• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Top 5 Season 5 Episodes

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Finished my re watch of Season 5 today so my top 5 episodes are
1. Intervention - I love how Spike is such a hero this episode. He doesn't expose Dawn despite Glory nearly killing him. The Spike and Buffy kiss and scene at the end was beautiful.
2. The Gift - This episode was amazing and with sacrifice, love and more. It really showcases how Buffy has made such a journey to get here.
3. The Body - A well written and amazing episode. This episode teaches us so well how to deal with grief and props to all the actors.
4. Fool For Love - I love learning about the backstory for Spike and it made me love him 10x more and Spuffy really shines through on this one.
5. Family - Tara does really well this episode and the scene at the end always makes me so happy. Knowing that all the characters are family.

Priceless

Scooby
1. The Body - a moving and realistic portrayal of how we deal with death

2. Intervention - Spike is allowed to be heroic, the Bot is wonderful and Buffy shows she feels 'something' for Spike

3. Fool For Love - William is adorable and twee and pompous and romantic and this is why Spike is who he is

4. Crush - Dru, Harmony and Buffy, what a trivector of womanliness, poor Spikey

5. The Gift - I prefer my heroes to stay alive and win, but it is the episode that changes everything

PaulParmar1
PaulParmar1
Crush was my 6th fav :)

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
5. Family - I just love this episode and not only because of the spotlight shone on Tara. The fact that everyone stands together for a girl they barely know and, as mentioned early in the episode, don't understand, was imo very powerful and a message of just how heroic they all were, standing up for the innocent against the monstrous, even when it comes to humans.
4. Fool For Love - Learning Spike's backstory was just so fascinating and is a huge part of why I still love the bleach-blond to this day. It really fleshed him out and made viewers understand more where he was coming from before and in future episodes.
3. Spiral - I fell back in love with this episode after watching it recently, it just has a very epic feel, especially that scene with Buffy on top of the moving RV, and there are great character moments, like Spike and Tara in the RV, and many great humorous moments as well. It's a very good example of what makes BtVS such a great show.
2. The Gift - Second-best season finale of the show for a reason. And, imo, how the entire show should have ended :)
1. The Body - One of the greatest episodes in the entire Buffyverse and probably up there as my all-time favorite along with Hush.

K
katmobile
I hate Spiral sorry

buffy1990

"Every now and then, people surprise you."
1. The Gift
2. Fool for Love
3. Intervention
4. The Body
5. Into the Woods

That was hard. I genuinely love almost all of S5!! My favorite season!

buffyfan86

Townie
The Gift
Family
Checkpoint
Forever
The Body.
SOOOOO many great episodes in season 5 was hard to pick only 5... great season overall.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Here are mine:

1) The Body - By far the superior episode for me and so emotional. We can see that they applied themselves to this one particularly because it is perfect.
2) The Gift - Love this finale and is one of my all time favorite
3) Fool for love - The most intertaining one for me because I am a sucker for backstories and flashbacks.
4) Family - A very necessary Tara centric episode, I wished there had been more.
5) Humm this is not my favorite season so it was hard to choose the last one. I will have to go with Real Me because of the development of Dawn and the entertaining Harmony!

J

joseph

1. The Body - a moving and realistic portrayal of how we deal with death

2. Intervention - Spike is allowed to be heroic, the Bot is wonderful and Buffy shows she feels 'something' for Spike

3. Fool For Love - William is adorable and twee and pompous and romantic and this is why Spike is who he is

4. Crush - Dru, Harmony and Buffy, what a trivector of womanliness, poor Spikey

5. The Gift - I prefer my heroes to stay alive and win, but it is the episode that changes everything
the family my favourite episode of all buffy episodes 2 tough love 3 the body should have won an awards for every cast member esp Sarah & Emma & Aly & Amber.

LilyAnne

I do doodle. You too, you do doodle too.
Season 5 is my favorite season, and these are my top five episodes, in chronological order.

"No Place Like Home" - This is such an underrated episode (Doug Petrie is my favorite writer on Season 5), and it's an important one, too! It is where we all finally learn the truth about Dawn, Glory is introduced, and Buffy demands to know what Spike is doing in five words or less. ;)

"Fool For Love" - Like I said, Doug Petrie. Obviously this episode is phenomenal and is one of the best episodes of the entire series. Especially that sequence where he is monologuing to Buffy as we watch him kill his second slayer. It's mesmerizing.

"Checkpoint" - This one was also 50% written by Doug Petrie (and Jane Espenson). Buffy's takedown of the Watchers Counsel at the end is one of the best scenes ever.

"The Body" - Of course. I sort of wrote a 40+page analysis of Tara in college, so I think my favorite scene (is it sacrilege to pick a favorite scene when talking about this episode?) is the one between she and Buffy at the hospital/morgue.

"The Gift" - And of course. Everything about this episode is great, from the "Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer..." sequence (which I am so upset isn't included on the DVDs) to that iconic final shot. The writers took such a big risk at the beginning of the season, with Dawn, but it really does pay off beautifully, doesn't it?

VCA

If the apocalypse comes, beep me
1. The Gift – Having an older sibling, the final scene between Dawn and Buffy really hit home for me. On top of that, I think this episode shifted the tone of their relationship from just a bunch of petty sibling interactions to Buffy and Dawn both acknowledging their respect and love for each other as sisters.

2. The Body – The audio mixing and editing of this episode are amazing– they do a great job of putting you in Buffy's shoes as she goes into shock and really emphasize that out-of-place sensation when dealing with the death of a loved one.

3. Fool for Love – Flashbacks are my favourite and this episode finally starts giving us a better backstory on Spike's past.

4. Forever – The Angel crossover in this episode is the main reason I love it so much, but I also enjoy seeing Dawn and Spike team up without Buffy's intervention.

5. The Replacement – In terms character development, this episode was a huge leap for Xander. Though it's a pretty comedic episode, we start to see the possibility of a more mature Xander in later seasons. And since we get to see more of his mature personality, it re-establishes his role as one of the show's supporting characters instead of a cheesy sidekick.

Kenty

Townie
1. The Body
2. Fool For Love
3. The Gift
4. Intervention
5. No Place Like Home

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
Staff member
1 - The Gift - My favorite episode of BTVS and favorite finale of BTVS
2 - Fool For Love - Spike's past ( So good to see him in New York, China, Spuffy, Spike and Dru)
3 - No Place Like Home - Great episode, this is the first we see Glory, i love the end of the episode with Buffy and Dawn, plus "out for a walk bitch "
4 - Spiral - Buffy and the scoobies leave Sunnydale with Spike and great fight
5 - The real me - Funny episode, Harmony (she read books) and her minions, plus we see for the first Dawn

I wanted to put The Weight Of The World or Out Of My Mind in the list. But most of the episodes if not all episodes are very good, the fifth season is my 2nd favorite season after season 3.

Black Thorn
5. Blood Ties
4. Forever
3. The Body
2. The Gift - only second because it’s messy plot
1. Fool for Love - fight scenes and flashbacks!!

Top Bottom