• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

To be honest...

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Sorry to ask another dim question, but are the library editions just for Buffy or both Angel and Buffy?
Both. So far we've had:
Buffy Season 8 - Library Edition Volumes 1-4
Buffy Season 9 - Library Edition Volumes 1-3 (includes Willow Wonderland)
Angel & Faith (S9) - Library Edition Volumes 1-3 (includes Spike: A Dark Place)

Also available and in the same format are:
Angel: After the Fall Premiere Edition
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Tales

Mr Trick

Scooby
Both. So far we've had:
Buffy Season 8 - Library Edition Volumes 1-4
Buffy Season 9 - Library Edition Volumes 1-3 (includes Willow Wonderland)
Angel & Faith (S9) - Library Edition Volumes 1-3 (includes Spike: A Dark Place)

Also available and in the same format are:
Angel: After the Fall Premiere Edition
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Tales
And are they quite pricey? I think I might just try and read the comics first, and then worry about getting them in this format.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
And are they quite pricey? I think I might just try and read the comics first, and then worry about getting them in this format.
A bit under £20 each new, under £15 used on Amazon. If you're starting from scratch and don't own any of the comics yet then I reckon the Library Editions probably represent good value for money.

Mr Trick

Scooby
A bit under £20 each new, under £15 used on Amazon. If you're starting from scratch and don't own any of the comics yet then I reckon the Library Editions probably represent good value for money.
Well I only have two of Angel after the Fall so I guess if I was going to collect the library editions then I'm still at a good stage to do that without wasting money.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Well I only have two of Angel after the Fall so I guess if I was going to collect the library editions then I'm still at a good stage to do that without wasting money.
Yeah you're not too far gone. I'm impatient so I bought the paper backs and then have been selling them on and replacing with the library editions. Before you jump in though have a quick think about how and where you'll be reading. They're not suitable for reading on the move. Very much a sit down in a comfy chair at home job, big and heavy.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Yeah you're not too far gone. I'm impatient so I bought the paper backs and then have been selling them on and replacing with the library editions. Before you jump in though have a quick think about how and where you'll be reading. They're not suitable for reading on the move. Very much a sit down in a comfy chair at home job, big and heavy.
Its what I was thinking. As it happens I might be moving to a bigger place soon. Space is a factor too.

gite63

Gone
Sineya
The only problem with the Library Editions is that they take forever to be released... if you start reading the comics now, and get hooked, you probably won't have the patience to wait for S9 and S10. When I discovered the comics, I bought the trade paperbacks, and as I'm a bit of a collector (or just crazy), I still do.

And as @The Bronze pointed out, they are big and heavy...

Which, thinking it over, makes the trade paperbacks more practical.

Last edited:

Mr Trick

Scooby
Since I've hardly read any of them then I think I will be quite happy just making a start and catching up whenever. Lives busy right now so it will probably take me awhile to catch up anyway.

P

Puffy

To help you a little bit ;)

Size does matter. A Library Edition compared to a normal random comic paperback.

At this size, the double page panels are just stunning:

Also the normal panels really shine:

Then there are all the beautiful covers:

And a big sketch collection:

The thoughts of the artist are very interesting...things like how to catch the characters emotions so well.

To sum things up:

- if money is not the issue

only buy the Library Editions, or you will regret it, trust me. ;)

Another (perhaps) interesting aspect (it may change your life ;) ):

If comics are not a problem (it doesnt matter why, but it seems to me, that comics are not for everyone, which is sad in a way, but still ok) and you are a DIE HARD Buffy Fan, then not knowing Buffy Season 8-10 and Angel/Faith Season 9-10 is like not knowing Buffy Season 6+7. Like you stopped watching the show after Season 5. Just try to imagine that. And then ask yourself: What would you do about it? ;)

gite63
gite63
You're not helping, you are making me miserable... I want them all!

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
Those library editions do looks pretty cool.

Can see myself getting them even though I already have the comics. :)

/SK

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
If comics are not a problem (it doesnt matter why, but it seems to me, that comics are not for everyone, which is sad in a way, but still ok) and you are a DIE HARD Buffy Fan, then not knowing Buffy Season 8-10 and Angel/Faith Season 9-10 is like not knowing Buffy Season 6+7. Like you stopped watching the show after Season 5. Just try to imagine that. And then ask yourself: What would you do about it? ;)
Stopping after season 5 wouldn't be the worst thing. ;)

P
Puffy
Ouch! ;)

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
To jump in on the Library Edition discussion... buy them! They are gorgeous books. I wish I'd been able to get the After the Fall Premiere Edition but it was discontinued before I got a chance to buy it and got the slipcase version instead.

The Buffy stuff that Dark Horse releases is real high quality, you feel like you got your money's worth when they show up. Poor postman. :D

The Bronze
The Bronze
You can still get the premiere edition if you keep a look out for it!
P

Puffy

Done. The whole S1-7 re-rewatch. ;)

Wow, what a ride.

And the funny thing about it, I cant wait to rewatch it all over again. :D

Welcome to the Hellmouth and The Harvest. Timeless. And goose bumps, because it feels like coming home and starting shot alike. :)

The hopeless case Fanboy, thats me. ;)

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
Just yesterday I finished my last episode of Angel. I saw season 1 and half of season 2 years ago but never finished it. I wanted to finish it so I could find out what the heck "concord" was among other things. I'm glad I saw if but my view through schedule is buffy season 2 to 7, angel season 5 then back to buffy season 2 again.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Honestly I've only season 7 once all the way through, and not in any kind of hurry to watch again.

Top Bottom