• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

TV stars with the most hit series

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
from TVlines list David Boreanaz comes in at #2 they say:

THE BIGGIES: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997-2003) > Angel (1999-2004) > Bones (2005-17) > SEAL Team (2017-present)

FUN FACT: The 16-month stretch between Angel‘s May 2004 series finale and Bones‘ Sept. 2005 launch represents the longest period of time TV has been without a hit series starring Boreanaz in the past 24 years.

That's pretty remarkable really, being in starring roles on various TV shows for the last 24 years.

Stake fodder

Soulless
DB has definitely had a steady career, but this list is alphabetical, so not sure he's #2 in how much work he's had. I see Nathan Fillion is listed, too:

THE BIGGIES: One Life to Live (1994-97) > Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place (1998-2001) > Firefly (2002-03) > Castle (2009-16) > The Rookie (2018-present)
FUN FACT: Despite his primetime success, Fillion never shunned his daytime roots. To wit: He returned to OLTL in 2007, reprising his role as Joey Buchanan for the funeral of onscreen grandpa Asa Buchanan.

burrunjor

Scooby
Amazing. I always thought DB was a great actor. The changeover from Angel to Angelus alone showed his versatility. (Though he can't do accents to save his life LOL.)

I'm amazed DB and Nathan Fillion have never been in anything together (apart from one tiny scene in Buffy.)

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Wow, that's pretty impressive!

Lol, me reading that list not sure why I love Regina King when I don't watch her shows, then remember that I love her because of the little gem that is Hilary Duff's "A Cinderella Story", lol.

Btvs fan

Scooby
He really commits when he takes a role. It's great that he's kept working for so long and in main roles in popular shows.

Yes and no. He basically plays the same role so it's hardly challenging in terms of versatility and he's got the great look for the Action hero star, which studios love.
To be fair to him, he knows his limits and strengths and plays to them. Put it this way your never gonna see him in a Shakespeare movie like Keanu was because he knows he wouldn't be right for it..

Priceless

Scooby
Yes and no. He basically plays the same role so it's hardly challenging in terms of versatility and he's got the great look for the Action hero star, which studios love.
To be fair to him, he knows his limits and strengths and plays to them. Put it this way your never gonna see him in a Shakespeare movie like Keanu was because he knows he wouldn't be right for it..
I agree that DB sticks within a certain type of role, but I would love to see him break out and do something different. Hopefully, as he gets older, he'll try other roles and we might see him do Shakespeare yet.

WillowsFaith

Potential
David has had a great tv acting career. That’s so long…. Use to watch bones when I was younger. And of course Buffy and Angel.

cookieanalogy

Townie
Obviously I've seen Buffy & Angel, I also watched most of Bones and I recently started SEAL Team but I've decided to stop after the 2nd season... not my cup of tea :s

Antho
Antho
Seal team is not for me either

Antho

Scooby
Unpopular opinion : if one day a reboot of Buffy is on TV, I can picture David playing a Giles type of role. I’m serious I can imagine him playing a watcher 😉

Stake fodder
Stake fodder
I can, too, though no one would be surprised at him having athletic skills, whereas Giles beating someone up was always unexpected!

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I've said it before, DB is good at playing your standard action-tough guy part but with added (and understated) layers of emotional vulnerability. I think the character of Angel set him very well for his future career and, although I really didn't care for Booth (or Bones in particular), Jason Hayes is a pretty interesting character-study.

David is either very lucky or is good at picking TV scripts that will come successful shows.

Top Bottom