• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Top 5 Angel Season 2 Episodes

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Thanks to @Puppet for reminding me that I skipped S2.

1. Reunion - Darla and Drusilla are so much fun together. I love it + the shock ending where Angel lets the W&H employees die and Angel fires Cordy, Gunn and Wes was great.
2. There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb - I'm a huge fan of the controversial Pylea Arc but I thought it was a great end to a dark but great season.
3. Redefinition - another one of my absolute favs because of the fantastic duo Darla and Drusilla. + Angel setting them on fire :O crazy!
4. Disharmony - I'm a huge fan of Harmony and this episode was so much fun. Her comedic timing was great and I'm happy Angel & Cordelia made up after the events of S2 which led them to a bad place.
5. Dead End - This was a really fun episode and a great way for Lindsey to leave the show until Season 5. Lindsey singing also *swoon*

Mylie

Scooby
1. Are You Now Or Have You Ever Been
2. Darla
3. Reunion
4. Reprise
5. Epiphany

I'm looking forward to my rewatch of this season to see if I changed my mind on this. I love so many episodes from that season!

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
1/2 - Reprise/Epiphany (I can't choose they are both so great and they go together so together they go) - It's just masterful work. I've spoken praises for these episodes elsewhere so I will keep it brief, the episodes capture the complex relationship between Darla and Angel, it shows Angel in his darkest and lowest of places, he is flawed and we see him give up, and then we see him lifted up, find a new purpose and a mission and its wonderful.
3. The Trial - Angel's desperation to save Darla, how closely tied it is with his own redemption, his faith in humanity, Angel's willingness to die to give Darla a second chance, and finally that last moment - the look on Angel's face when he realizes he has failed at saving Darla's soul.
4. AYNOHYEB - I love the look and feel of this episode. Angel looks amazing. I love how this story shapes Angel's disillusionment with trying to fit in with the human world early on, how quickly people turned on him, it helps us understand why he alienated himself for so long.
5. Darla - Darla's back story. A look at Angel's desperate attempt at fitting in in the only family he knew after he regained his soul. And this dialogue which provides us an insight into how precious humanity is to Angel and how Darla cannot stand the burden of her soul:

Darla: "Turn me back. God! I can't bear this pounding in my chest for another instant!"
Angel quietly: "It's gift. - Too feel that heart beat - to know, really and for once, that you're alive. - You're human again, Darla. You know what that means?"
Darla: "Of course I do. It means pain and suffering - and disease and death. - Look, I released you from this world once, I gave you eternal life. Now it's time for you to return the favor."
Angel: "Favor - is that what you think? - You think you did me a favor? - You damned me."

What's that? These are all Tim Minear episodes? Oh yeah it's because he was the best writer on that show! :)

Puppet
Puppet
Very true, after making mine I read the others and realized I forgot about Reprise. Can never get it totally right :D

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
5. Guise Will Be Guise - because it's hilarious, whether it's Wes pretending to be Angel, or Angel with the fake guru :)
4. The Trial - Angel fighting so hard to save Darla, Darla finally realizing the choice she needs to make, and then that ending with Drusilla, just a stellar outing.
3. Dead End - I have the LA Song on my playlist and I cannot listen to it enough times. Beyond that, it's also just a great episode, especially that scene with all the lawyers and Lindsey's evil hand.
2. Reunion - because c'mon.
1. Are You Now or Have You Ever Been - this one was as easy of a choice as Hero for S1. I'm a sucker for flashback episodes and this is one of the best in either show, imo.

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
I feel guilty for not putting GWBG on my list now. I love it so much. Too many good eps this season!

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
1. The Trial
2. Epiphany
3. Reprise
4. Guise Will Be Guise
5. Dear Boy

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
I'm surprise to say that I prefer the funnier episode in this season because they are so rare!

