• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

TOP 10 DARLA EPISODES

fauxindigo

Scooby
WELCOME TO THE HELLMOUTH
ANGEL
DARLA
THE TRIAL
DEAR BOY
REPRISE
EPIPHANY
OFFSPRING
LULLABY
INSIDE OUT

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
I love Darla!

Angel
The Prodigal (love her in the flashbacks, it really shows how much of an influence she was on Angel)
Dear Boy
Darla
The Trial
Reunion
Reprise
Epiphany (she's pretty heartbreaking in this episode)
Lullaby (the best Darla episode)
Inside Out

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Yay Darla never gets the appreciation she deserves.

1. Lullaby
2. Reunion
3. Inside Out
4. The Trial
5. Darla
6. To Shanshu in LA
7. Offspring
8. Redefinition
9. Angel
10. Welcome to the Hellmouth

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I am also more than happy to give Darla her due, love both her and Julie Benz, so, so much.

10. Welcome to the Hellmouth. That fake-out in the cold open is still one of the most iconic parts of Buffy to me, so I can't have this list without it.
9. Angel. Discovering her connection to this 'man' we've been slowly seeing was surprising and a great piece of writing from the team. Loved her catholic school girl outfit and going directly after the Slayer's mom, no one else was ever quite that ballsy before or after that. Plus, guns :)
8. Becoming. The flashbacks of Angel's history gave us just enough Darla to leave us wanting more, thank god she was revived on the spin-off ;)
7. Dear Boy. At this point her return was no surprise for the audience, but it was still fun to see what would be the beginning of the end for Angel's sanity, at least for a short while.
6. Darla. The deviousness she was capable of with her soul in place wasn't surprising, in light of the backstory we got, and again, I love flashbacks!
5. The Trial. Angel fighting desperately for something that turns out to be lost to him is bad, but Darla finally accepting that to die a human is better than to live forever as a vampire is even better. Too bad she doesn't get a choice in that :(
4. Inside Out. Her return was so utterly poignant but unfortunately useless in the end. I don't know what the theories on this is, but I feel very much that this was the Powers way of trying to intervene and that Darla was actually there, albeit in spirit form.
3. Lullaby. Her sacrifice says it all. I wanted to add more pregnant!Darla episodes, but in the end this one only made the cut. Those final words can still haunt me at times. "It's the one good thing we ever did together. You make sure and tell him that."
2. Reprise. It's clear that Darla wants things to be as they used to and she'll do everything she can to try and make that happen. That desperation and the acting of Ms. Benz puts this in the right spot on my list.
1. Reunion. Because, in the end, there is only one thing better than evil!Darla, and that's evil!Darla and evil!Dru, going on an evil!Spree!

NileQT87

Billowy Coat, King of Pain
1. Lullaby
2. Darla
3. The Trial
4. The Prodigal
5. Reunion
6. Angel
7. Offspring
8. Dear Boy
9. Inside Out
10. Epiphany

(Note: I'm actually rating this for her specific part in each episode, rather than the episodes as a whole.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom