound whiny. What he really means is "You never let ME do that". That's just my opinion but there are a few things that could back it up:

1. Spike has never shown an interest in Darla romantically or otherwise. He only has eyes for Dru.

2. Angelus was speaking to Darla when he said that line, which is why "You never let ME do that" would seem quite accurate because Darla is the one that would say no.

3. Darla isn't interested in Spike, romantically or otherwise. As @Slayerofslayers pointed out, Darla seems to look down on Spike. Keeping Dru occupied is probably all he's good for as far as she's concerned.

4. Darla wants Angelus only and vice versa. It seems like Dru is treated just as a bed warmer for Angelus when Darla is away.

WillowFromBuffy likes this.
  13. WillowFromBuffy

@DeadlyDuo I certainly did not mean to suggest there was anything romantic between Spike and Darla. Most likely, they were quite indifferent to each other.

Slayerofslayers likes this.
  14. Cordeliagirl

Cordeliagirl Oh, Buffy, we're sisters! With different hair.

Sineya
    Me too, i thought wish was different, but disappointment about cordys wish.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 29, 2017 ---
    Cordelia should Wish that her dad and buffys mom married each other and Xander s dad and Williow s mom married each other and cordy and buffy are twins sister and Xander and Williow are twins too.

15. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya
    Agreed . From what I saw Angelus only kept Dru around as a trophy of what he had done . I believe that he would gotten bored & gotten rid of Due at some point. That could have been one reason he didn't mind Spike at first since he didn't have to watch after her . And from that comment Angelus said about the Immortal Dara didn't want to share him with Dru & after seeing that was mad since that proved he wasn't in charge.

16. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Cordelia mentioned in season 1 that her mother barely got out of bed anymore and the doctor said it was some syndrome. Is it possible that Cordelia's dad was the only one earning money for the family and that his trouble with the IRS is why Cordelia was suddenly out of money?

17. Slayerofslayers

You make some good points. It is true that they could have gotten along well enough at times throughout the fang four days and we only saw a snippet of their interactions so it's hard to make an assessment of it. After all, twenty years is a long time to spend with a group of people and they could have bonded at some point over something lol. But like you said they were probably mostly indifferent to each other most of the time. They probably talked more those two years Angelus was gone after he lost his soul before the boxer rebellion lol.

18. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya
    The way I see it Darla saw Dru & Spike as her kids . Don't forgot Dru called Dara Mommy . And I don't see Spike cheating on Dru with Darla .
    After all they had nothing in common with each other . They might have gotten along with each other but I don't them them doing anything .

19. WillowFromBuffy

Darla must have felt like such a third well. Every morning evening Spike would greet her with a 'still here?'-look. :p

ChaseRules: LOL
  20. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Dru would call Darla "Grandmother" which would really annoy Darla. She'd call Angelus "Daddy" which is why there were always sinister undertones when it came to Angelus sleeping with Dru. It's not based on who sired who either because Dru never calls Spike "son" or asks him to call her "mother".