• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Unconventional Fanfic 'ships

Altoz

Potential
Buffy/Lindsay ... he becomes Angel's equal and falls for the woman he loved.
Dru/Wesley ... think about it

Evil Xander/Lindsay ... after he kills Oz, Xander ends up at Wolfram and Hart, and meets a certain Oklahoma lawyer guy...
Evil Xander/Lilah ...whom he abandons for a more appropriate partner of his own morality class

Vamp Xander/Vamp Andrew ...what happens to the Trio in the Wishverse AU? Andrew def wants to get turned, and Warren is the main course for his betrayal.

Vamp Xander/Amy .... and this is why the Wishverse AU has been altered. Amy Madison for Big Bad!

Altoz

Potential
This is what made me think seriously about Dru/Wes shipping: Evanescence/.Amy Lee's "My Immortal". Imagine Amy as Dru, and the guy here as Wes. It works for me. Amy even looks and dresses like Dru in this one. And the guy is dressed in a casual formal style, but wandering around lost, amidst tall shadowy buildings. Some of "My Immortal" definitely sounds like a Wes interior monologue at points, or Dru reflecting on her relationship with Spike. I so wish I had the resources to do a Dru/Wes AU fanvid cover of this song:

Altoz

Potential
As you'll have gathered, I'm definitely an Evanescence fan. This one, "Everybody's Fool", has always seemed to be about Buffy for me, particularly the lost and self-doubting phase she went through in Season 6. Also, "Slayer Interrupted" in Season 7 strongly ties into this meme. After losing Joyce and Riley, and getting into an inappropriate relationship with Spike, Buffy began to question her self-worth and motivation. Hence, this song:

Altoz

Potential
This is another song about self-doubt, but it's also about breaking old habits, coming to decisive choices and making new beginnings. It's probably where my AU conception of Lindsay MacDonald diverges from the canon version. Rather than being on the make for himself, my version of Lindsay gave Los Angeles a wide berth and never met up with Angel/us again. One night, in Las Vegas, at a certain bar run by a certain green-skinned Pylean, something else happened that set his life on a new track:

Altoz

Potential
All set against this backdrop. To me, even though it came along after I'd written my AU Season 7, "Requiem for a Dream" is very evocative of a fast-approaching apocalypse in which old relationships and alliances will sunder, lives will be lost, but fortitude, strength and determination will prevail as the Scoobies arise, to insure that the final battle against the First Evil ends with unity, empathy, justice and compassion on the side of morality against the ultimate threat:

Altoz

Potential
This one's an oldie but goodie- Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart". It's what happens when an old relationship ends and a new one begins, because someone takes a chance. Probably due to the physicality of the male bodies in this one, I tend to associate it with Oz and his wolfside. Because our favourite werewolf is motivated to change, due to his unfortunate circumstances and the fierce desire to protect the people he loves from it. And the physicality and ardour ends in a quiet place, because Oz has found that inner peace:

Altoz

Potential
Several years ago, I wrote a Vamp Xander/Vamp Andrew fanfic called "The Seduction of Andrew Wells" Getting profoundly annoyed with all the closetry and subtle clues to Andy's gay identity, I decided to write a Wishverse story in which Andrew actively seeks out his desire, meets a certain couple of Sunnydale vampires in that alternate world where Buffy was delayed en route to Sunnydale and so he gets turned by Vamp Xander, whereupon they have Warren for dinner (and good riddance too!). (Vamp) Andrew decides to take a gamble, come out, end his human existence and come out as someone and something very different. This is what started me thinking along those lines- Roxy Music's "More Than This.":

Altoz

Potential
This was playing in the background when I wrote the AU Season 7 showdown between Angelus, Buffy and Lindsay at the Hyperion. After Willow's Kalderash spells returns his soul to him...but only for one final time... Angel reflects on his relationship with Buffy and his antagonism with the new men in her life. It's also about the broken friendship with Lindsay and why he regrets damaging that as Angelus after recently trying to kill both of them at peak battle. As the song comes to an end, Angel realises what he has to do, if the two people he's closest to in this world are to have any hope of future peace...: Roxy Music again, "Jealous Guy":

