• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Things that make you think of Buffy

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Are there things that remind you of Buffy in everyday life, not actual things like quotes, but just something you might see and it just reminds you of a scene or something.

There was a little girl walking down the road earlier and she had a yellow top and dark red skirt on, reminding me of Buffy in her cheerleader outfit.

Taake

Nightmare, dressed as a daydream
Staff member
Black Thorn
Mostly the fact that I named my dog Buffy, lol. Sadly her peroxide blonde dog (Samoyed) friend Spike died last year, for obvious reasons the two of them together also reminded me of BtVS. :)

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Think the two I've used most recently are :-
Do you want me to answer that, or shall I just glare....

and

Suddenly it's all falling into place....unfortunately that place is nowhere near this place!

BaskingINBangel

I'm a little bit bison
Many many things!

Off the top of my head.......

Random pieces of sharp wood laying around....I'm always like "Buffy was here."

Any mention of Charlie's Angels or Lady Marmalade. I immediately think of Lorne and Anya.

Anytime I hear about a sinkhole opening up on the news, or any time an Earthquake happens. I always think about the Hellmouth.

I still use "Buffy speak" and quote the shows from time to time.

Kratos

Scooby
While I was waiting to be seen by a doctor last year, seeing an old classmate go fast up and down the stairs of the doctor’s surgery made me think she’s as fast as Buffy. She even looks like her lol.

Last edited:

white avenger

white avenger
I've told this story before, but I'll repeat it for the few left who haven't heard it.

Several years ago, one Sunday morning in church, our minister began his sermon with the statement, "We must never lose sight of the fact that, no matter how things might get, faith is the key..." and I didn't hear the rest of that opening because a little voice in my head was shouting, "No, Faith is the Slayer. DAWN IS THE KEY."

And, by the way, I call my grandson Spike (but it's in reference to the pit bulldog in the old "Tom and Jerry" cartoon series as much as the one we all know and love, cause he's such a fierce little guy)

Hunga Munga

Potential
A guy who lives across the valley looks uncannily like one of the Buffy stunt vamps :D .His ex girlfriend pointed it out years ago and now I can't unsee it .

I don't usually quote lines directly but I will steal the jokes to get a laugh . I'm quite a Spikey type person naturally so I could get away with some of his funnier lines .

Really though grief and death are what remind me of Buffy most vividly . I often find myself reaching for Buffy when times are tough .The joy it brings me lightens my heart and the sorrow it evokes helps me express my own pain .

Not the most upbeat answer admittedly ;) :D but true as the day is long .

I watched Becoming Part 1 and 2 last night and I was entranced anew

TamsinValencia

Potential
Black Thorn
When I hear about someone being left at the altar

Guys that talk in puns and jokes like Xander

When someone says the word 'angel' or 'faith'

Tank1978

Scooby
I also use quotes from the show too!

One I use a lot is "is that no spelt y e s?" Or other around depending on situation and also "cos you only do that on the days the earth rotates"

I also try and think of how characters would act in situations I have coming up to try and give me strength/confidence for them. Often look to Giles or Wesley for my inspiration if it's a work thing.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
The Secret of Mana, the finest video game ever made that's not called Chrono Trigger or Earth-Bound, has a villian named "Buffy The Vampire." You can defeat her with a Whip, if you wish, Belmont Style.

Top Bottom