• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Those Spuffy Moments in Season 7

Priceless

Scooby
Just watched Showtime, and that moment Buffy cuts Spike down from the wall is just so perfect. She looks at him with such love and the gratitude on his face when he realises it's really her and she has come for him.

I also like that Dawn defends Spike to Andrew, even though we know she is no longer Spike's biggest fan.

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
Staff member
You're right, I'm deeply moved each time I see it.

Spike respecting Buffy dating Wood & not being jealous or possessive was also great, when they are near the bathroom. The end of this episode too when Buffy said that she need him near her in First Date.

TriBel

Scooby
That look between them is everything. That and clasped hands in Chosen are two of most romantic moments in show in my opinion.
Nope...not having that! Try harder. 😄 If you're gonna bring hands into it you have to start with Beneath You where her body works independently of her conscious mind and is repelled by his touch...through to the graveyard scene in Potential where he grasps her hand to stop her checking his ribs (both Rona and I think that's hot...we can't both be wrong)...via First Date where she checks on him before Xander...onto the most complicated clinch in the history of the western world in Touched...through the unconscious hand stroking in Chosen. Only then can you mention the clasped hands at the end. @Priceless - have I missed anything? 🤔

Priceless
Priceless
Rona, you and me think it's hot :)

Priceless

Scooby
I love their meeting in the hallway in First Date. Spike is trying so hard to be a good man, encouraging Buffy to go out, but when the camera lingers on his face after Buffy leaves, you can tell he's hurting. Some great acting from JM. It's so obvious she has feelings for him, when she goes to him before she finds out if Xander is okay.

A lot of Season 7 takes place in hallways I've noticed (I'm on a rewatch). Buffy and Willow are always chatting on the landing.

@TriBel - There should be a scene by scene guide to Buffy and Spike's hands when they're together

Myheadsgonenumb

Potential
I love season 7 spuffy!
His realisation she is the real Buffy is amazing but the bit where the first as Drusilla asks him why he thinks he's any good at all and he replies, 'because she does - she believes in me,' ... that moment is everything.
And when the first is taunting him whilst dressed as Buffy and he's muttering something and it's just 'she will come for me, she will come for me' over and over ... oh my heart.
And at the end of First dates when he says he'll leave and she says he can't because she's not ready for him to not be there.

I understand why people who don't like spuffy don't like s7. But s7 is a spuffy shipper's paradise.

AstridDante

Potential
Nope...not having that! Try harder. 😄 If you're gonna bring hands into it you have to start with Beneath You where her body works independently of her conscious mind and is repelled by his touch...through to the graveyard scene in Potential where he grasps her hand to stop her checking his ribs (both Rona and I think that's hot...we can't both be wrong)...via First Date where she checks on him before Xander...onto the most complicated clinch in the history of the western world in Touched...through the unconscious hand stroking in Chosen. Only then can you mention the clasped hands at the end. @Priceless - have I missed anything? 🤔
Lol 😂 Ya loving all that hand action you mentioned, the hands on fire is pinnacle for me

TriBel

Scooby
@TriBel - There should be a scene by scene guide to Buffy and Spike's hands when they're together
Yeah...well that's the article I started two years ago. I've just checked on it...it's 18,000 words long, mostly incoherent and I no longer understand half of what I wrote. 🙄 On the plus side, I have great screenshots of the bed scene in Touched, complete with an overlay illustrating the rule of thirds and and triangulating the hands. Unfortunately, I'm too thick to post them. When I posted something about the hands in Potential, you said it was more erotic than the shot! 🤣

Lol 😂 Ya loving all that hand action you mentioned, the hands on fire is pinnacle for me
I think it's meant to be. 🙂 In the early "hand" scenes Buffy's response is either understandable OR she tries to rationalise it to herself. Touched and Chosen are different. Touched is my favourite hand scene (apart from not understanding what I wrote about it). In both scenes the images transcend language (which rather begs the bloody question of why I was trying to write about it! 🙄 .

AstridDante

Potential
Yeah...well that's the article I started two years ago. I've just checked on it...it's 18,000 words long, mostly incoherent and I no longer understand half of what I wrote. 🙄 On the plus side, I have great screenshots of the bed scene in Touched, complete with an overlay illustrating the rule of thirds and and triangulating the hands. Unfortunately, I'm too thick to post them. When I posted something about the hands in Potential, you said it was more erotic than the shot! 🤣

I think it's meant to be. 🙂 In the early "hand" scenes Buffy's response is either understandable OR she tries to rationalise it to herself. Touched and Chosen are different. Touched is my favourite hand scene (apart from not understanding what I wrote about it). In both scenes the images transcend language (which rather begs the bloody question of why I was trying to write about it! 🙄 .
Everything about Touched is divine, staring into each other’s eyes, rubbing his hand, the gentle head kiss, him holding her and then her holding him the next morning. It was really special

TriBel

Scooby
Everything about Touched is divine, staring into each other’s eyes, rubbing his hand, the gentle head kiss, him holding her and then her holding him the next morning. It was really special
I thought so. This is what I started to write about the second shot (where they're looking into each others eyes - it's draft):

"In the second shot, his arms almost enfold her – there is an obvious space between his hands. She has one hand resting on his hand and one hand on his stomach – the erogenous zones we saw in the cemetery. Her legs are bent but she’s not quite in the foetal position implied in the first shot. There is no movement except for the involuntary blink of their eyes and her thumb, which unconsciously strokes his fingers. He gently pins her right arm, the arm that usually wields the stake, against her body. This is not over-determination. The items on the bedside table intrude on the balance of the shot. That they warrant a key-light suggest their importance. In earlier shots, the objects were knowable. Here light and shadow combine to reconfigure, transforming quotidian objects into uncanny abstract geometric shapes. Words become stakes - or spikes. “In the hands of a slayer, everything is a potential weapon. If you know how to see it”, Buffy says in Potential. In the past, both have suffered symbolic death because of words. Both stakes and words are, for a duration, discarded while the passage from and to the mother, the wound, the scar, the lack undergoes transformation. It’s transformed by Flesh, a Flesh that comes from Vision. Vision doesn’t see, vision doesn’t know, vision touches with sight. Both the visible and the invisible are in-vision. If I am touching it, it is touching me, there’s no subject/object, just Flesh."

LOL! The bit in italics was because I was reading the philosopher Merleau-Ponty. I've only a tentative understanding of what I meant. I think it works - IDK - I kinda liked the concept because seen like this Touched re-contextualises and reconceptualises his speech in another "stranger’s house" (Beneath You) “No touching. Am I flesh? Am I flesh to you? Feed on flesh. My flesh. Nothing else. Not a spark. Oh, fine. Flesh then. Solid through. Get it hard; service the girl”.

So yeah...it's flesh Jim but not as we know it.

One of the notes I've copied from elsewhere describes MP's "flesh" as "the interrelations of the inside and the outside, the subject and the object, one sense and another in a common flesh...the "crisscrossing" of the seer and the visible, of the toucher and the touched, the indeterminacy of the "boundaries" of each of the senses, their inherent transposability, their refusal to submit to the exigencies of clear-cut separation or logical identity. What is described as flesh is the shimmering of a differance, the (im)proper belongingness of the subject to the world and the world as the condition of the subject.

It's brilliant - but while I can think it, I'm not bright enough to get it down in words. 🙄

Priceless

Scooby
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but in Beneath You Buffy cringes and has a flashback when she hands Spike her torch and their fingers touch. In Potential she passes him the torch and it's as though they've been a team forever and they're completely in synch.

Top Bottom