Altoz

Potential
It's a cold night in an elegant old European capital, and newly minted Watchers Field Agent Douglas Mercer is with his mentor Rupert Giles on a mission to track down and frustrate the plans and machinations of a certain vampire couple. Giles and Doug stroll past the mannered opulent facades of the city at night, and then one of them catches sight of Spike and Dru. Given that Doug has some bad personal history with Spike, he wants to settle the score with him and pursuit is underway. As the song picks up pace, Spike becomes aware that Doug is not the weak vulnerable rent boy he almost battered to death in Wellington, and has become a powerful wiccan warrior in his own right. But while Doug pursues Spike with deadly intent, his lack of experience in the field means he only cripples Spike - and that old injury flared up when the church organ fell on him later on when he was back in the United States. So...Ultravox, Vienna:

Altoz

Potential
Here's the soundtrack to the AU fanfic I wrote when I mused what an evil Xander might be like. In this sequence of events, Xander actually kills Oz and gets banished to Los Angeles, receiving the kiss from a dying Doyle that was meant for Cordelia. Unfortunately, his newly accquired power of precognition corrupts him instead and he decides to seek out Wolfram and Hart. Deciding to experiment, he seduces Lindsay and then betrays him. In this version of Angel, things turn dark for Angel Investigations, as Cordelia and Wesley are killed. Angel turns dark and introspective, while Xander, now Lindsay's PA, recognises kindred darkness in Lilah and ends up in bed with her. Xander Harris has everything he wants, power, his own paranormal abilities and a close personal relationship. Even better, he's bettered his old frenemy Angel. Sounds all very LA film noir, doesn't it? Imagine a world-weary, corrupted cynical Xander speaking these words. So here's the song: Dire Straits: "Private Investigations":

Altoz

Potential
This is the one that inspired me to start a AU Angel Season 4 fanfiction storyline where Wesley Wyndham-Price became completely dark, He knows he's taken a wrong turn in his life, but abandoned by his friends in a dark city, Wesley makes one mistake after another. However, to his surprise and confusion, he starts to find the darkness appealing to him and soon his fate is set. He's no longer the strait-laced, inexperienced and innocent former Watcher that he was at the beginning, but he can see no way out of his dead-end course. Which leads him to his death and resurrection at the hands of Drusilla: Chris Rea, "The Road to Hell":

Altoz

Potential
When I first heard U2's "Beautiful Day", it suddenly struck me how perfectly it fits Oz- his global wanderings after he left Willow and Sunnydale in that panel van of his. He's been around the world, and reminisces about Willow and what she means/meant to him. In travelling the world, Oz found new inspirations and experiences, and eventually returned to Sunnydale regardless. But even in a new relationship with someone he loves, he wonders, will it last? And in that town near the Hellmouth, will things work out properly this time? Because another traveller, Gib Cain, has returned to Sunnydale, and he means no good for Oz, the new person he loves, and an innocent child...: U2 Beautiful Day:

Altoz

Potential
Finally, what's it like to be mad and immortal? Danny Jules' "Mad World" captures perfectly what it must be like for Drusilla, trapped in an eternal meaningless world where she leads a chaotic, meaningless, senseless life where the traditional values she once lived her life by were ripped from her by Angelus. I can easily picture this as Dru's inner monologue:

Altoz

Potential
This one started me along the track that led to a Lindsay/Buffy ship at the end of it. In Robbie Williams' "Feel", an Alberta cowboy is musing about his life and its purpose. This version of Lindsay MacDonald has been given a new purpose in life and sudden power as an Immortal after a battle outside Las Vegas. His destiny and direction have changed, and after a run-in with Price and Dru. Lindsay ends up in Sunnydale where he intervenes in a battle between the Scoobies and vampires, saving Buffy's life. A bond starts to form between the two of them, as Lindsay sets up a community law centre which is a far cry from his high-flier days at Wolfram and Hart. There are regular intersections between Buffy and Lindsay outside working (night) hours- and given that Lindsay's an Oklahoma farm boy at heart, of course they involve horse riding. For the first time since Darla rejected him, Lindsay starts to feel fully alive again. And so does Buffy, for the first time since losing Xander, Spike and Giles one hideous evening several months ago. One thing leads to another, and one evening, over a coffee, they reminisce about what Angel and Darla meant to them. Buffy makes the first move and the colleagues become a couple...:

