• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

There's a new slayer in town

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
So, did she know it was Buffy's town, did she know of the other slayer?
Did she behave as a person willing to join in?

KaitKat

Potential
If you’re referring to the speech in Enemies that line never felt right. I understand her rage at feeling like Buffy had everything she never had but never appreciated it and to be fair she was dealt a really crappy hand in life and feels unfairly judged but yeah she came to Sunnydale specifically because she knew Buffy lived there.

To answer the other part of your question yes Faith initially behaved as a person willing to join the team but she kind of got treated like a spare tire that only got used when needed. To be fair the Scoobies are kids and that is just something that happens but I do hold Giles accountable for treating her that way.

Last edited:

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
You noticed?
Did I?
Clever you!

Faith needed help with the big vamp Cooks'istoes whatever 'is name is.

KaitKat
KaitKat
I think it’s Kissing Toast 😂

KaitKat

Potential
Oh, did Faith need help with Kissing Toast?

Did she need help/guidance to conquer her fears and face him? Yes. Is that why she came to town? It’s hard to say because she never actually asked anyone for help. Did she want it? Probably but she also hates looking vulnerable, and was possibly in denial. At any rate she did know that Buffy would be in Sunnydale and clearly wanted to meet her, she also seemed to be trying really hard to get everyone to like her. But why come in the first place? I don’t know it could be that she had nobody after her Watcher was murdered and wanted to meet the one girl in the world like her. She doesn’t seem to realize that Kakistos followed her to town but she obviously didn’t feel that she could stay in Boston and take him on. I think that because she was originally only going to be in five episodes that her backstory wasn’t as well flushed as it should’ve been.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
err whose this Kalistos girl /guy?
Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
KaitKat
KaitKat
The same one that Buffy calls Kissing Toast.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
To answer the initial question, yes and yes. Faith knew that the Hellmouth/Sunnydale had a guardian called Buffy ('you must be Buffy, right? is the first thing she says) and so she sought her out, figuring that going and hanging out at a viable vampire-hotspot was a surefire way of doing it.

I imagine that Faith's Watcher would've told Faith that there was another slayer since that might've been relevant info during the initial recruitment process;
'Faith, you are the Chosen one, the slayer, one girl in all the world...oh, apart from some little Californian blonde called Buffy who guards the Hellmouth, but let's not dwell on her shall we?' or something similarly Watcher-ly, stuffy and British.

But that wasn't the whole truth. Yes, Faith wanted to come and shoot the breeze with the other slayer- she thinks being a slayer is cool so it makes sense that she'd seek out the only other unique girl like her, out of curiosity if nothing else- but she is also running from her past failure.
Kakistos brutally murdered her Watcher (in front of her) and, although she clearly hurt him badly, she ran (and still is running) for her life. So she isn't shocked that he's alive, only that he somehow caught up to her very quickly (possibly because of Trick? I'm not sure)

Faded90

Scooby
To answer the initial question, yes and yes. Faith knew that the Hellmouth/Sunnydale had a guardian called Buffy ('you must be Buffy, right? is the first thing she says) and so she sought her out, figuring that going and hanging out at a viable vampire-hotspot was a surefire way of doing it.

I imagine that Faith's Watcher would've told Faith that there was another slayer since that might've been relevant info during the initial recruitment process;
'Faith, you are the Chosen one, the slayer, one girl in all the world...oh, apart from some little Californian blonde called Buffy who guards the Hellmouth, but let's not dwell on her shall we?' or something similarly Watcher-ly, stuffy and British.

But that wasn't the whole truth. Yes, Faith wanted to come and shoot the breeze with the other slayer- she thinks being a slayer is cool so it makes sense that she'd seek out the only other unique girl like her, out of curiosity if nothing else- but she is also running from her past failure.
Kakistos brutally murdered her Watcher (in front of her) and, although she clearly hurt him badly, she ran (and still is running) for her life. So she isn't shocked that he's alive, only that he somehow caught up to her very quickly (possibly because of Trick? I'm not sure)
I think she’d heard a few stories about Buffy ‘meet the infamous Buff and compare notes. So B did you really use a rocket launcher one time?’. I think her coming to Sunnydale was almost her coming for help without asking for it. Maybes even subconsciously wanting help

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I think she’d heard a few stories about Buffy ‘meet the infamous Buff and compare notes. So B did you really use a rocket launcher one time?’. I think her coming to Sunnydale was almost her coming for help without asking for it. Maybes even subconsciously wanting help

I agree to an extent, she clearly knew some details of Buffy's exploits but I don't think she was running to Buffy for help, not even subconsciously. I think she say Buffy as a chance to start over with a clean slate.
Faith has a tendency to run from her problems when she feels overwhelmed and ashamed (kinda like Buffy in that respect) and I think she's desperately trying not to think about her past. It still bleeds through- like how she beats on that vampire whilst on patrol- but mainly she's busily repressing because she hates that she failed her Watcher.

It's only when Buffy tells her that she didn't do anything wrong by running away 'First rule of a slayer, don't die.' that Faith can finally turn and finish Kakistos off.

On a side note I get the impression that Faith was a lot closer to her Watcher than Buffy was to S1 Giles; Faith knows about some of Buffy's exploits- Watcher gossip?- and about the luxury Watcher retreat- as if her Watcher had shared more of herself with Faith that a Watcher usually would.

Faded90

Scooby
I agree to an extent, she clearly knew some details of Buffy's exploits but I don't think she was running to Buffy for help, not even subconsciously. I think she say Buffy as a chance to start over with a clean slate.
Faith has a tendency to run from her problems when she feels overwhelmed and ashamed (kinda like Buffy in that respect) and I think she's desperately trying not to think about her past. It still bleeds through- like how she beats on that vampire whilst on patrol- but mainly she's busily repressing because she hates that she failed her Watcher.

It's only when Buffy tells her that she didn't do anything wrong by running away 'First rule of a slayer, don't die.' that Faith can finally turn and finish Kakistos off.

On a side note I get the impression that Faith was a lot closer to her Watcher than Buffy was to S1 Giles; Faith knows about some of Buffy's exploits- Watcher gossip?- and about the luxury Watcher retreat- as if her Watcher had shared more of herself with Faith that a Watcher usually
It does seem that they had a more personal bond than Buffy had with S1 Giles. Giles obviously consistently tried to keep things seperate, even in the later seasons seeming reluctant to know too much and not getting ‘pally’ until
s2

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@KaitKat,
what's this, Buffy calls that Kalistos girl /guy Kissing Toast? I knew there was a reason why I liked her

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
On a side note I get the impression that Faith was a lot closer to her Watcher than Buffy was to S1 Giles; Faith knows about some of Buffy's exploits- Watcher gossip?- and about the luxury Watcher retreat- as if her Watcher had shared more of herself with Faith that a Watcher usually would.

I love that we get such a good grasp of Faith's first watcher without even meeting her. I think it goes without saying that she must have been very open with Faith and probably not very traditional as a watcher because if she had been more like season 1 Giles I don't think Faith would have gotten close enough to her as she obviously did to feel like such a failure that she couldn't save her from Kakistos.

Top Bottom