1. Guise Will Be Guise
2. Reprise (althought I am tempted to tie it with Epiphany like @dcai0830 did!)
3. Disharmony
4. Reunion
5. Are You Now or Have You Ever Been

5. Guise Will Be Guise - because it's hilarious, whether it's Wes pretending to be Angel, or Angel with the fake guru :)
4. The Trial - Angel fighting so hard to save Darla, Darla finally realizing the choice she needs to make, and then that ending with Drusilla, just a stellar outing.
3. Dead End - I have the LA Song on my playlist and I cannot listen to it enough times. Beyond that, it's also just a great episode, especially that scene with all the lawyers and Lindsey's evil hand.
2. Reunion - because c'mon.
1. Are You Now or Have You Ever Been - this one was as easy of a choice as Hero for S1. I'm a sucker for flashback episodes and this is one of the best in either show, imo.
Love this!

spikenbuffy

"The big bad is back, and you will aaaggggg"
Okay, I didn't watch ATS as much as BTVS so in my mind for what I remember my list is like that :

1 - Reprise - Sad moments of Angel
2 - Epiphany - Great episode and unforgettable dialogue between Angel & Kate, plus Angel wants to returns to Cordy, Wes and Gunn
3 - Reunion - Love the end (OMG moments for me the first time I saw it, Angel let some people of W&H get slaughtered and Cordy, Wes & Gunn get fired by him, love Darla and Dru.
4 - Guise Will Be Guise - Very funny and unforgettable episode of ATS for me because of Wesley pretending to be Angel, Angel is a little jealous if the attention Wes gets.
5 - Darla - Love the flashbacks of Darla & Angel, Spike & Dru. I also adore the scenes between Darla & Lindsay

HM : Blood Money, Disharmony, The Trial

W

WillowFromBuffy

1. Disharmony
2. Are You Now or Have You Ever Been?
3. Reunion
4. The Trial
5. Darla

BaskingINBangel

"Peanut butter, preferably crunchy!"
This is pretty tough for me as I really really like season 2.

1. Are You Now or Have You Ever Been - Love everything about this episode! Plus, I have a huge obsession with the 1950's. Lol.
2. Reunion - I adore both Darla and Drusilla! Love their shopping spree....girls will be girls.
3. The Trial - Angel.....one of the many examples of why I think he is the true champion and man-pire of the Buffyverse. ❤
4. Darla - I love the episodes with flashbacks, and Darla is one of my favorite characters.
5. Guise Will be Guise - A really fun episode, and Wesley posing as Angel is great!

Btvs fan

Scooby
1 Reunion Dru with a shovel and her and Darla shopping to the incredible double twist at the end with Angel

2 Are You Now Or Have You Ever Been Great look at the 50's and Angel ensouled but before Buffy. The cinematography is almost movie like in this

3 Darla Often over looked due to Fool For Love but again incredible cinematography and that shot of Spike leaping high in the air while Angel is depressed on the ground is so good combined with an epic score

4 Reprise it's all about the elevator ride to hell

5 Dear Boy - This would've been Epiphany except for that cop out line about the lawyers dying anyway - As it is Dear Boy is just as fun

Name the Stars

You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling.
Black Thorn
1. Reunion- because I need my Dru
2. Darla- Amazing backstory! I loved it
3. Are You Now, Or Have You Ever Been- powerful, fascinating episode
4. Guise will be Guise- Funny, creative, all around great
5. Disharmony-Because I love Harmony!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@Name the Stars Anytime multiple members of the (evil) Whirlwind are on screen is a good episode. However I do think the dumbed Dru down a little on Angel, she just seemed more dangerous and lethal on Buffy during Season 2.

Name the Stars
Name the Stars
Agreed. Still love anything I can get, though
B
Btvs fan
I think the opposite. She seemed more like just a plot device on Buffy S2 wheras he and the Shovel beating up Angel is a great moment 😀

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@Btvs fan I mean in general attitude. In Buffy, you could tell that she was equally in charge with Spike. Even if her moods were a little erratic, they worked as a team and she wasn't someone you wanted to piss off. She strode into the library and quickly and efficiently killed Kendra within minutes. In BB&B, Angelus didn't try and fight her when she suddenly "turned" on him over Xander. He told her that "it doesn't amuse" but he back off from trying to kill Xander purely because of her "protecting" him.

On Angel, she is treated as more of a child. Hitting Angel with the shovel was great but once Darla was back as a vampire, Dru was clearly the one following Darla's orders. It wasn't an equal partnership.

Top Bottom