• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Tru Calling

Have you watched it?

• Yes

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Have you watched Tru Calling? Did you enjoy it? I picked it up on dvd at the charity shop, so considering rewatching it soon.

Priceless

Scooby
I've seen a few episodes. It's a soapy procedural, nothing special but not terrible either. If you're self-isolating with little else to do, I'd watch it.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Yes, although it's been years. From what I remember - my last re-watch was at least 5 years ago, if not more - the show was good. S1 especially. And I remember that I was shocked to see a pre-fame Zach Galifianakis in a main supporting role, looking rather cute :D

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
pretty much the same for me. It was weird seeing Zach in this kind of role.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
It was a good show with Eliza Dushku, Matt Boomer and Jason Priestley are also there, season 1 was good and season 2 ended with a cliffhanger (still pissed about that 5 years later).

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I remember watching Tru Calling on SyFy channel like 10 years ago, I remember when it first aired but never really watching it. So i caught it later on SyFy and enjoyed it, then did a full watch through about 5-6 years ago. I like Tru Calling, big Eliza fan, it's a fine mystery/supernatural procedure show.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
I loved Tru Calling. The premise was interesting and worked for a Story-of-the-Week formula. That being said, I really liked how the latter half of Season 1 and all of Season 2 started to build a pretty solid mythology around the show and I still wish the show had been allowed to continue, especially after finding out how the rest of the series would have unfolded and how it would have ended.

white avenger

white avenger
I liked the show, but I didn't like the semi-cliffhanger way that the abbreviated 2nd season ended. It was set up for what could have been a really interesting story line concerning Tru, who actually tried to save people, and the other faction, whose goal was to "preserve fate" by making sure that they stayed dead. They established that Tru's mother had actually had the same gift, that her father was secretly a member the opposing faction, and was most likely responsible for her death, and that he was allied with the current opposing agent, and then...nothing. An even worse series ending than "Angel."

Maybe Joss was trying to pitch the series to another network, like he did with "Buffy" after Season 5, when the WB dropped it, and just couldn't pull it off. Otherwise, such an ending for a series is, in my opinion, just pure intentional disrespect for his viewers.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
It's been a long time now but yer I watched it and loved it :D

Mr Trick

Scooby
It takes about six episodes to get going, but once it does its very enjoyable with a good concept and characters. Could've been even better if not cut short before its prime.

Top Bottom