• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Top Tens part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Top 10 New Songs in 2021, so far...
  1. Blind Belief, Evanescence
  2. And So It Went, The Pretty Reckless
  3. Lies, The Veronicas
  4. Big, Rita Ora, Imanbek, Guetta & Gunna
  5. Start, Ellie Goulding
  6. Spanish Doors, Liz Phair
  7. Teardrop, Hayley Williams
  8. Ghost, Justin Bieber
  9. Transparent Soul, Willow
  10. Let Me Down Slowly, Trapt
HM:
Godhead, Garbage
Melting, Electric Polar Bears & Paris Hilton
Some of these are my actual current favourites, some others are the ones I think I should give credit to due to the impact they made on the popular music scene. List is not ordered but categorized.

Just as a mere list:
  • CORALINE - Måneskin
  • SHUM - Go_A
  • Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land - MARINA
  • ZITTI E BUONI -Måneskin
  • LA PAURA DEL BUIO - Måneskin
  • good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo
  • Next Level - aespa
  • à perte de vue - Pomme
  • Epilogue - IU
  • Venus Fly Trap - MARINA

1. Songs that I find interesting, are my current favourites and made some impact on their own ways (musically, commercially, or critically):

2. Songs that made quite an impact on their respective popular music scenes (Despite not being my personal favourites, I listen to these songs, find them interesting and try to understand and appreciate what made them successful, from composition and production to performance and marketing):

3. Favourite new songs from my favourite singer-songwriters, which are yet another instance of their creator's authentic style:
You both missed this:

:D

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
Top Ten Reasons Why @DeadlyDuo Should Move To Australia's Outback:

1. Something might eat her face off
  2. A kangaroo will body slam her
  3. A few indigenous people would (hopefully) spear her in the heart several times
  4. Those giant, poisonous spiders would take up residence in her unmentionable areas
  5. Koalas would give her fleas (or vice versa)
  6. See #1
  7. The unbearable heat would melt her skin off
  8. Amber Heard would be her flatmate
  9. They're filming a new episode of Doctor Who there...plus, she's the new Doctor. And joyfully, her two companions are Clara and Kennedy!
  10. I like the thought of her trying to survive there. Or not surviving there. :p

Last edited:
RachM
RachM
A kangaroo would be more likely to kick box her. And nothing is going to eat her face off. Sharks might go for a leg or an arm though!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@Anyanka Bunny Slayer

0MHVb1g_L0qemsdJFqAUcvniwF-v0c3ySk_epOiPKQ130CbKCB-Jj8fjWO0LAfo7KsmU-q8BqSHOK30I56F5kAbatVA2p7zJphOnSRIeeNYBbPJk0R3rXBMGTz6R6VsO9fdEEMw57PE4QuadF4NtpUJOvl6hSv367jU

Just a reminder, there are 12 people on this forum that agree that Bucky looks like he's about to go surfing. :p

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Top Ten Upcoming MCU Projects I'm Most Excited For
  1. Black Widow (Film) - just under a few weeks now!
  2. Thor: Love and Thunder (Film)
  3. Captain America 4 (Film)
  4. Hawkeye (Series)
  5. Spider-Man: No Way Home (Film)
  6. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Film)
  7. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Film)
  8. Eternals (Film)
  9. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Film)
  10. Ironheart (Series)

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Those 12 people were momentarily confused...your overpowering body odor must have paralyzed their brains.

Those 12 people were not under your mind control and were clearly able to see the obvious. :)

Thor: Love and Thunder (Film)

Given that they're bringing Jane Foster back, I'm not sure how this one is going to pan out, and if there is no Loki in it then it will be missing a major factor that helped make the other Thor films more successful than they would've been. I think the Guardians are in it though.

I'm looking forward to the X-Men appearing in the MCU so long as they are done right, however I wouldn't put it past Marvel to use those characters to push an agenda and ruin those movies.

