• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

To be honest...

P

Puffy

Do you watch Angel as well or do you only keep to Buffy?

Well, thats an interesting question. The first time I watched Buffy, I watched it side by side (thx to a watcher guide) with Angel. Angel by the way was "ok", but I dont have to rewatch that whole thing again. I am just picking special episodes, like "five by five". The ones that are connected with Buffy.
And when it comes to the Comics (since season 8), I am rereading Buffy and Angel/Faith alike.
(That is only my opinion, but it seems that Angel only shines, when combined with Faith.)

Lila

Townie
Buffy just equals pure life quality :)
Agreed! I'm just coming to the end of rewatching season 5, and I'm pretty sure I have to see season 6 again now. It's fun to see the whole thing through, but I have to say I'm always happiest when I start over from season 1. It's great to see them again as they were...and be reminded of the journey it was for all of them.

I just saw some Buffy comic books at the local library (yay for education!) but I'm yet to read any of them.:D

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
I'm always happiest when I start over from season 1. It's great to see them again as they were...and be reminded of the journey it was for all of them.
I love to watch the pilot directly after ending season 7.
It's great fun to see the difference and having how it all ended up in fresh memory while meeting them for the "first" time.

/SK

Lila
Lila
:)

Mr Trick

Scooby
Well, thats an interesting question. The first time I watched Buffy, I watched it side by side (thx to a watcher guide) with Angel. Angel by the way was "ok", but I dont have to rewatch that whole thing again. I am just picking special episodes, like "five by five". The ones that are connected with Buffy.
And when it comes to the Comics (since season 8), I am rereading Buffy and Angel/Faith alike.
(That is only my opinion, but it seems that Angel only shines, when combined with Faith.)

Good points, and good for you for spreading the Buffy love.

I guess I don't do the Buffy-Angel rewatches together because of them being quite different shows, and because I do like to focus and get emersed in one at a time. On a related note I recently got a friend hooked, and she watched all seven seasons in a matter of weeks, and has now started again. I think for now my work my be done:)

P
Puffy
Amen ;)
Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
A successful Buffy evangelist!

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
Personally I also prefer watching the whole of Buffy or Angel at a time. Once I watched Buffy s.1-3 followed by Angel to get his story in one go so to speak. I know where are fans that don't watch Angel at all, not giving it a chance and that makes me a bit sad. So no matter if people like it or not I'm glad when they're giving the show a chance.

P

Puffy

I did it again. ;)

Just started rewatching season 1. And it feels like fun, love and home, all at the same time. :)
Also I am rereading the season 8 comics. That library editions rock. Oh man. And the additional content. To die for.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I did it again. ;)

Just started rewatching season 1. And it feels like fun, love and home, all at the same time. :)
Also I am rereading the season 8 comics. That library editions rock. Oh man. And the additional content. To die for.

Which do you prefer the Angel or Buffy comics? Please no spoilers;)

P

Puffy

Which do you prefer the Angel or Buffy comics? Please no spoilers;)

Thats a hard one. Both are outstanding and both are also connected. (we are talking about the comics since season 8, right? The Angel after fall comics are only "ok" by the way...)

But I would pick Buffy (Season 8-10) over Angel/Faith (Season 9-10). Its just the pure DNA of the TV show.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Thats a hard one. Both are outstanding and both are also connected. (we are talking about the comics since season 8, right? The Angel after fall comics are only "ok" by the way...)

But I would pick Buffy (Season 8-10) over Angel/Faith (Season 9-10). Its just the pure DNA of the TV show.

Interesting. I have made a start on Angel after the Fall. I was more prone to read that because I felt like the show could have had at least another season whereas I was very pleased with the seven of Buffy. I will read Buffy or at least season eight as it will set me up for Angel and Faith.

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
Interesting. I have made a start on Angel after the Fall. I was more prone to read that because I felt like the show could have had at least another season whereas I was very pleased with the seven of Buffy. I will read Buffy or at least season eight as it will set me up for Angel and Faith.
The problem with After the Fall is that the Buffy writers didn't get to do the writing. The voiceovers and dialogues feel nothing like AtS. They are cryptic and poetic (or pretentious, depending on how much you like it).

I have no other complaint. The drawing is rough but great. The story is good.
And we get to see the last of cool Spike. After that, Spike officially became a lap dog.

Sorry, another complaint. The covers are bad. Some are unbearable.

P
Puffy
True words. Angel after fall has its flaws...

gite63

Gone
Sineya
I'm reading again Angel & Faith S9 - Volume 2 Library Edition (my only one). Family Reunion is amazingly good. And the Library Edition is so f****** beautiful - I so wish I could afford buying all of them. And in the end of this volume, Spike: A Dark Place. I can't have enough of comics, really.

P

Puffy

I'm reading again Angel & Faith S9 - Volume 2 Library Edition (my only one). Family Reunion is amazingly good. And the Library Edition is so f****** beautiful - I so wish I could afford buying all of them. And in the end of this volume, Spike: A Dark Place. I can't have enough of comics, really.

I collect all Library Editions. The best comic books I ever read. :)

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Explain what the Library editions are?
Massive hardcover collections! So 1 issue is a comic, thin and a few pages long. A Trade Paperback is a collection of issues, normally 5 or 6 depending on the arc. Then the library editions collect between about 2 to 5 of the trade paperbacks together.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Hmm maybe I should start collecting those... :D
I have all the ones released so far and they are very nice. Most of them haven't been opened yet. Once I get through my re-watch I'm going to read all the library editions. They are huge though so be prepared to dedicate a lot of shelf space to them!

P

Puffy

With something like more then 1000 comic books around, I wouldnt call me a collector, but you can say I am quite keen on comic books. :)

And that Library Editions are the best of the best. To die for. Trust me ;)

Just forget the normal paperbacks...

Mr Trick

Scooby
Sorry to ask another dim question, but are the library editions just for Buffy or both Angel and Buffy?

Top Bottom