• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

They forgot something

In season 4, ep 10 - Awakening the gang go to the shaman to get Angelus to talk to. What's pretty annoying is they are forgetting what happened in season 1 ep 17 when there was a much easier and guaranteed return of soul. Just give him a happy pill and wait for it to wear off!

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
That wasn't Angelus, that was Angel 'pretending' to be Angelus whilst high on a chemical cocktail; Wesley pretty much states that fact in the episode.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon
Black Thorn
That wasn't Angelus, that was Angel 'pretending' to be Angelus whilst high on a chemical cocktail; Wesley pretty much states that fact in the episode.
Hmmm. That's some sloppy writing, then. The way I saw it, Angel got ruffied and it was Angelus who came out to play.

Ruffies have been known to induce moments of "complete happiness." Hours, even. Though 'ludes are much better. Or so I've heard. :p

genghiskhan

Potential
Black Thorn
I think that was either an in-between state between Angel and Angelus or it was a placebo effect where he thought real happiness had been induced so he acted like it.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon
Black Thorn
I think that was either an in-between state between Angel and Angelus or it was a placebo effect where he thought real happiness had been induced so he acted like it.
No way. He wasn't acting. That was definitely Angelus. There was no 'in-between state.' That was full-on Angelus. 😅 He's always enjoyed the mental (and physical) torture of his victims. I didn't like Rebecca, and was hoping he'd kill her. God, what a stupid woman.
Placebo effect? Well, drugs like the incredibly magical and awesome Rohypnol or Methaqualone will definitely make you happy. But who's to judge what "real" happiness is? (It's like the Matrix...allegedly fake, but feels 100% real)

katmobile

Potential
No way. He wasn't acting. That was definitely Angelus. There was no 'in-between state.' That was full-on Angelus. 😅 He's always enjoyed the mental (and physical) torture of his victims. I didn't like Rebecca, and was hoping he'd kill her. God, what a stupid woman.
Placebo effect? Well, drugs like the incredibly magical and awesome Rohypnol or Methaqualone will definitely make you happy. But who's to judge what "real" happiness is? (It's like the Matrix...allegedly fake, but feels 100% real)
People's behaviour will change if they've been roofied that's why it can be hard to prosecute someone who does that to you.

Top Bottom