• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Ultimate Spuffy episode

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
I want to be creative and say The Gift or Afterlife, because those really display the bond and how they’ve grown to trust and care for each other. But purely for their love, it’s gotta be Touched.

debbicles

Music is what makes life amazing
Something Blue was pure comedy gold. I always thought the electricity between Buffy and Spike had been apparent since the moment they first met, but that episode fully exploited it. And if I'm not hallucinating, I think the spell breaks a nanosecond earlier for him than for Buffy. He seems genuinely glad to see her on top of him and afterwards is just faking the disgust? Or is this just wishful on my part?

As for Intervention, I could watch that on a loop. Every part of it is brilliant.
And as for Dead Things, actually my favourite bit is where they have that utterly adorable conversation under that rather sumptuous rug. Until Spike opens his big gob and spoils it all. And later in the crypt then the fight scenes, highly charged and vertigo-inducing.

Afterlife is so moving even though it is quite subtle and low-key. That look of awe and shock as he realises it's the real Buffy, not the Bot, then as he tenderly looks after her hands.
And Touched, at last she shows she cares for his opinion. At last.

SunnydaleGlitz

Potential
Sineya
Smashed, Wrecked, Crush are my favourite Spuffy episodes just coz they reflect who they are: they're both so passionate.
(I know I know...but I loved Wuthering Heights growing up, and there's something Heathcliffy and Catherine Earnshaw-like about them in those :p)

Otherwise: Dead Things, Touched, Afterlife, The Gift, Intervention, Hell's Bells and First Date (in the last two, even though they're not together - they want to be and are so respectful of each other.)

For most romantic, Afterlife, followed by Touched.

PaulParmar1
PaulParmar1
Love these choices

debbicles

Music is what makes life amazing
Hey how could I forget the Smashed trilogy? Buffy trying to deny her passions - big grin! Did it work?
But yes Chosen should really be up there too, even if Spike either didn't believe her or said it to get her to go up to her world.
Smashed, Wrecked, Crush are my favourite Spuffy episodes just coz they reflect who they are: they're both so passionate.
(I know I know...but I loved Wuthering Heights growing up, and there's something Heathcliffy and Catherine Earnshaw-like about them in those :p)

Otherwise: Dead Things, Touched, Afterlife, The Gift, Intervention, Hell's Bells and First Date (in the last two, even though they're not together - they want to be and are so respectful of each other.)

For most romantic, Afterlife, followed by Touched.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Hey how could I forget the Smashed trilogy? Buffy trying to deny her passions - big grin! Did it work?
But yes Chosen should really be up there too, even if Spike either didn't believe her or said it to get her to go up to her world.
Loved the Smashed trilogy!
It was amazing!
Another episode that should be up there is Once More With Feeling!

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Some other episodes we haven't mentioned are Showtime, Lessons, Beneath You, Sleeper, Lies My Parents Told Me, Crush, Fool For Love, Doublemeat Palace .

SunnydaleGlitz
SunnydaleGlitz
Great choices! I mentioned Crush but forgot to mention I like Gone too. I like the Spuffy intimacy and Spike wanting a visible committed Buffy ..shows how much he needs/ loves her! <3

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Touched is just Spuffy at his fines!!! I'll try to be creative and choose one for every season Spike is there!

Season 2: Becoming part 1 because you can see the chemistry between the 2 actors.
Season 3: Not much there...
Season 4: Something Blue obviously!
Season 5: It's hard to choose between The Gift and Intervention but I will go with the second one for the genuine kiss.
Season 6: So much choice...Smashed because this is where things really started!
Season 7: Touched!

PaulParmar1
PaulParmar1
I would agree with all of these!!!
SunnydaleGlitz
SunnydaleGlitz
Great overview/ summary!
Top Bottom