• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Tri-screen laptop

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
This is pretty cool. I know there are a lot of people here that use laptops and laptops and don't dock them. Thought someone might dig on this.

Transform any laptop to a three screen set-up in seconds

TriBel

Scooby
Looks very nice but my lap-top's balanced on the arm of a big comfy leather chair. I'm a bit stymied until someone invents an armchair with three arms.

"The Xebec Tri-Screen easily boosts your productivity"
Productive isn't really in my repertoire. I couldn't be less productive if some one paid me to be less productive. In fact, I wasn't very productive when I was paid to be productive. What sort of desk is that? Where's the box of tissues, the books, numerous coffee cups, paracetamol, and oversize paper clips that might be useful one day? Why would I want to see what I hadn't done or didn't understand in triplicate? Who are these people?

Last edited:

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
Feels still too small to be good at home and too heavy and clunky for carrying around.
I agree with Buffy Summers. Just get a desktop.

/SK

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Just get a desktop.
But you can't carry a desktop around with you. The tri screen thing is a neat idea but not sure how well it would work. I am just surprised that people support the use of desktops still.

TriBel

Scooby
We used multiple screens linked to laptop/notebooks at work but they were 22? 26? inch screens to compensate for the relatively small screen on the laptops (11/13 in). How many you had depended on how friendly you were with the IT department...or whether you could steal one from an unoccupied office. My friend used three. You wouldn't get that set-up past the University's H&S guys. The screens needs raising to eyelevel.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
But you can't carry a desktop around with you. The tri screen thing is a neat idea but not sure how well it would work. I am just surprised that people support the use of desktops still.
I don't want one, but I also don't want to use multiple screens. If you want a big screen get a big monitor, don't try to shoehorn your laptop into being one. A docking station is a different story.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I also don't want to use multiple screens.
That was a hill I used to die on. Now I am staring at three monitors at work and would never go back to just having one. I just think the technology of that screen thingy was cool.

TriBel

Scooby
It looks so small and dinkie that you should give it a cutsie name. Like 'Bloopie'. Bloopie the computer.
I think it's the computer equivalent of a Bush Baby...or a Mogwai. @Spanky “You do with Mogwai what your society has done with all of nature's gifts! You do not understand! You are not ready"”

Less favourably...Boys Toys.

thetopher
thetopher
Let's hope Bloopie doesn't go evil and become a naughty A.I :)

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
“You do with Mogwai what your society has done with all of nature's gifts! You do not understand! You are not ready"”
I legit got confused thinking what does the kid from Jungle Book have to do with it.

TriBel
TriBel
😏 Shakes head sadly at the semi-illiteracy of the younger generation. The earth is doomed.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
While I dream of Megadesk, it will not be powered by a laptop. Although, to be fair, the last time I used two monitors was for a spreadsheet, which is well within the realm of what a laptop ought to be used for.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I would never go back to a desktop. I can remember having huge blocks of text in a forum response disappear instantly with no hope of recovery because of a minor power glitch. I know you can get uninterruptible power supplies but a laptop handles it all seamlessly. I like the idea of multiple displays but I think it belongs in a docking station, not on a single laptop.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Laptop makes sitting on the bog and posting on Buffy-Boards much easier.

TriBel
TriBel
That's actually fairly sound reasoning.
thetopher
thetopher
Sh*t posting? :P
  • Haha
Reactions: Nix
Top Bottom