• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Unpopular opinions (2)

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Isn’t that a bit rude ?
Here's an unpopular opinion:

You don't think that when people are told over and over to either get back on topic, don't be rude, don't make things personal, and yet we are ignored over and over, that we might get a little frustrated? We try to be polite, we try to encourage conversations, yet we are ignored, or worse. Apparently listening to what we have to say is an unpopular opinion.

Antho

Scooby
This is making fun. Please do pm me if you wish to discuss it.
That is a karma comment he leaves on her post. She just rewrites it and respond to it.

@nightshade was responding to what I see in this topic as I am an honest person and speak when I think something is unjust or I have something to say even If i know i’m Going to put myself in trouble. but obviously I don’t have the full pictures of things.

nightshade
nightshade
And I'm responding to attitudes on this board the past few months.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
  • I prefer real, physical books to reading online or listening to audiobooks
  • I prefer talking to people on speakerphone rather than putting the phone against my ear
  • I don't like not wearing socks, ever, but socks in sandals...I just can't

Give Us A Kiss
Give Us A Kiss
Agree on all of these, I love sleeping with socks on for some reason...
Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
1 and 3, definitely. 2, I prefer earbuds.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
OH!! I have a great unpopular opinion.

The chick here at work says that ketchup should ONLY be refrigerated. Who puts ketchup in the fridge?!

@Puppet Whut?!?! Are you serious? I have never in my life had the ketchup in the fridge. Oh my word. Seriously? I need to contemplate my life choices now.
@nightshade Phew! I take it back. You're not the satan.

Okay @nightshade I think someone needs to make a poll about this

Last edited:
Priceless
Priceless
Keep mine in the fridge
TriBel
TriBel
Mine's in the fridge. "Refrigerate after opening and consume within 8 weeks". Done the former - probably not the latter.
emspace
emspace
My ketchup must be cold. That is all.
Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
Ketchup should remain in the fridge after it has been opened. It usually says so on the bottle.
Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
Of course it goes in the fridge!

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
This is making fun. Please do pm me if you wish to discuss it.
Sorry that was my karma comment. Was supposed to lighten the mood.
The movie Avatar is over hyped and overrated. It shouldn't have been nominated for best picture Oscar.
Does anyone like this film or were we all tricked because "the 3D is sooo great!!!"?

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
Does anyone like this film or were we all tricked because "the 3D is sooo great!!!"?
(About Avatar) I agree with both of you- I don’t even think I’ve been able to watch it all the way through. Besides the fact that when it was first announced I thought it was going to be about Avatar the Last Airbender and was so disappointed. (We shall not speak about THAT movie).

thrasherpix

Scooby
I didn't, and I'm not sure why (I'm sure if I watched it again I could say why but I've got plenty of better or at least new stuff to watch rather than force myself to watch something I don't like). I thought they had some fascinating concepts. I did like Disney's Pocahontas. I SHOULD have liked Avatar. But I did not. I did see it 2D rather than 3D but that probably helped rather than hurt. I've almost never liked 3D.

Taake

Nightmare, dressed as a daydream
Staff member
Black Thorn
I still haven’t seen Avatar, but if people are going to tell me it is overrated (confirming my preconceived notions) I may just have to give it a watch. And no, I’m not a contrarian.

Spanky
Spanky
You should certainly watch it! Watch it right away.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Generally speaking the acidity in ketchup means it won't go bad, unless you store poorly outside of the fridge. That's not an unpopular opinion, it's a fact. They recommend putting it in the fridge to prevent any lawsuits from people that store it improperly and it makes them sick.

TriBel
TriBel
Yeah...I presumed the vinegar meant it wouldn't go off.

Antho

Scooby
I don’t like the « Louis de Funès » movies. It’s French, but I don’t know if you know him in other countries.

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
Generally speaking the acidity in ketchup means it won't go bad, unless you store poorly outside of the fridge. That's not an unpopular opinion, it's a fact. They recommend putting it in the fridge to prevent any lawsuits from people that store it improperly and it makes them sick.
I just always assumed that people (like me lol) stores ketchup in the fridge next to their mustard, for easy accessibility when you want to grab both for your burgers or hot dogs. 🤷🏻‍♀️😜

nightshade
nightshade
I don't keep any condiments in the fridge

Professor Walsh

Feminist slayerette
Black Thorn
Most TV series and movies are too uninteresting to keep my attention unless I have a small craft project or some lesson planning going on at the sane time.

As for "Avatar", in my experience it is a good film for watching with pupils when working with ecology. I might use it alongside "Tipping Point: The End of Oil" to discuss the high cost of living in our civilisation. (Before somebody asks: Yes, I slso highlight the importance cheap energy has and has had for our level of welfare.) I like "Avatar", but I certainly couldn't sit through all of it without being a little occupied with something on the side.

VisionGirl
VisionGirl
I always have plenty of laundry to do lol
Spanky
Spanky
Well played. Well played. I thought I read it wrong.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
some lesson planning going on at the sane time.
Freudian slip, much?

As for "Avatar", in my experience it is a good film for watching with pupils when working with ecology. I might use it alongside "Tipping Point: The End of Oil" to discuss the high cost of living in our civilisation.
You should watch that Colin Farrell flick The New World instead. It's Avatar done right. (been a long time since I seen it but I remember it feeling very long and very slow with long stretches of lack of dialogue) It's a really under-appreciated often ignored movie.

Link to trailer

Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
Oooos at the slip, perhaps I will check out the movie. Colin Firth is good.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@FaithLehane16 I actually quite liked Barney and I think Ted does get some undeserved hate. Robin is the one that annoyed me, especially the way she would keep switching between Ted and Barney. I felt sorry for Barney when he broke up with Nora (because he and Robin had agreed to split up with their respective partners so they could be together) only to find that Robin hadn't split up with her partner. Barney gave up what could've been a promising relationship all because of Robin. Barney's relationship with Quinn was probably more suited to him.

I don't think Robin and Ted should've ended up together at the end. They filmed the ending back in Season 1 but how things transpired over the course of the series made the ending feel forced because the show had moved on since then. It also didn't help that they killed the mother off even if there were a couple of hints of her fate earlier in the season. The show spent years building up to Ted actually meeting the mother and then the next moment she's dead and he's trying to get back with Robin.

Top Bottom