• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Top 5 Angel Season 3 Episodes

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
1. Waiting In The Wings - my fav episode of the whole series. I love the Cangel, I love the ballet & mystery around it. The fight scenes are great + Fred & Gunn are adorable. Such a good episode that I could put on loop over & over again.
2. Tomorrow - my fav Angel season finale and so good. I loved Cordy and Angel finally admitting they're in love with each other + the amazing cliffhanger & half demon Cordy is my fav!
3. Birthday - such a solid episode and Cordelia is so funny as an actress. I love the whole plot of it. Great & well written episode.
4. Lullaby - Darla's death is so heartbreaking. She's so amazing this episode and the whole episode is such a great one.
5. Heartthrob - A great premiere and focuses on Angel's past!

buffy1990
buffy1990
Waiting in the Wings is my favorite in the series as well!!

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
1-Waiting in the wings
2-Tomorrow
3-Sleep Tight
4-Birthday
5-Lullaby

If I had another spot I would also add Billy.

Honorable mention: Carpe Noctem, for that Lilah and "Angel" make-out scene: HOT!

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I like your honorable mention! I think it's hot too.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Honorable mention: Carpe Noctem, for that Lilah and "Angel" make-out scene: HOT!
That was so long overdue. I'm sure the writers got together and were like "Ok we need to get Angel and Lilah to make out - how can we make this happen?" It was pretty freakin' hot! They have some great chemistry.

AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
they were practically snarling. Animal heat

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I like them but I think Weslah has more chemistry don't u think?
Yes, I don't ship Angel with Lilah by any stretch of the imagination. I just think DB and SR look great together in that scene. They are both extremely attractive people. But I think SR and AD have great chemistry as well and I find the Weslah relationship extremely interesting and compelling.
(darn I don't want to double post...)

Last edited:
AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
yup, I agree totally with you

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
1. Lullaby: clear winner, no other episode comes close to the beauty of this one.
2. A New World: amazing introduction to Connor. I love Connor's confusion so much. And Angel trying to get to his son is the sweetest.
3. Benediction: another Tim Minear episode. Very underrated. It's about 100 times better than the finale.
4. Forgiving: for all the scenes of Angel torturing people, plus Lilah.
5. Heartthrob: Angel looks good and there're a lot of sweet or funny moments before the season derails and becomes a parody. Plus, Buffy.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
1. Lullaby- It's fantastic, and makes the rest of the season look disappointing.
2. Forgiving- Heartbreaking, and DB kills it so you really feel what he feels.
3. Sleep Tight- Holtz's best episode, and a tragic turn after so much work to protect Connor.
4. Billy- Cordelia's best episode of the season, and the best motw of season 3.
5. Fredless- The true introduction to my girl is perfect (though we got a taste of her awesomeness in That Old Gang of Mine), plus her parents are so sweet.

The Ferg

Scooby
1. Sleep Tight
Just took so many risks. Not many shows could so expertly weave together so many plot threads and character arcs into one single scene, but Angel does it without even blinking. There's just SO MUCH going on in this episode that has been perfectly built up to.

2. Lullaby
Beautiful send-off to Darla and Julie Benz. One of the most emotionally affecting Angel episodes. Also can't forget the completely badass introduction of Holtz into the present.

3. Tomorrow
Where Lullaby is hopeful and beautiful, Tomorrow is tragic and f***ed up. It was quite a bold choice to end it the way it did.

4. Waiting in the Wings
I'm too tired to keep typing, but this episode is perfect.

5. Fredless
Everything the character needed to move forward, all smashed into one single episode. Talk about utilizing screen-time economy. But seriously, I cry every time Fred breaks down in the bus station.

Honorable Mention: Provider
This episode kind of sucks, compared to the rest of the season, but it was the first episode of Angel I ever watched, and I couldn't have asked for a better introduction to the series (besides City of, I suppose). It's kind of a distillation of everything Angel (the show) is about, when crazy plotlines like vampire babies aren't going on.

spikenbuffy

"Look, it's blood, it's Summers blood. "
1 Sleep Tight - Heartbreaking episode
2 Forgiving - Heartbreaking episode
3 Benediction - I love Angel & Connor in that episode, plus the end is great
4 Lullaby - Heartbreaking episode again
5 The Old Gang Of Mine - I love to see Gunn 's conflict about Angel and his old gang

HM : Heartthrob (for the sad scene between Angel & the vampire), Fredless (I love Fred, she's sweet) Carpe Noctem, Waiting In The Wings, Billy

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I will always maintain that compared to any other season this is slim pickings as far as excellence goes. There's some good here but for the most part its too inconsequential and goofy.

1. Sleep Tight: A gut-punch and the most depressing episode of the season. Also easily the best.
2. Benediction: Angel/Connor, Wesley/Lilah and the fantastic Holtz/Angel scene. His revenge is also pretty fiendish.
3. Loyalty: Great Wesley-centric episode.
4. Waiting In The Wings: Over-rated in the scheme of things but its still entertaining for the setting/baddies if nothing else.
5. Fredless: Amy Acker is terrific. Fred's parents are super-nice. The whole episode subverts expectations nicely.

Honorable Mentions: Heartthrob, Forgiving, Quickening/Lullaby

Puppet
Puppet
I have a really hard time coming up with 5 for this season, definitely :)
Top Bottom