• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

They forgot something

In season 4, ep 10 - Awakening the gang go to the shaman to get Angelus to talk to. What's pretty annoying is they are forgetting what happened in season 1 ep 17 when there was a much easier and guaranteed return of soul. Just give him a happy pill and wait for it to wear off!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

You gotta go be gay for that poor, dead intern...
Black Thorn
That wasn't Angelus, that was Angel 'pretending' to be Angelus whilst high on a chemical cocktail; Wesley pretty much states that fact in the episode.
Hmmm. That's some sloppy writing, then. The way I saw it, Angel got ruffied and it was Angelus who came out to play.

Ruffies have been known to induce moments of "complete happiness." Hours, even. Though 'ludes are much better. Or so I've heard. :p

Black Thorn
I think that was either an in-between state between Angel and Angelus or it was a placebo effect where he thought real happiness had been induced so he acted like it.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

You gotta go be gay for that poor, dead intern...
Black Thorn
I think that was either an in-between state between Angel and Angelus or it was a placebo effect where he thought real happiness had been induced so he acted like it.
No way. He wasn't acting. That was definitely Angelus. There was no 'in-between state.' That was full-on Angelus. 😅 He's always enjoyed the mental (and physical) torture of his victims. I didn't like Rebecca, and was hoping he'd kill her. God, what a stupid woman.
Placebo effect? Well, drugs like the incredibly magical and awesome Rohypnol or Methaqualone will definitely make you happy. But who's to judge what "real" happiness is? (It's like the Matrix...allegedly fake, but feels 100% real)

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
I think the reason they did that so they could have a reason to get Faith out of jail.

katmobile

Scooby
No way. He wasn't acting. That was definitely Angelus. There was no 'in-between state.' That was full-on Angelus. 😅 He's always enjoyed the mental (and physical) torture of his victims. I didn't like Rebecca, and was hoping he'd kill her. God, what a stupid woman.
Placebo effect? Well, drugs like the incredibly magical and awesome Rohypnol or Methaqualone will definitely make you happy. But who's to judge what "real" happiness is? (It's like the Matrix...allegedly fake, but feels 100% real)
People's behaviour will change if they've been roofied that's why it can be hard to prosecute someone who does that to you.

SpikeOrAngel

Townie
I believe Wes mentions in Season 4 that he never saw Angelus, which also contradicted him seeing his in "Eternity".
Buffy.Fandom says it was Angelus. I sure thought it was.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I believe Wes mentions in Season 4 that he never saw Angelus, which also contradicted him seeing his in "Eternity".
I always assumed that when he said that, he meant he never met the real Angelus; in Eternity, not only was Wesley knocked out shortly after they met, but it wasn't technically the real Angelus.

At the same time, I always roll my eyes when Cordelia says she knows him so well, as I literally can't remember her sharing a single scene with Angelus in Buffy S2, except for the mall when they blow up the Judge, which does not count. Of course, I mean prior to her trip in the Higher Realms after the S3 finale.

Btvs fan

Scooby
That could be a writer flub. Eternity was 4 years ago odds are the writers may have just forgot. On the Dirty Girls commentary they admit they only remembered at the last second that Faith and Spike had met before. For S8 Joss openly admitted he'd forgotten Warren was dead.
Hell in NFA Angel says he can't remember what it was like to be human even though he was one in IWRY

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Well, did you ever read Joss's run on Astonishing X-Men? The first part of the story was about a Mutant Cure. Now, over the 40 year run of the X-Men, there have been multiple cure storylines, of varing weight. To give his story greater gravitas, he ignored them. Making the cure a unique breakthrough forced the characters to wrestle with what it took to obtain and the consequences of it, as opposed to a throwaway plot device from the late 80s. I feel they were working the same way with Angelus, it increases the gravity of the event if this is something that hasn't happened since Becoming, as opposed to a forgettable season 1 episode.

Top Bottom