• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

This month is Lorne month in both VH and Merrick in memory of Andy Hallett

This Year's Girl

Grateful grapefruit
Sineya
This month both the houses of Vahla ha’nesh and Merrick are having Lorne themes to honour the memory of the wonderful Andy Hallett, our beloved Lorne. Andy passed away just 33 years old on march 29th 2009 of heart failure.

According to Pat Brady, Andys agent, Andy was close to his Angel cast members. Mark Lutz, who played the Groosalugg on Ats, was his best friend and was by Andys side all the way through his disease.

Those who knew Andy described him as a great guy, something that really showed in interviews and in interaction with fans. He is truly missed and someone we will always remember.

Please share your greatest memories and impressions of Lorne and/or Andy below. If you want to join us VH:ers and Merrickans in our Andy tribute you are more than welcome to do so.

And as a special surprise, we have designed a small Lorne quiz. The first person that PM:s the right answers to me will be awarded 20 house points and a special Lorne price banner designed by Chosen enemy.

1. What’s Lornes full name according to his mother?
2. What kind of demon is Lorne?
3. What’s Lornes favourite drink?
4. What is the last song we hear Lorne sing in Ats?
5. What is your favourite quote by Lorne?

Good luck!

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
I met Andy Hallett for the first time in 2003, and you could tell how much he loved his fans, he chatted to everyone there during photo and autograph sessions, even though there was over 2000 people there. He seemed to genuinely love working with his cast mates, and working on Angel, even if he did fall asleep on set at times! He seemed really close to the make up artist Dayne Johnson as well, even though he was unable to put in his red contacts himself! Of course the highlight had to be hearing Andy sing, such and amazing voice to hear.

Whenever I go to conventions these days I always try to ask the guest to tell a story about Andy.

Taake
Taake
lovely post
PassionBecoming
PassionBecoming
[No message]
SlayerFest
SlayerFest
[No message]

This Year's Girl

Grateful grapefruit
Sineya
I met Andy Hallett for the first time in 2003, and you could tell how much he loved his fans, he chatted to everyone there during photo and autograph sessions, even though there was over 2000 people there. He seemed to genuinely love working with his cast mates, and working on Angel, even if he did fall asleep on set at times! He seemed really close to the make up artist Dayne Johnson as well, even though he was unable to put in his red contacts himself! Of course the highlight had to be hearing Andy sing, such and amazing voice to hear.

Whenever I go to conventions these days I always try to ask the guest to tell a story about Andy.
Aw, thank you so much for sharing. :heart: I love little stories like this, seeing little pieces of his personality. What are some of the stories you've been told by others?

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
I asked Charisma last year and she told a story about how she was hosting a dinner party and Andy arrived with a pair of shoes for her that he had seen and thought she would look great in :)

Chosen Enemy

Losing my soul
I asked Charisma last year and she told a story about how she was hosting a dinner party and Andy arrived with a pair of shoes for her that he had seen and thought she would look great in :)
A man who gets women :)
So sweet.

Chosen Enemy

Losing my soul
We have a winner!
Congrats, [MENTION=8885]nightshade[/MENTION]! You've won 20 house points for Merrick

And for those who were wondering what the right answers were:

What’s Lornes full name according to his mother? Krevlorneswath of the Deathwok clan
What kind of demon is Lorne? A anagogic demon
What’s Lornes favourite drink? Seabreeze
What is the last song we hear Lorne sing in Ats? “If I ruled the world” by Regina Belle
What is your favourite quote by Lorne? nightshade's favorite quote was "Angel Cakes"

MandaMeena
MandaMeena
[No message]
VisionGirl
VisionGirl
Yay @Nightshade! :)
Top Bottom