• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Underrated Bangel Moments

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
So, we all love the Big Moments in the Bangel relationship, the Close Your Eyes, I'll Never Forget, The Prom etc. But what moments do you think are underrated but still just as beautiful? My fave smaller/underrated moments include:
  1. Buffy & Angel patrolling in Choices and Buffy crying out "Sorry Honey!" I just love the way she casually calls Angel "Honey". Very domestic.
  2. "I'm a funny guy" from Earshot. I love Buffy's little smile when she calls him funny and Angel's deadpan reply. Also, at one point during that conversation he pats her on the thigh as he stands up, it's such a cute gesture.
  3. Angel telling Buffy to keep his leather at the end of Teacher's Pet and the way she kind of breathes out "Oh boy..." as he walks away.
  4. Angel arriving in Forever, and the way Buffy just curls her fingers around his without saying anything.
  5. Buffy bringing Angel leftovers from dinner when he's hiding in her room in the episode Angel. Such a sweet and thoughtful gesture.
I'm sure there are tonnes more, but these are the ones off the top of my head.

BaskingINBangel

"Peanut butter, preferably crunchy!"
* That last scene between them in "Graduation Day Pt 2." From the moment Buffy senses Angel and starts looking around for him, to the moment he turns and walks away. So much is being said without any words being uttered. The way the look at each other just says it all.

* When Buffy offers her neck to Angel in "Angel"

* Buffy and Angels little convo about Ted, while she is dressing his wound.

* Angel feeding Buffy the heart of a demon in "Earshot"

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
So many great moments already mentioned. I really like the, "Oh, boy!" scene. I think it is quite characteristic of pre-Surprise Bangel. Their relationship is often communicated through these very effective little scenes where not much is said out loud. The ending of "Angel" where Buffy unknowingly burn Angel with her cross is quite similar.

One of my favourite scenes from S3 is when they are at the carousel shrine where the "children" were killed in "Gingerbread." There are a lot of great lines in that conversation. "Gingerbread" is such an underrated episode. The conversation is a follow up to the climactic fight in "Amends", before the snow fall, but the roles are reversed. Now Angel is telling Buffy what she told him that night.

Buffy and Angel talk a lot about what it means to be a hero. Buffy has done so in the past and will continue to do so again. Angel hasn't said much about it yet, but he will go on to talk about it on his own show. However, this is the only moment I can think of where they talk about it together. And while they part ways at the end of this season, they will continue to follow this same philosophy, which I like to dub championism. They grow into the roles of champions together, and then they carry on that legacy from their partnership. It's kinda beautiful.

Ceadsearc03

Potential
-WML Part 2, after they get Angel down and Buffy is cradling him and stroking his face while everything burns, and everyone just stops and watches them.

- Earshot where she’s recovering and he is holding her hand

- Enemies where she is chained up and asleep and he is pretending to be Angelus, and he jerks the chains to wake her up, but is looking at her really tenderly (it was even written into the script that he had a look of “pure love”)

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
I don't know if it's underrated, really, but Buffy jumping into Angel's arms in Bad Girls. Oh, and also their quick, everyday kind of kiss before they go their separate ways. Super cute.

Buffy crying in Angel's arms in When She Was Bad.

The "bite me" moment in Never Kill A Boy on the First Date.

That Angel-grabs-and-Buffy-stabs coordinated vamp staking in Doppelgangland (and their side-by-side power walking!).

spikenbuffy

"Preparation, preparation, preparation"
I love the little moment in The Harvest.
Or
In Reptile Boy, Angel proposed Buffy to have a cup of cofee, Buffy adorably smiled at him & left from The Bronze very happy after that. The adorableness of Bangel in that moment is one reason why I love that episode that the majority of fans hate.

Mylie

Scooby
I love the little moment in The Harvest.
Or
In Reptile Boy, Angel proposed Buffy to have a cup of cofee, Buffy adorably smiled at him & left from The Bronze very happy after that. The adorableness of Bangel in that moment is one reason why I love that episode that the majority of fans hate.
2 very underrated moments, I agree!

I especially have a soft spot for the Harvest one because it's the first time we (and Buffy) see Angel's facade fall. I think it's quite an important moment for them, but it's rarely considered as such.

And glad to see someone else appreciates Reptile Boy. It's probably my favorite episode that most people dislike.

BuffyBot22

Scooby
Their first meeting when Buffy asks him who he is and Angel responds "Let's just say I'm a friend." Then Buffy says maybe I don't want a friend. Then Angel responds "I didn't I was yours" as he disappears. Mirror this when he shows up in s7 and he tells Buffy "Shoulder to shoulder I'm yours." Also in both scenes he gives her some sort of important necklace. Very solid parallel writing on the writers end. And just really cute underrated moments, but even better when compared.

Top Bottom