• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Tru Calling or Dollhouse

Tru Calling or Doll House

• Tru Calling

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Dollhouse

Votes: 23 69.7%

• Total voters

Wesley Pryce

Angel Investigations
Black Thorn
Eliza Dushku is loved by many Buffyverse fans,myself included :),but which post buffy/angel show did you enjoy most of all? :)

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
While I'm not a Dollhouse hater, I do watch it every now and then, but I really love Tru Calling. I rewatch it a lot more than Dollhouse and I think its a better show. It's nice to see Zach Galifankas in a different role. I remember when this show first aired I was super excited, cuz I'm a huge Eliza fan. I only saw a few episodes when it aired but caught it on SyFy later on. The only thing I hate is the huge cliffhanger it ended on. It got cancelled way too early.

Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
I agree,it was a great show :)

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Tough question.
Tru Calling is undoubtable more watchable for me. Eliza is clearly the star and makes the show worth watching (although I find the premise quite intriguing). It only really gets interesting when they introduce Jack as an antagonist.
Also S2 was shaping up to being really good, delving into the mythos of the show would've been great, but we don't get to see it. :(

Dollhouse feels like more of an ensemble piece, with loads of great characters. It's more difficult to watch, but also I find it much more rewarding. It's witty, mature, mysterious, action-packed. Eliza is great, but so is everybody else involved.
Plus we get an actual ending, so its gotta be Dollhouse for me.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
I picked Dollhouse.

Tru Calling was okay but nothing I got particular excited about.
Not that I think Dollhouse to be that great either but if I would pick one show of the two that I would want to see more of it's Dollhouse.

It only really gets interesting when they introduce Jack as an antagonist.
Personally I thought Tru Calling went downhill rather fast when Jack was introduced.
Think that has more to do with Jason Priestley's portray than the character in itself though...

/SK

white avenger

white avenger
I liked both series, but I think that "Tru Calling" was never allowed to develop the way that it should have. If it had had more time, even just the two full seasons that "Dollhouse" did, I think that it would have been better. In the end, "Tru Calling" ended in what I consider to be a cliffhanger, and I hate series that do that.

Faith

Bite Me!
Staff member
Black Thorn
I enjoyed them both when I watched them for the first time but unline Buffy/Angel/Firefly I just can't go back and watch them. I have tried on several occasions but they just don't seem to hold my interst. I find they are lacking the same spark as the others have.

JCoatsworth

UP THE IRONS!
Black Thorn
I recently watched a few episodes of Dollhouse. Love it.
But I need to watch Tru Calling.

Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
I've watched all of tru calling and haven't watched much of Dollhouse,so im in a pretty similar boat :)

JCoatsworth

UP THE IRONS!
Black Thorn
[MENTION=12570]Wesley Pryce[/MENTION] agrees:
I've watched all of tru calling and haven't watched much of Dollhouse,so im in a pretty similar boat
I own both seasons of Dollhouse on DVD, but it's been a while since I've watched them. Now, re-watching the show, I remember why I bought them. I think the show is excellent. I really recommend watching it all. But it might take a while until the show really gets going. I don't know how much you've seen.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
While I enjoyed both of them, I voted for Dollhouse since it had a chance to put an 'finale' episode that finishes it up (even thought it was only 2 seasons...).

Unlike Dollhouse, Tru Calling ended with a cliffhanger-it was obvious from the supposed finale episode that the writers didn't know at the time of writing that it would be the final episode.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I liked Tru Calling more than Dollhouse . Tru Calling was more Eliza while Dollhouse was more of a ensemble & had a number of
twists . The only thing that I really hated about Tru Calling was that they left us hanging .

Dollhouse. Because it was clearly ahead of its time.
Tru Calling seemed very generic to me, fun, but it didn't stand out from a lot of other supernatural genre shows.

Eliza, Joss and Tim should've done FtVS for a couple of seasons instead.

ChaseRules

Sineya
That would have been nice . Very nice but I thought Tru Calling was a good second choice . And the reason I didn't pick Dollhouse was because it was a bit
confushing to me at times . Still loved it thought :D

Mr Trick

Scooby
I liked Tru Calling. It got better as it went along, and got really addictive and well written from about the 7th episode onwards. Just a shame about the ending.

Until I've seen all of Dollhouse I will not be voting.:D

ChaseRules

Sineya
I know so for me the first season is the best because of the way they did the final episode.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Tru Calling . At least with Dollhouse we had a final episode .

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I was honestly surprised that Dollhouse didn't win in a landslide :p

I really like Tru Calling (and am now considering a 3rd rewatch, hmm) but it was nothing compared to Dollhouse. TC was a fun (sci-fi? fantasy? both?) show, in the same vein as Charmed, but Dollhouse makes you think (makes your brain hurt, even) and, as @Iwearthecheese said, it was ahead of its time and, in some ways, it still very much is. For me, there is no doubt; TC is enjoyable, but Dollhouse is the far superior show.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I did vote Dollhouse, but did really enjoy Tru Calling too, and there was something about the case of the week structure I enjoyed about that, plus it was just a really smart concept.

I see where @Buffy Summers is coming from that the re-watch value is a bit higher with TC.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
I like Dollhouse better but I really loved Tru Calling too and I miss it. I haven't seen it in so long. I only remembered it after it being mentioned on the boards. As I type this I'm going to Amazon to buy the show:D

Top Bottom