• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Top 3 Buffyverse couples

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
Exactly. Also add in the fact that Darla wants Angel to be hers again, and it gives Buffy a valid reason to be concerned over Darla hanging around and Angel not minding rather than it just being the current girlfriend is tetchy about the ex being about.
Nah. That still just boils down to two women fighting over a man. Not something I particularly want to see. Even with a redemption storyline for Darla it's just too much angst in one go.

My top couples - in terms of those I enjoyed watching the most - would be:
1.Buffy/Angel
2.Willow/Tara
3.Spike/Drusilla - though they probably tie with Wesley/Lilah and Wesley/Fred (because everything after A Hole in the World broke me a little)

But if we're talking the most significant, it would have to go:
1.Buffy/Angel
2.Buffy/Spike
3.Willow/Tara

Mylie

Scooby
Nah. That still just boils down to two women fighting over a man. Not something I particularly want to see. Even with a redemption storyline for Darla it's just too much angst in one go.
Same! But I'm not a fan of love triangles in general. They're rarely interesting to watch.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I disagree on the two women fighting over a man. Angel would be in love with Buffy so it's not a case of him trying to choose between two women and the women vying for his affections. There is no competition because Angel chooses Buffy. It is Darla who basically won't take no for an answer and wants Angel to be hers again (We're talking AtS vampire Darla). Of course she's going to try and play mind games to split Bangel up, and it's reasonable that Buffy would be concerned by Darla's continued presence around Angel, not because she thinks Angel is going to choose Darla romantically over her but she's concerned that Darla will draw him back into a world he's tried to escape from eg it would be such a Darla thing to capture Angel, makes sure he can't feed so he gets hungry/starving then put a bleeding victim in the same room as him and let his vampiric nature take over. She wants to remind him how great they were together.

Angel and Darla's history is complex so he can't just let her go but he's not in love with her anymore. However, there is the Angelus side of him that does lust after her, but it is not something Angel wants. He feels guilty about having lusty feelings for Darla, he wouldn't act on them because he loves Buffy, but he feel guilty about feeling those feelings.

Same! But I'm not a fan of love triangles in general. They're rarely interesting to watch.
I'm not a fan of love triangles either. However, the Bangel/Dangel one (because I guess it technically is) would just feel natural rather than forced since it's not about who the guy/girl is going to choose to be with, but about how the past can impact the present.

Top Bottom