• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

There should be a law...

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Moderated use of autotuning or electric/computer-created sounds in music.
Sometimes it does have a place. I mean, what would California Dreamin be without the autotune? Seriously.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
didn't think they had autotune back then?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Political parties should be banned. Maybe our representatives would represent us in government rather than representing their leaders to us.

Every issue should be decided by plebiscite except those that involve individual rights. Individual rights should be sacrosanct.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
My plants eat a heap of blood and bone. They also like chicken poop and egg shells.

Every issue should be decided by plebiscite
Have you seen The Orville? I reckon it addressed this issue more realistically than Black Mirror did re upvotes. Hashtags take lives. The most recent plebiscite here was a shitstorm. Completely changed my view on what is considered "good" and what is considered bad/mentally ill. Hence such joyful freedom in country life among the lovely elderly and poor who were not influenced by pocket devices.

New law - compulsary community service for all who are receiving benefits/loans while studying.

New law 2 - completion of basic care/basic needs courses for families expecting children (and pets).

Actually havent given much thought to my new laws. I would not be the most ideal person to plan a modern society. I would keep trying to teach people to ride horses, grow veggies and trade in service.

thrasherpix
thrasherpix
Good one, and here in the USA there'd be serious reform over both college loans and university funding as well.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Hmmm...lots of things go through my mind, from changing our war on drugs to follow the Portugal model to adopting the Australian voting system (I know it's far from perfect but I'm sure it would break the stranglehold of the 2 party system in the USA and help counter voter fraud and gerrymandering). I don't want to mention any current hot topic issues of the moment. So what to actually go with specifically? I know!

I'd crack down on the many legal scams out there in general as well as push for greater enforcement of anti-fraud laws that already exist (such as going after those mechanics that scare you into forking over an extra hundred dollars or so for services they don't even actually provide when you go in for an oil change as just one of many examples). Televangelists and their ilk would lose their tax exempt status in addition to, at the very least, burdened with the same laws that apply to professional psychics.

While I was at it, one of the many reforms I'd want for public schools is classes designed to familiarity with the system (as it can be used to help those who know how against unethical and fraudulent practices) in addition to promoting critical thinking to combat both scams as well as manipulative advertising (political, corporate, military, religious, etc) as well as the news (that includes MSNBC and CNN along with FOX) and internet drivel (like the fake news and trivial yet passionate moral panics & outrage that spread like wildfire over Facebook and other social media, and speaking of which, Facebook execs would hate my crackdown on them as well).

In short, the character assassination against me by corporate owned news stations and ad agencies, probably worth a billion dollars, would ensure my reign was brief. :p

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
No elected official should be allowed to serve more than two consecutive terms in any office (if it's good enough for the President, it should be good enough for all of the Senators and Congressmen as well) We have too many professional politicians who have no idea whatsoever what it means to livein the "real" world.
Not an issue in Aus- we haven't had a prime minister stay in power for longer than a couple of years since the early noughties haha.

New laws -

1.) Bike riders have to abide by the exact same rules as drivers - speed limits, license plates, licenses, no running red lights etc.
2.) Mandatory community service for one year at age 18. Could be military, but could also be anything good for the community - working in a soup kitchen, cleaning the ocean. All to be paid, regardless of job, the same amount.
3.) No 4wd's in the city. Only to be used in terrain that require them.
4.) Onions go on top at a Bunnings sausage sizzle.
5.) Retired politicians only earn the same amount as a standard pensioner.

Puppet
Puppet
Cyclists are more dangerous than people realize.
Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
Do not get me started on cyclists!

NeonSlayer

Potential
Are we not animals?

I don't have an issue with people not eating meat, but I'm always taken aback when people seperare themselves from animals. I think it's part of the reason why we're in such a mess, as a species.
So you're okay with cannibalism?

You say you don't have an issue with people not eating meat. Why would you have an issue with it? On the other hand, there are a hell of a lot of reasons to be against the meat industry.

Nonhumans are tortured, murdered, & eaten at an astronomically higher rate than humans. Saying we're all animals is telling a BLM supporter that we're all human or someone talking about the problems with white feminism that we're all women/sisters. It doesn't work when one side is being exploited & brutalized more than the other side.

Unless someone is a neo Nazi they are against humans being shoved into trucks and driven to slaughterhouses.

Last edited:
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Wow. You're actually serious, aren't you?!

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
I have no problem with cannibalism. There are many people that do eat human flesh - in a roundabout manner. The secret is you have to let maggots eat the flesh and then you eat the maggots. Thus consuming human flesh by proxy. That's how most of the cannibalistic tribes do it, at least from my understanding. They aren't out there gnawing on an ankle bone.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Oh wow, now I'm hungry!

Taake

Talk Darcy to me
Staff member
Black Thorn

You say you don't have an issue with people not eating meat. Why would you have an issue with it? On the other hand, there are a hell of a lot of reasons to be against the meat industry.

Nonhumans are tortured, murdered, & eaten at an astronomically higher rate than humans. Saying we're all animals is telling a BLM supporter that we're all human or someone talking about the problems with white feminism that we're all women/sisters. It doesn't work when one side is being exploited & brutalized more than the other side.

Unless someone is a neo Nazi they are against humans being shoved into trucks and driven to slaughterhouses.
Cannibalism would suggest eating human-animal meat, not just any animal meat (humans = animals, so eating animals = cannibalism is then erroneous to me), so "you're okay with cannibalism?" seems a bit far flung and hyperbolic.

Why people would have an issue with people not eating meat - probably because non-meaters have a tendency to get on a very moral high horse about it and equate anyone not on their side as a neo-Nazi or the like, as the rest of your post shows.

I don't eat meat myself, and I think that the meat and dairy industry are abhorrent, but these kind of posts, to me, just come across as fanatic, hypocritical, and disrespectful. I understand the passion, but I dislike the method.

thrasherpix
thrasherpix
Stray thought to me, but I've always been fascinated how like piranha in a frenzy don't turn on each other. (Unrelated as humans have a society which animals aren't part of like we are--not to say "therefore show them no mercy.")

NeonSlayer

Potential
Cannibalism would suggest eating human-animal meat, not just any animal meat (humans = animals, so eating animals = cannibalism is then erroneous to me), so "you're okay with cannibalism?" seems a bit far flung and hyperbolic.

Why people would have an issue with people not eating meat - probably because non-meaters have a tendency to get on a very moral high horse about it and equate anyone not on their side as a neo-Nazi or the like, as the rest of your post shows.

I don't eat meat myself, and I think that the meat and dairy industry are abhorrent, but these kind of posts, to me, just come across as fanatic, hypocritical, and disrespectful. I understand the passion, but I dislike the method.
Literally BILLIONS of animals are brutally murdered every year. How is it a moral high horse to take a strong stance against that? It is a serious issue with a lot of suffering & more victims dead in one year than there are humans alive.

I didn't call it a holocaust. I was saying when people truly see humans as animals they treat them like nonhumans. Animals are sent to slaughterhouses and most see it as a regular part of life and get annoyed with those who are outraged by it more than those who are responsible for it.

How am I being hypocritical?

Top Bottom