• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Top 5 Angel Season 1 Episodes

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
My Top 5 Angel Season 1 Episodes are
1. To Shanshu In LA - Amazing finale. I loved their old offices being blown up, very epic like Graduation Day on BTVS S3.
2. R/M with a Vu - So funny this episode was! Cordelia is really amazing in it. Interesting mystery.
3. Sense & Sensitivity - I'm a huge fan of Kate Lockley and this episode poured heart & emotion into it. Great plot & Kate's character had so many great plot points.
4. Blind Date - Lindsey joining forces with Angel & his members was really an interesting dynamic.
5. I Will Remember You - A heartbreaking but pretty amazing episode.

Honourable mention to : Hero because Doyle's death was one of the saddest moments in the show!

Mylie

Scooby
I'm right in the middle of a season 1 rewatch but from my memory, it goes like this :

1. I Will Remember You : near perfect episode, it always makes me feel a lot.
2. Five By Five : this (and Sanctuary) for me is the moment the show understood what it really wanted to do and was able to execute it well.
3. Sanctuary : same as above + I love how I'm able to understand all sides here. I thought the episode was very well written drama and had a clear purpose.
4. To Shanshu In L.A. : amazing season finale who makes the season feel like it had an arc after all, and it shows some great development/growth for the characters.
5. The Ring : I remember enjoying this a lot, it was a nice concept. Oh and Lilah!

I'm not 100% sure about the fifth. I guess I'll confirm soon-ish.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
5. War Zone - Gunn's introduction is probably my favorite of the show and the episode in and of itself is just very good, full of fun, sad and meaningful moments.
4. The Ring - I never understand why this doesn't get more love; Wes and Cordy are great, but the best parts are when we see Angel start to figure out that the world he lives in may not be what he thought it was.
3. Five By Five/Sanctuary - Faith. Rain. Breakdown. Nough said.
2. City Of... - One of the best TV pilots out there, imo.
1. Hero - Never fails to make me cry and yell and hate JW for taking Doyle from us so soon :(

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
1. I Will Remember You: so much happiness, so much sadness, emotional overload just trying to explain why I like it
2. Parting Gifts: While I liked Doyle and was sad to see him go, this episode just established the Angel / Cordelia / Wesley team so well I fell in love immediately
3. Five by Five: A knockout punch by Faith
4. Sanctuary: Brilliantly constructed, though painful
5. To Shanshu in LA: A good season finale that brings everything together and mirrors Prophecy Girl in interesting ways

spikenbuffy

"Look, it's blood, it's Summers blood. "
1 - In The Dark - Spike is BADASS, Markus scares me
2 - Five By Five - Faith is in L.A, love her in the end of the episode with Angel
3 - To Shanshu To L.A - Great finale with a BADASS end with Lindsay and Angel
4 - Sanctuary - Great episode with Buffy, Faith and Angel, good moments with Wesley too and good to see Faith in the end go to the police
5 - r/m with a VU - I love Cordelia in this episode

HM - I Will remember You, Parting Gifts, Cify Of, Hero

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
City of... - loved the opener, loved Cordy and Angel together again...
IWRY - Bangel love
Hero - I cried for a whole weekend
Five by Five - Bad Faith
Sanctuary - Good Faith (ish)

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Season 1 is the most underrated season. Over half the episodes are just pure gold, and the five below are some of the best of the season:

Sanctuary
Five By Five
To Shanshu In LA
City Of....
The Prodigal

Honorable mentions: Rm w/A VU, Somnambulist, Eternity, Blind Date, Hero, In The Dark, IWRY, Parting Gifts.

BaskingINBangel

"Peanut butter, preferably crunchy!"
1. I Will Remember You - Bangel ❤.....enough said.
2. Sanctuary - So much emotion going on here. It's nice to see Angel, Faith and Buffy together again, even if it's not on the best of terms...love that Faith makes the decision to turn herself in.
3. To Shanshu In LA - An awesome season finale, and that smile on Angel's face when he learns about the prophecy makes me smile.
4. Hero - Gosh I loved Doyle. 💔
5. Rm w/a Vu - Love Cordy's new place and her new roomate.

Last edited:

Btvs fan

Scooby
1 5by5 Just incredible from the flashbacks which are an excellent contrast with the present to Wesley disturbing torture to the incredible ending.

2 Prodigal I just love the Flashbacks

3 Sonambulist The first episode to really focus on Angel as a character rather than victim/monster of the week

4 Blind Date I love this so much more now than when I first saw it.

5 War Games such an underrated episode JAR kills it

Tank1978

Townie
1. I've got you under my skin - always loved the exorcist and thought the twist in this one was really good
2. I will remember you - such an emotional episode and smg/db show their amazing chemistry together
3. To shanshu in L.A.- really enjoyed this finale. First signs of how these headaches are really killing cordy. Love Angel chopping off lindseys hand
4. Five by five /Sanctuary - never a dull moment when faith is around. Really good 2 parter here and felt this was a huge moment for wesleys character by going against the council.
5. Hero - Doyle's heroic death. Completely threw me first time out as I didn't expect a major character to be killed off so soon

Top Bottom