fauxindigo

Scooby
off the top of my head, 10 Fan Fics
  1. Fallen Angels (Btvs s6/AtS s3) Angel & Buffy reunite after her resurrection; she describes heaven to him & he describes hell to her.
  2. Mirror Reflections (Btvs s1) An evil Girls Bathroom mirror convinces a girl to kill herself in the toilet stall; the Scooby gang investigates.
  3. Dead by Dawn (BtVS s5.5/6) With Buffy dead, Dawn takes to patrolling nightly to fight evil like her sister, landing her in serious danger.
  4. Dark Coven (Btvs S 6.5/7) Under the tutelage of Giles & the Devonshire coven in England, Willow rehabilitates but is tempted by Amy and the wanted fugitive Ethan Rayne to embrace chaos on the dark side.
  5. Cruel Summer (Btvs s2.5/3) In L.A., Buffy struggles with demons in her sleep, trying to keep her from waking up. Meanwhile the Scoobies are operating sans Buffy and have to take down a gang of vamps that hunt humans on the beach at night.
  6. Slayer of the World (Btvs s2) Kendra meets her new watcher at the hell mouth in Cleveland but must jet back to the Caribbean to retrieve an artifact in a jungle temple before an apocalyptic demon cult can use it to open a hell mouth in the islands.
  7. Slayers Anonymous (Btvs s7) A group of rebellious potential slayers sneak out to the Bronze & cross paths with a cult of bringers on the way.
  8. Queen Bees (Btvs s1) The senior mean girls humiliate Harmony & Cordelia, look through Buffy & Willow, and try to seduce Angel.
  9. Domesticated Demons (Btvs s7) Xander & Anya get married without a wedding, and experience the whirlwind of a renewed passion and old demons before the looming apocalypse.
  10. New Horizons (Btvs s 7.5/8/AtS S4.5/5) After Sunnydale caves in, Buffy & the survivors forge new pathways with the help of Willow's magic and begin to organize factions of slayers around the world.
which one(s) would you most want to see?

Last edited:

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
Top Ten Television Theme Songs That Should Never EVER Be Heard Again:

1. Jessie
  2. The Big Bang Theory
  3. Sex and the City
  4. Gilmore Girls
  5. Are You Being Served?
  6. Eight is Enough
  7. H.R. Puff 'N Stuff
  8. New Scotland Yard
  9. The Double Deckers
  10. The Brady Bunch

Spanky
Spanky
7 of the 10 I ain't never heard to begin with. I just ain't livin right
Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I love the Gilmore Girls theme song!

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Top Ten Non-Avenger Characters from the MCU
  1. Bucky Barnes
  2. Loki
  3. Korg
  4. JARVIS
  5. Yelena Belova
  6. Darcy Lewis
  7. Sylvie
  8. Nebula
  9. Luis
  10. Helmut Zemo
Honorable Mentions: Pepper Potts. Rocket Racoon. Shuri. Valkyrie. Alexei Shostakov.

Spanky
Spanky
Half of those I have no idea who they are. I just ain't livin right
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
1, 2, and 6 are absolutely BRILLIANT choices! ❤️
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
no FitzSimmons?
Priceless
Priceless
Nebula is my favourite
Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I love Nebula and Darcy. And now I really like Yelena.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I'm looking forward to the X-Men appearing in the MCU ... I wouldn't put it past Marvel to use those characters to push an agenda
Not to go off topic but weren't x-men created to discuss issues such as racism and prejudice of those othered? They were created to push an agenda.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Not to go off topic but weren't x-men created to discuss issues such as racism and prejudice of those othered? They were created to push an agenda.

The "racism" that the X-Men faced was kind of metaphorical/allegorical /whatever the correct word may be in that it wasn't about what colour they were but about what they were ie mutants. It didn't matter if they were black, white, brown or even blue, they were hated because they were mutants so there was a kind of unity in the face of adversity theme going on (a white mutant was hated just as much as a black mutant). Plus just because some humans hated mutants didn't mean all humans hated mutants so there was a not painting people all with the same brush message just because of the actions of some people of a particular group. The racist organisation mob would make it literally about skin colour if they had their way and that's not what X-Men is about.

I don't want to hear Storm bitching and whining about how she has it so much worse than Gambit and Wolverine because she's a black woman whereas they're straight white males. I don't want to hear her saying Gambit is just the worst because he's from the south and white and therefore he must be racist because centuries before he was born some white southerners owned plantations and slaves.

Storm is so much more than the colour of her skin and it would be a discredit to her to make that a chip on her shoulder and her hating on her white male team mates just because they're white men and she's black. Storm is no victim and to turn her into perceiving herself as one just because she's black and it serves an agenda is basically spitting in the character's face.

It's likely Storm will be a "face" of the MCU (in the way that Iron Man and Captain America were) because she ticks the "black" and "woman" boxes of Marvel's "diversity" quota. There's nothing wrong with that in itself so long as Storm is a "face" of the MCU because she's an awesome character (which she is) and not just because she's the "correct" gender and skin colour for Marvel to virtue signal about how "diverse" they are.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
Top Ten Ways To Convince Someone To Do Something You Really Want:

1. Follow them everywhere
2. Invite yourself over to their home
3. Send a note saying, "I'm back on my psych meds!"
4. Sit on their porch for a long time
5. If they're home and NOT answering the door, try to unlock a window or two
6. If they see you and quickly cross the street to get away, scream their name
7. Arrange to have their car "accidentally" damaged
8. When they finally agree to do what you want, thank them
9. Keep the duct tape and chloroform, just in case
10. After they've actually done what you wanted, say, "Whew! That's a relief...now I won't have to sleep with your husband anymore."

