• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Ukraine situation (non politics)

Hunga Munga

Scooby
The war has entered a rough stage . I can't even look anymore . Tactically Ukraine are on the ropes . If they keep fighting fullbore , this is gonna get nasty . I like military history .....50 years later . Not so interesting when the blood is still warm . :(

Just hope for a humanitarian corridor . Russians haven't bought food for civilians with them .

I reckon it's getting clearer that Putin's ambitions extend beyond Ukraine .

Plasma

Not Lurking, Standing About. Whole different vibe.
Staff member
@famicommander Very nice to finally see someone actually doing something within their medium to try and help, even a little bit.

All these theater chains and production companies saying that they won’t release a movie or tv show in Russia is so scummy and pathetic in comparison, especially when the reasoning is likely more financial than humanitarian.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I think things worldwide are about to get worse, the long terms effects of this war with be felt especially for those countries that have a lot of imports from Ukraine, like the Northern African countries that get a lot of wheat from Ukraine.
Energy prices are just about to rise dramatically here, 50% increase, and come October its going to be going up again and what's happening now will affect that increase later in the year.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Sadly that price rise was likely anyway . Now we're in uncharted territory . My (business) electric has doubled in 18 months and I suspect it'll go up again next few weeks . I'm burning wood all summer apparently :p . It's either that or move somewhere more affordable .

I think we're due a market crash . Frankly I think it's worth the pain to derail Putin . I remember the Soviet Union . It sucked bigtime :D .

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Hopefully Russia's (Putin's) claim will end soon
What will happen when it ends? What will happen to Putin should he lose?
Will the KGB be removed, will Putin's cronies be removed?
Will the world give him and/or them ten years to life?
Will his grave be in unblessed ground?
Will he get the death penalty and I do mean an actual death penalty?
Does he deserve parole?

Hunga Munga

Scooby
I don't think it's fair to daub Russia with the Putin brush .

Short of assassination or a military coup , I don't see Putin facing consequences . Nor do I see the basic oppressive structure of ex Soviet institutions toppling anytime soon. Whatever happens there will still be gulags and a secret police ...and they'll still have the usual suspects in charge .

I don't see him backing down either . I do suspect WW3 is coming soon ... Putin might accept a partition and naval gains ....but I wouldn't give him a damn thing . He speaks in bad faith . You don't reward bullys . If we've got to fight him , let's get on with it :(.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
They turned off Russian Netflix . No Stranger Things season 4 for them :p .

Amazed how far sanctions have gone . I would not be surprised if Putin drops a satellite or something in retaliation .

If anything the senseless slaughter this week has hardened my heart to do what's necessary to prevail . It seems like we're racing back 30 years of progress overnight . But if that's the cost of finishing this unpleasant business ....

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
So how is Vladimir (the impaler) Putin? Or as he has been referred to as Adolf Putin Hitler.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Forgetting everything else I think we can all agree Chelsea being frozen is amusing.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Bene Gesserit
Black Thorn
Amazed how far sanctions have gone . I would not be surprised if Putin drops a satellite or something in retaliation .

Recently, Putin (or one of his associates) vaguely threatened something along the lines of the Space Station suddenly falling on one of the western countries. I don't know WHY that made me laugh. I mean, it's childish and terrifying at the same time.

If you don't get out of our business, we'll drop the Space Station on you.

Cohen

Hellhound
Recently, Putin (or one of his associates) vaguely threatened something along the lines of the Space Station suddenly falling on one of the western countries. I don't know WHY that made me laugh. I mean, it's childish and terrifying at the same time.

That is so juvenile. Like I imagine him in his baby diaper and a rattle. Throwing a tantrum. But CAN YOU IMAGINE going about your day, having coffee at your favorite shop, and suddenly the sky gets darker and darker until you realize a FLAMING space station is coming down on you??

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Bene Gesserit
Black Thorn
That is so juvenile. Like I imagine him in his baby diaper and a rattle. Throwing a tantrum. But CAN YOU IMAGINE going about your day, having coffee at your favorite shop, and suddenly the sky gets darker and darker until you realize a FLAMING space station is coming down on you??

Yeah, a flaming space station falling on me would be extraordinarily inconvenient. 😋

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
You could have the makings of a story that parallels "Dead Like Me" but maybe without the supernatural abilities. Getting hit by a flaming toilet seat could just ruin your day.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Hmm, now there's a thing, toilet seats on fire .. .. ..

Plasma

Not Lurking, Standing About. Whole different vibe.
Staff member

This is just hilarious. It’s like Putin and co. are taking pointers from Dr. Evil and his cronies.

83QZ.gif

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Bene Gesserit
Black Thorn
This is just hilarious. It’s like Putin and co. are taking pointers from Dr. Evil and his cronies.

83QZ.gif
I know! 😅 Exactly!

"You Capitalistic swine, we will drop space station on your overfed, grinning faces in the name of Mother Russia! Kneel before Zod our beloved leader, Czar Vladimir! We fart in your general direction...!"

Stake fodder

What about my me?
I love how Putin can't get his own troops going in the right direction, but he thinks he can drop a space station right where he wants it.

Threats like this worry me, though, because the pettier he gets, the more humiliated he is clearly feeling, and therefore the more dangerous.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Bene Gesserit
Black Thorn
I love how Putin can't get his own troops going in the right direction, but he thinks he can drop a space station right where he wants it.

Threats like this worry me, though, because the pettier he gets, the more humiliated he is clearly feeling, and therefore the more dangerous.

Its a matter of pride and power for him. I truly think he'd use nukes if pushed too far. I mean, I would! Fire pretty. 🔥

Top Bottom