• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Turok-Han: how many in the final battle?

How many Turok-Han (ubervamps) do you think there were in the final battle in 'Chosen'?

• 55,001 - 80,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80,001 - 105,000

• 105,001 - 130,000

• > 130,000

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SarahJR3

Townie
How many Turok-Han were there supposed to be in the final battle? Has Joss Whedon ever commented on this?

Cohen

Hellhound
Yeah, still not sure how I feel about the amulet saving the day...
Personally, I feel like it was a cheesy way to end the series. Also, I didn't like the Turok-Han army. I felt like it negated the power of the Turok Han from the middle of the season. And then the fact that they were so easily killed after Anya stated in an earlier episode "its like ramming a stake through a cement wall". I felt like the writers were building to something grand but they wasted so much time with the Potentials storyline, everything fell flat. Especially with the Turok Han army. Also I'm still mad that Amanda died.

Stake fodder

Soulless
I haven't counted them myself lol, and I don't know Whedon's opinion, but it seems like only so many could be contained in that cave, so I voted <5000. I thought it was a mistake to have so many, especially as the more there were, the less powerful and threatening they seemed to become. And where would so many even come from, when it took finding a seal and spilling a lot of blood on it to get even one?

I also agree that the writers lost interest in the whole concept of the Turok Han along the way in S7.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I voted for under 5000 because any cavern that could hold more than that would have collapsed with normal California earthquake / tectonic movement.

T
thrasherpix
I presume it's in another dimension, not California, like how the slaves in s3e1: Anne had a pool that led to somewhere not even remotely near Los Angeles.

SarahJR3

Townie
I voted for under 5000 because any cavern that could hold more than that would have collapsed with normal California earthquake / tectonic movement.
I like your thought process to tackle the problem. However, the largest known cave in the world (by volume), Son Doong in Vietnam (a country that also has a lot of seismic activity), is about 40 million cubic metres in volume - and about 9km in length with a max depth of 150m. You could fit a lot of Turok-Han in a cave like that... Happy to be corrected, though.

WillowsFaith

Potential
Honestly didn’t look like that much. Probably 10,000 max. Also they went out like scrubs. A better ending would be Willow and Buffy side by side, fighting together. The potentials could barely take one down a episode earlier, and now they are fighting hundreds together? It makes no sense. Should’ve just given Buffy and willow a final power up to end it. Like imagine how epic it would be to see Buffy rushing in, avengers Endgame Style. Staking ubervamps, while willow uses projectile magic. Spike and the amulet was not needed and ruined the female power of the show. Essential a male vampire saved the day, and not Buffy. The main heroine of the story🙄

Top Bottom