• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Tokyo Olympics 2020/21

Mr Trick

Scooby
Adam Peaty really is a machine.

Jade Jones going to the Refregee team player is surely the story of the games so far. Feel bad for her, just a nice down to earth girl. A legend, but it was a moment.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The reaction from Daly and his diving partner to winning Gold had to be one of the moments of the Olympics so far. Very enjoyable and close finals. Also great to see such young people winning the Skateboarding. Hopefully they won't get too much pressure on them at that age.

TriBel

Scooby
The reaction from Daly and his diving partner to winning Gold had to be one of the moments of the Olympics so far.
I thought it was great - I was so happy for them (for all the medalists) but the response BTL in the Mail is awful. Rampant homophobia. They've had to moderate the article on Tom and Matty.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
I saw the diving live but wasn't with it enough to realise. Everyone seemed super excited, glad they won. Watched a bit of skateboarding, not a clue what's good or bad.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Great choice of music for the Weightlifting finals today. Live and Let Die, Final Countdown etc.. 😍

Simone Biles time in the Gymnastic.

Have the women's football on and I love how posh this announcer is. He just used the term "UpRooted" for a foul! :D

Last edited:

AnthonyCordova

modulating between criticism and reconstruction
Sineya
I agree! Every time the Olympics roll around, I'm reminded all over again of how exciting handball is! I enjoy watching the women play especially.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Super excited, I always enjoy watching the Olympics. Seeing people from all around the world competing against each other. I've not watched every event, but I've been watching as much as I can. There's some interesting events that I've never watched before. Skateboarding is a new sport this year. As someone who grew up in southern california, big skateboard culture, I was into rollerblading and have been to many skate parks and played a lot of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game (I recently played the new remaster of THPS 1 & 2). So, I was kinda into watching the skateboarding events, I used to watch the old X-Games. But I gotta say, the events are not super interesting, but since it's the first year, maybe the sport will evolve in the future.

I also watched a little bit of archery which was cool. Rugby I've never seen before until now, and what an interesting sport. I don't understand it, but it looks better than American Football. Similarly I caught some of the water polo, which I've never seen before either, and that looks like a crazy sport, it's exhausting just to watch them swim back and forth like that. The first event I watched was men's cycling, and Ecuador won 1st place, by a lot! It was crazy, he was so far ahead he looked back and knew he was going to win.

Watching the Olympics make me feel like I need to work out more. I do my walking but I'm nowhere near in the shape of these people. It's crazy. Also, gymnastics is fun to watch. Also there's been some controversy over the sexist uniforms that women have to wear, which I agree with, those poor beach volleyball players in a bikini, but the men's polo team has to wear a speedo. I did notice the female swimmers weren't wearing a bikini style one piece. so, progress?

Last edited:
AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
I used to love that video game too. I agree about the other sports you discuss too

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
my cousin swims for the US
exclusive footage of his training
tumblr_lpqx7gYOO31qfqcmfo1_500.gif

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
A stupid track *star* for America smoked some marijuana at home and thought if its legal at home it must be legal in the Olympic's, I didn't now smoking made you thick as well.
As she is an Olympic athlete surely she would have known what drugs are not to used to run in the Olympic's.
Now she's complaining about her bad treatment and the CNN news readers support her. Really?

Mr Trick

Scooby
Great performance from Jessica Fox to snatch Gold in Canoe Slalom She now has the compete set. She just beat Mallory Franklyn of GB. Have the Beach Volley ball on now. Quite the specale as always.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
Canada, USA, Australia and Sweden made it to the semi finals in the woman football.
Three out of four from the same group that Sweden won undefeated. Looks good so far.

That's pretty much all that looks good for Sweden so far though...

/SK

Top Bottom