Altoz

Potential
My Buffy Season 7 involves some major changes in the lives of the Scoobies. Xander, Spike and Giles aren't there any more. Lindsay becomes suddenly empowered and finds himself in the daylight, and starting a new relationship with Buffy. Buffy has to live with what she did during her dark phase, but there's a new man in her life as well- Lindsay. Willow and Tara enter an unexpected but welcome phase of their relationship after the last year of turmoil after Willow finally leaves her darkside behind for good. On the other side of the ledger, an embittered mortally wounded Wes completes his reciprocal dark metamorphosis after Dru turns him and he starts an unexpectedly close relationship with her. Dru changes as well, forming new significant relationships and leaving her madness behind, little by little, and now she has a daughter to fight alongside her as well as a new partner. As the last survivor of the Trio, Jonathan Levinson also has to cope with the consequences of the Scoobies descent into hell at the end of last year and his responsibility for not stopping Warren and Andrew before they went out of control and started an inexorable process of murder and mayhem that claimed three lives as well as their own, at the end. As for Dawn. a growing bond starts to develop between the older former greysider and Buffy's younger sister...

As for our new characters, Doug Mercer may be a wiccan warrior, but he wasn't always on the straight and narrow and knows what the darkness is like. But he's sworn to serve and protect Buffy and the others, even if he paradoxically feels inferior to the late Xander Harris, whose courage and fearlessness he respects, even if he never met him before his untimely death. Tnen Oz returns to Sunnydale, in full control of his wolfside, and making radically different choices about relationships. For the first time since the brutal assault and trauma that triggered his abilities, Doug falls in love. And then there's Hekate, Dru's newfound darkmage surrogate daughter. Price and Dru find that Hekate is uninhibited and brutal in defence of those whom she loves- despite her youth, she can be as hard and merciless as they are. And finally, for Angel, Cordelia- and tragically, Jordy Osborne, time has run out.:

Last edited:

Altoz

Potential
Okay, so this one involves David (Angel) Boreanz in the video. Doesn't Dido remind you of Buffy in this? She certainly did insofar as I was concerned. As for the lyrics, they summarise the shipwrecked relationship between Buffy and Angel, despite the feelings that they obviously still have for one another. While they still encounter one another, Buffy and Angel have moved on from each other:

Altoz

Potential
This one's about the hectic life and times of the denizens of Sunnydale, especially at night. Given the fast pace of their lives, their active slayage during evening hours and their ensemble, this is about the Scoobies CE 2003 (AU)- Buffy. Lindsay, Willow, Tara, Doug and Oz. Tragedy has recently struck their lives, but they're on the way back, and several significant relationships within their lives have changed radically. But in the shifting conflict between good and evil they face, Buffy Summers and her comrades don't often find a solid boundary between black and white: Sash: Mysterious Times:

Altoz

Potential
On the other hand, relationships have ended and others have changed and others may not last. For Buffy, there is still longing for the days that she spent alongside Angel, despite the arrival of Lindsay MacDonald in her life, while he's still grieving about losing Darla as a consequence of her vampire pregnancy, for which he blames Angel. And whar about Price and Dru on the other side of the morality barrier? How long will this last? And if it does endure, how long will they be together in a violent, dark twilight vampire existence?:

Altoz

Potential
This one always seemed to be about the OC Hekate to me. Perhaps because I created the character as a goth and a darkmage, whose presence in their lives would transform Price and Dru- especially Dru, but also Hekate herself. From being a reckless, violent hellchild darkmage, her interaction with Drusilla begins to deepen and defrost two womens very cold emotional and internal lives:

Altoz

Potential
This one is about the Doug/Oz ship. The two men in question are finding new challenges in their lives. After living without a relationship for so long, Oz finds a soul mate waiting for him back in Sunnydale... only it wasn't the gender or person that he expected. For Doug, it's coming out of a long period wholly dedicated to his work as a Watchers Field Agent, whose role is to protect and serve the slayer, and to redeem himself after the drug addiction and street prostitution that nearly killed him before related trauma triggered the emergence of his abilities. Swearing to Giles that he'd stay in Sunnydale to fight alongside the Slayer, Doug suddenly encounters an unexpected relationship with a certain orange-haired alt musician. Suddenly, like the two protagonists in this video, they're bound together- and yet free suddenly from the past limitations that bound both of them:

Top Bottom