• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Today I learned

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Does payphones still exists?
That was news for me, lol

/SK
Glad to have taught you something new today :D

Yep payphones exist. We'd be lost without them in rural areas - phone/internet is hideously expensive and down so bloody often! Plus those that live in the bush dont have any other option to contact the welfare office :p
Our major telco lets people call "home" free on christian holidays, its actually a really good thing when they do that. They cop flack for it on social media cos people in the cities feel its a waste to provide communication to the homeless.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Today I learnt that payphones exist but only in the nether bush regions of the world

HoppyHippy
HoppyHippy
They're in the city too, but not in the rich parts of the city. They do act as a telstra air point for smartphones too.

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
I learnt that the mans sperm is the one responsible for what sex the baby is going to be, and that if you get all girls or all boys it's because the sperm that he has is dominant in that sex. So all this not wanting girls is the mans fault and nothing to do with the woman not producing males!

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
That in some American states abortion is legal throughout the pregnancy. How can someone have an abortion when they have already been pregnant for over 8 months, how can anyone say that it's not a baby then. Surely they would still have to give birth as well, it would be a still birth rather than a live baby. That baby most likely could be born and be able to live without medical aid, so how is it legal to kill it then give birth, rather than give birth than kill it. Makes no sense to me

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Its so sad. And it should be ILLEGAL.

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I learned that instagram thinks quokka selfies are animal abuse hahabahaha those things are more likely to abuse your right to eat alone on the island. Quokkas love people, just dont touch them. Instastupid.

Instagram Is Cracking Down On Quokka Selfies, And WA Officials Are Pissed

On the topic of babies, @nightshade, I learned some woman support abortion ideas they have no knowledge of. People blindly following profitable medical science. There are tests to detect disabilities, aborting down syndrome kids is less abhorrant than drowning kittens, when you are on the internet.

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Today I learned a new word to describe what I observe and couldnt put in to words - Scientism.

Its such a relief to find things like that.

I also learned more about Thomas Szasz. I first read about him last week in a ptsd panic. I am going to try and track down some of his books. It makes me far less anxious about being locked up if I have this sort of knowledge to throw at doctors.

Sineya
Do you want to listen to radio from all over the world by location? I can't stop checking in on stations from all over just to see what kind of music exists everywhere else:

Radio Garden

You just rotate the globe and click on a dot and get the music from all over. This is awesome! But what am I going to do with my enormous collection of radios and tuners?

Spanky
Spanky
That is awesome. I really love it.
Top Bottom