• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Article The writers mentioned Angel...

W

WillowFromBuffy

@Angel6 Hated. Past tense. Is it not all right to change one's mind? She says that she watched Angel in her mid-twenties and it made her reassess Angel as a character and his importance to the larger story. "I was so wrong."

Angel6
Angel6
I really hope so, but she processes to be ‘Team Spike’ which..... suggests otherwise?

Primal Slayer

Did I Fall Asleep?
So she revealed that Angel wont be introduced yet into the series since Buffy needs to focus on herself....not entirely sure I agree, he didnt consume Buffys life when he was around. Yeah they certainly had plenty of time with one another but introducing characters like Dru and Spike before him seems so wrong. If the two date and he goes all Angelus, that'll definitely be a totally different story.

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
@Angel6 Does it really matter that she said she was Team Spike? Would that prohibit her from telling a good story? Would it have been better if she said she never really watched the show so she had no strong connections to any of the characters? Everyone has an opinion, but she's a professional writer, not some fanfic writer writing it as a hobby.

Angel6
Angel6
Just combined with saying she initially hated Angel on Buffy, the lack of any news or sightings on Angel at all so far.... surely you can see why it may lead an Angel fan a degree of concern? As I’ve reiterated I’ll go with the ride whatever.

DayDreamer27

Potential
@Angel6 Does it really matter that she said she was Team Spike? Would that prohibit her from telling a good story? Would it have been better if she said she never really watched the show so she had no strong connections to any of the characters? Everyone has an opinion, but she's a professional writer, not some fanfic writer writing it as a hobby.
Idk how good Boom is, but I am used to Marvel. And when a writer is Team"Whatever Character", that character becomes a pet who gets all the big moments & stories while others are around to support or make them look good.

Writers should be professional, but sadly many aren't. And they write a character based on whatever story they wanna tell, rather than what's consistent with said character. Or they'll write the character like a complete joke should they not like them.

The biggest example for me.
One of my favorite Marvel characters is Sabretooth, who has been treated like crap since 2003. He's Angelus when properly written. And throughout the 90's and early 2000's, he was a dangerous force to be reckoned with because he was fierce, and intelligent. He's a former CIA operative, expert hunter, tracker, and very skilled at hacking into government bases to steal info, and locking out the personnel. He was also very skilled at mind-games & broke Professor X. Cue the latest series he was in, written by Greg Pak, where he didn't know how to hunt or use a keyboard. It was clear in the writing he didn't care about Sabretooth beyond using him as comedy relief. Despite the fact he should not be comedic or stupid. He became good through an inversion spell. It flipped his good & evil. He was modeled after Angel for the story. So he was a better person trying to atone. Once again, Pak writes him no different than his villain self. Instead of Angel, we got Spike. And again, I have had enough of Spike. lol

So when I hear a writer gushing over a character like that, I already know they have their pet. Now who's gonna get sacrificed to make them look good? In the last series, Angel & Buffy got simped out for the sake of Spike.

Coming from Marvel, I am not optimistic with current writers. So my red-flag already went up.

Angel6
Angel6
Exactly, Angel and Bangel really got shafted for Spike and Spuffy over at DH. Gonna be a shame if it happens straight away again.
Top Bottom