Spanky
Spanky
I was on board until #10

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
Priceless
Priceless
Not just one
Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
Not appearing on this list is one of my finer accomplishments. And not because I don't have one.
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Cracked the top three! Nice!
Mr. Pointy
Mr. Pointy
I'm nowhere near that interesting 🤔
Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
Hahaha! Well now everyone knows! I'll have to move it. lol.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Top Ten Scarlett Johansson Roles

1. Charlotte - Lost in Translation
2. Rachel "Birdy" Abundas - The Man Who Wasn't There
3. Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow (MCU)
4. Griet - Girl with a Pearl Earring
5. Samatha (Voice) - Her
6. Major Mila Killian/Motoko Kusanagi - Ghost in the Shell (2017)
7. Nola Rice - Match Point
8. Rebecca Doppelmeyer - Ghost World
9. Lucy - Lucy
10. Cristina - Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Sadly I still haven't watched Under the Skin or Marriage Story. I'm guessing when I do those roles will make the list. So I might edit this when I have.

Priceless
Priceless
I know you disagree, but I find Lost In Translation over rated.
Dogs of Winter
Dogs of Winter
Marriage Story and Under the Skin are both great, and she is fantastic in JoJo Rabbit
Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I've not seen most of these movies, the indie ones, I should check them out.

Mr Trick

Scooby
@Priceless It probably is overrated, but I still think she's excellent in it.

Top Ten Number 2 Franchise Movies

1. Bride of Frankenstein
2. Terminator 2: Judgement Day
3. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
4. Evil Dead 2
5. Child's Play 2
6. Aliens
7. Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior
8. From Russia with Love
9. Toy Story 2
10. Lethal Weapon 2

I'm not including films which are part of a trilogy, otherwise the likes of Empire Strikes Back, Godfather 2 and The Dark Knight would have made it.

Dogs of Winter
Dogs of Winter
I agree with all of those apart from Star Trek 2

Mr Trick

Scooby
Top Ten Number 3 Franchise Movies

1. Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors
2. Goldfinger
3. Friday the 13th Part III
4. Mission Impossible 3
5. Rocky 3
6. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
7. Bill and Ted Face the Music
8. Toy Story 3
9. Final Destination 3
10. Day of the Dead

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
These are great lists!

Dogs of Winter

Potential
The "racism" that the X-Men faced was kind of metaphorical/allegorical /whatever the correct word may be in that it wasn't about what colour they were but about what they were ie mutants.

In the story the discrimination was because they were mutants. But the discrimination against mutants was just an analogy for the types of bigotry that exist in real life such as racism. I have seen interviews with Stan Lee where he said he was trying to push an agenda and specifically mentioned racism

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
  1. Black Widow (Film) - just under a few weeks now!
  2. Thor: Love and Thunder (Film)
  3. Captain America 4 (Film)
  4. Hawkeye (Series)
  5. Spider-Man: No Way Home (Film)
  6. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Film)
  7. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Film)
  8. Eternals (Film)
  9. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Film)
  10. Ironheart (Series)
I'm stealing @Puppet idea. lol. My top ten upcoming MCU projects I'm excited to see now that Black Widow is already out. A lot of these are either in production or have recently wrapped up, so 2022 is going to be a great year of Marvel!
  1. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
  2. Shang-Chi and the Legends of the Ten Rings
  3. Spider-Man No Way Home
  4. Thor Love and Thunder
  5. Ms. Marvel show
  6. The Marvels movie (aka Captain Marvel 2)
  7. Hawkeye show
  8. She-Hulk show
  9. Eternals
  10. Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania

Mr Trick

Scooby
Top Ten 4th film's in a Film Franchise

1. The Muppet Christmas Carol
2. Bride of Chucky
3. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
4. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
5. Mad Max: Fury Road
6. Rocky IV
7. Scream 4
8. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
9. Police Academy 4: Citizen's on Patrol :D
10. Herbie Goes Bananas (loved these films as a kid)

Mentions for: A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master, Evil Dead (2013) (better than it had any right to be), Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (guilty pleasure).

I still haven't seen the 4th Mission Impossible film. Expecting that to make the list when I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom