• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Top 5 Angel episodes

Btvs fan

Scooby
My picks
1) Damage - Such a brilliant episode dark and horrifying at the same time. Also that ending "Once upon a time"
2) Origin - Connor the character has a bad rap but this episode is the opposite of that. Plus Wesley regaining his memories đŸ˜²
3) Shells - I actually prefer this to Hole in the world. Illyria is awesome too
4) Not Fade Away - Let's go to work
5) A Hole in the World - Cavemen v Astronauts is simply brilliant

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
  1. Not Fade Away
  2. Smile Time
  3. Why We Fight
  4. Origin
  5. You're Welcome

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
1 A Hole In The World/Shells (can't separate them, sorry)
2 Lineage
3 Underneath
4 Origin
5 Power Play

Honorable Mentions : Smile Time, Conviction & Soul Purpose

BaskingINBangel

I'm busy basking.......
My favorite season. This is really hard because there are maybe two episodes that I don't love in this season.

As of right now.........
1. Not Fade Away
2. Time Bomb
3. Shells
4. Life of the Party
5. The Girl in Question

vampmogs

Potential
1) Not Fade Away
2) Shells
3) Damage
4) Soul Purpose
5) Conviction

Honourable Mentions: Destiny, A Hole in the World, You're Welcome and Lineage.

katmobile

Scooby
1) Damage - even with some finding this legitimately problematic in its depiction of mental illness I think it's brilliant in its nuance about the line between victims and monsters and the character stuff at the end between the two vamps.
2) Lineage - a great character study of Wes with a great performance by Roy Doctrice as his dad.
3) Smile Time - wee little puppet man - would have been even better if they'd done it to both vamps but that's quibbling.
4) Destiny - always love me some more whirlwind backstory and welcome back Lindsay
5) Hole in the World

HMs - You're Welcome, Hellbound, Origin, Underneath, Not Fade Away, Power Play, Harm's Way

There were a few meh episodes like Unleashed, Life of the Party and Numero Cinco at the start and some like Why We Fight which had good ideas but were underdeveloped. And the abomination which is Girl in Question which is only saved by the Wes/Ilryria stuff but it's mostly great front to back - only really two rivals it.

Tank1978

Scooby
1. A hole in the world
2. Not fade away
3. You're welcome
4. Shells
5. Why we fight

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
1.Smile Time (my former username on here).
2.You're Welcome.
3.The Girl in Question.
4.Why We Fight.
5.Not Fade Away.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
It's so hard to narrow this down to just five, because I love this season of Angel and it has so many great episodes!
  1. Not Fade Away - My favourite Angel episode ever and my favourite series finale, this is a beautiful and brilliant episode, which ends the series on a great note. Love the emphasis on the show's central theme and the Bolivian Army Ending is perfect. I can't sing enough praises for this finale.
  2. You're Welcome - I love Cordy's final send-off and seeing the character return (and return to form). Lindsey coming back is also great, love the call-backs to Doyle and Season 1 and this is the one episode where I actually feel the chemistry between Angel and Cordy and can believe in their romantic connection.
  3. Origin - I can't not have this episode on this list, it kills me! It's amazing to see Connor so well adjusted and chilled out, I love seeing him and Angel get some cute scenes and I love the end scene "I learned that from my father" *breaks down sobbing*
  4. Conviction - I love that this episode mirrors City Of by Angel reaffirming his fight against Wolfram and Hart and how it shows all the characters uneasily adjusting to the change in location. Particularly love the subversion of the opening scene with the W&H team rushing in to get the poor Victim of the Week to sign a privacy disclaimer and take her statement.
  5. Damage - I know this episode can be a little heavy-handed and I still wish it had featured Xander instead of Andrew, but I love that it shows the negative side to the Activation spell and finally sets Spike on the true path to redemption.
Honorable mentions: Hellbound, Power Play, Underneath

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
1. Not Fade Away
2. A Hole in The World
3. Smile Time
4. Damage
5. Shells

Serenityrose

Townie
1. Damage
2. Shells
3. Smile Time
4. A Hole in the World
5. Not Fade Away

HM: Hellbound, You're Welcome, Power Play, Origin, Destiny

Reactions: Bop

Angel6

Potential
Sineya
1. I will remember you
2. The Trial
3. Sanctuary
4. You’re welcome
5. Not fade away.

Oh wait you guys did this just from season 5! The title confused me!

nightshade
nightshade
Season 5 top 5?

Angel6

Potential
Sineya
1. You’re Welcome
2. Not Fade Away
3. Smile time
4. A Hole in the World
5. Origin

Hon mention Destiny: it really shows what a rut that’s Angel is in that Spike beats him for the first time (I think a lot of big Spike fans take the wrong lesson from this and use it against Angel but I understand it’s meant to reflect more on where Angel is psychologically as opposed to showing SpIKe iS bEtTeR).

My most disappointing episode of all time on either show was ‘the girl in question’ I really went into it thinking we would get some resolution to Bangel, and it was a total joke. It’s actually quite a fun episode if you can let the disappointment go.

Top Bottom