• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Women's Football World Cup starts Friday.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Last year the England men surprised us by having a good tournament and almost going all the way. But they were not one of the pre-tournament favourites. The women's team are. Can they go one better? The action kicks off Friday with the host France facing South Korea. Post your thoughts on the World Cup here and talk about your country's chances.

telperion66

Potential
I made a post to Facebook recently where I said that I was actually looking forward to the women's world cup - for the first time ever!

The profile of the women's game in England (where I live) seems to have risen quite sharply in recent times.

I'm getting more familiar with the star players and I am looking forward to seeing the team in action.

I just hope the quality of the overall play holds my attention as I am quite picky about what men's football teams I watch due to the varying levels of quality on display.

I'm a Manchester City fan so I love to watch them on TV when I get the chance!

Go Lionesses!! :)

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
I usually watch quite a bit of the World Cup.
Will probably catch a few games on TV this time around as well.
Can be quite fun. At least doesn't the women usually take a dive at any possible moment...

Think Sweden manage to get all the way to the final in the last Olympic but can't imagine they will do that again.
They should make it through to the knockout stage though.

/SK

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I agreed with sk because of the comment about women not taking a dive, gone are the good old days of English football when the players played with a good element of sportsmanship.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I usually watch quite a bit of the World Cup.
Will probably catch a few games on TV this time around as well.
Can be quite fun. At least doesn't the women usually take a dive at any possible moment...

Think Sweden manage to get all the way to the final in the last Olympic but can't imagine they will do that again.
They should make it through to the knockout stage though.

/SK
Not just are you unlikely to see the women diving about like the men sometimes do. But there's far more of a link between the players and fans in the women's game.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Starts tonight. I would think France will get off to a decent. Then again you sometimes get funny results in opening games. Will go 3-1 to the hosts.

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
Yeah, I'm curious. Of course, my rooting interest is the USA but there seems to be a lot of really quality sides this world cup. Looking at the bracket it appears France and USA could meet in the quarters. My prediction is that the winner of that game wins it all.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Frances looked sharp in the opening. They looked up for it from start. South Korea were just out of their league though and couldn't handle the fast start the hosts made. I would expect tougher tests for France as we move along;) The fourth goal was a blinder!

Mr Trick

Scooby
China giving as good as their getting right now against the Germans. Should have made more of that opening a minute ago. This match is already flowing quite well.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Go Espana!!!!
What did you think of your performance today? You did well to come back though not the best performance overall. Guess its job done for now.

An interesting day some good matches. China may have a chance of escaping their group if they can reproduce their first half performance from today in the next match.

Name the Stars

You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling.
Black Thorn
What did you think of your performance today? You did well to come back though not the best performance overall. Guess its job done for now.

An interesting day some good matches. China may have a chance of escaping their group if they can reproduce their first half performance from today in the next match.
I believe we could have done better, but I'll take what I can get :D

Mr Trick

Scooby
A lot of positives for Scotland today. England got sloppy in the second half and the defence looked shaky. Job done but England need to improve. I think Scotland have a decent chance of getting through the group if they can build on that.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Australia lived up to our belief Sam Kerr was expected to score at least one whilst the defence is probably the worst in the world.

Top Bottom