• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Written Works of Amber Benson

Info about Ghosts of Albion
By Amber Benson and Christopher Golden

"Ghosts of Albion is a tale of monsters and magic set in Victorian times. Though we originally created it as an animated web series for the BBC, it has now grown to include a novella, a role playing game, and a new series of original novels."
Link to official site

The animated web series

Legacy: [Watch]
Directed by Amber Benson and animated by Cosgrove Hall.
"William and Tamara Swift discover their destiny - as defenders of Albion against the forces of darkness..."

Embers: [Watch]
Directed by John Ainsworth and animated by Nick Hilditch.
"William and Tamara Swift are drawn into a quest to find an ancient artefact, facing danger on the way."

Novels

Astray: [Link]
Written by Amber Benson and Christopher Golden
Audiobook read by Jasmine Hyde and directed by Martin Trickey [Listen]
"William and Tamara Swift journey to a remote village, where the local children are going through some changes..."

Accursed: [Link]
"When strange and hideous creatures appear in the slums of London, an unholy plague threatens to launch an epic battle that may rage all the way to Buckingham Palace . . . and beyond. Time is running out as William and Tamara must learn whether their friends will stand beside them, or seduce and betray them."

Initiation: [Link]
This novel collects the full scripts for the BBC animated adventures of Ghosts of Albion "“ Legacy and Embers, as well as the short story Illusions.

Witchery: (Will be released in September 2006) [Link]

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
They say this one below is part of a three book deal.

Actress Amber Benson's ("Tara" from Buffy) DEATH'S DAUGHTER, the story of a young woman trying to make it as a young urban professional in NYC who slowly comes to realize that her father is actually the Grim Reaper and that she must rescue him after he's kidnapped by unknown forces in order to save her entire family (not to mention the world)
The Swivet: Last week's genre acquisitions.

But hey...Terry Pratchet's Susan of his Discworld series anyone?

Blondie Bear

Zydrate Addict
Good thing I checked before I posted; I was just about to start a thread about this. I saw Death's Daughter in Barnes & Noble today and was all "Amber Benson? I wonder if it's the same Amber Benson?" So I checked the back cover, and there she is. I was gonna come in here (virtually) waving my copy (because of course I bought it) and go, "Did everyone else know Amber was an author?"

So it's in my reading stack but it might be a bit before I get to it . . . anyone else read it yet?

Anya Jenkins-Harris

Vengeance is what I am.
I found the Ghosts of Albion novels on the net about a year back, but I never bought any, though I really wanted them. Not even so much for the storylines but more 'cause Amber wrote them. I'm considering buying them; especially Death's Daughter sounds cool. ^.^

Lindsey McDonald

Spirit Boy
I ordered Death's Daughter on Amazon when she tweeted about it. Plus, if she gets 84 reviews on Amazon.com, she's going to tape herself doing the macarena and put it on youtube!

Now I just need to wait for it to arrive. It actually sounds quite interesting - I probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

H
hazzard
what's her twitter account name?

Clem Rocks

Scooby
Good thing I checked before I posted; I was just about to start a thread about this. I saw Death's Daughter in Barnes & Noble today and was all "Amber Benson? I wonder if it's the same Amber Benson?" So I checked the back cover, and there she is. I was gonna come in here (virtually) waving my copy (because of course I bought it) and go, "Did everyone else know Amber was an author?"

So it's in my reading stack but it might be a bit before I get to it . . . anyone else read it yet?
I want to, but i'm not a big book reader, let me know how it is please?

Blondie Bear

Zydrate Addict
I'm about 6 chapters in right now. So far, the premise is great, the pacing is good, the storytelling . . . not so much. The narrator has maybe too much voice--it's like listening to someone babble at you nonstop, someone with a bit too much melodrama. Amber has a habit of ending scenes with some prophecy-of-doom remark, in italics, of course. I think she was trying to write a REALLY long movie, but didn't realize that the overblownness and drama that works in a movie doesn't necessarily work in a book.

I'm going to finish it, but I'm not sure I'm gonna buy the next one when it comes out.

Willow-Tree

Your Childhood Trauma
^ Really? I'm about six or seven chapters in as well and am really enjoying it. There are definitely some flaws, but Amber is immensley talented. Be aware this is her first self-written novel. A lot of author's first work isn't really their best. That said, I reccomend it to every Amber fan and every fantasy book fan in general.

Blondie Bear

Zydrate Addict
I don't HATE it; it's just not the best-written thing I've ever read. Even the best-written first novel I've ever read.

Anya Jenkins-Harris

Vengeance is what I am.
Oh my that was AMAZING. She posted it on facebook and I clicked straight on it when I woke up this morning...It was very amusing. And now, if I ever meet Amber again, I'm sooo making her do the macerena ;)

hazzard

we merry few
that was awesome. she has a great voice and her dance was great. i can't wait to check out her books.

Lindsey McDonald

Spirit Boy
hazzard agrees: what's her twitter account name?
Have a look in here, there's a whole bunch of 'verse related twitterers.

Twitter - Page 3 - Buffy-Boards

Also, TK, that was so much better than I expected! She pretended she didn't really want to do it, but she SO did!

Washburne
Washburne
She's an actess and likes a challenge. Of course she liked it. :D She just fooled people so they would give reviews. Clever girl. ;)

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
Has anyone finished her Deaths Daughter book, is it worth reading?

msfantastico87

Joann the Goblin Slayer
Death's Daughter is totally worth reading!!!! I can't wait for the third book in the series to come out :D if you haven't read it... DO IT!!! it's mysterious, yet comedic and it's just awesome. I finished it within a few hours. It was too good to put down. :) plus, I always imagine Amber as Calliope Reaper-Jones lol

(I was like "oh that's an interesting topic" and then I realized I apparently started it four and a half years ago :D )

Anyways, I haven't read Death's Daughter, but I'm visiting Frenchy Faith and Elmo right now, and Faith has tried reading the book but says it's not good at all... I think I'm gonna spend my time and energy on re-reading Buffy season 8 instead....

E
elmo
mhm... although I feel that I should at least give it a chance because it's Amber....

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
I just finished reading Death & Buses by Amber... Anyone else here read it? I found it absolutely hilarious (and loved how one of the main characters is a comic book writer :D )

bespangeled

Scooby
Black Thorn
I have been wanting to get her books but money is so tight - good reviews are great to have! Now, I will start looking at some of the local used book stores. There's an online used book store one of my kids uses so maybe there. I'll let you know.

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
You can download The Witches of Echo Park for free via Audible (which is what I did, I can link you if you want). It's basically spoken books- The Witches of Echo Park is narrated by Amber too which is pretty awesome. I started listening to it last night.

The book I bought yesterday was $4.50. Usually I'm a cheap-skate but was totally worth the $4.50.

Top Bottom