• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Unpopular opinions (2)

Hunga Munga

Scooby

The Staffordshire Oatcake . Only recently available at the national UK supermarkets , this regional gem is an old staple in some communities in the midlands.

Sweet or savoury , this is a simple British culinary gem on a par with Northern Bread sauce . Oatcake with cheese and bacon is a meal of the gods . :D

Staffordshire oatcake - Wikipedia

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Mince pies too... christmas pudding, mince pies, and friggin bread sauce. That's some of the best stuff UK has to offer right there is what that is. Dang. Now I'm wanting it to be christmas time.

Hunga Munga
Hunga Munga
Christmas cake with a slice of Wensleydale . Another Northern tradition . Crazy but works .

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
My step-grandpa used to make those (mince) for xmas- no thank you very much! 😖
I never used to like mince pies, not a fan of cooked fruit, but a friend made some a couple of years ago, and I had one to be polite and it's wasn't as bad as I remembered. I wouldn't call them a favourite now, but I'll eat them.

Spanky
Spanky
And the country has yet to disavow your existence?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
not a fan of cooked fruit,... I wouldn't call them a favourite now, but I'll eat them.
If you eat them whilst drinking gin they really taste better. World of difference. It's like... totally different experience. Something about the juniper in gin and the fruits in the pie. Really good stuff together.

nightshade
nightshade
I don't like gin

katmobile

Scooby
Oasis are the most overrated band ever ....although not the worst....they're also as dull as ditchwater live and Liam Gallagher is a wanker, I don't mind Nickelback and I actually really This Is How You Remind Me even if it is as formularic as hell.

Also I don't know how unpopular this is but I'm not a fan of Christmas cake and Christmas pud but I like Brussel sprouts.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Yes, but did HowiMetdaSlayers step grandpa make them mince pies with the wonderful sweetened savoury mince fruit, or the unflavoured cheapened and fat ladened mince meat.
I must admit I do like them Tortuga Rum Cakes as spoken of by Spanky, a cake that Captain Jack Sparrow once longed for.
HOWEVER
I feel horrified that Katmobile should be a fan of Christmas Cake and Christmas Pud with Brussel Sprouts, but on the same plate? Yuk!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I don't understand why people still watch Friends.
They aired a few episodes on tv the other day. The characters are quite endearing in the early seasons and it feels like a weirdly wholesome show especially compared to today's standards. It's weird to think it's 26 years old.

I don't understand bread sauce, especially with a Christmas dinner.

How can you not enjoy bread sauce?

:p

Another vote for the mince pie, absolutely delish with cream
I don't like Mince Pies.

katmobile

Scooby
Yes, but did HowiMetdaSlayers step grandpa make them mince pies with the wonderful sweetened savoury mince fruit, or the unflavoured cheapened and fat ladened mince meat.
I must admit I do like them Tortuga Rum Cakes as spoken of by Spanky, a cake that Captain Jack Sparrow once longed for.
HOWEVER
I feel horrified that Katmobile should be a fan of Christmas Cake and Christmas Pud with Brussel Sprouts, but on the same plate? Yuk!
It's not on the same plate.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
I like my coffee with low-fat milk and without sugar.

Marcus Pierce is my favorite character on Lucifer, I know that's he's evil but I can't help but love the character.

Potato Wedges are better than French Fries.

Lays are better than Pringles.

Soy milk is an abomination.

Coronavirus has it's perks, such as not needing to go to mass gatherings.

Hulu ruined Veronica Mars.

Netflix ruined Charmed by changing the theme song, no chance of me ever doing a Charmed rewatch.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
The two Lorelai's (Gilmore Girls) have, without a doubt, one of the most unhealthy, toxic relationships (mother-daughter) seen on TV.
I remember that in one episode Lorelai said that she and Rory are "best friends first, mother and daughter second", not a healthy relationship if you ask me.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Sisters often call each other best friends. I don't see why a Mother and daughter can't be the same.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Shining (film) is overrated. Jack's performance is way too hammy. The recent sequel film is just as good.

The US Office is better than the UK (this might be more unpopular) in the UK.

Peaky Blinders is quite dull.

Star Trek is far better than Star Wars both on TV and film.

The 90's remake of the Getaway is perfectly fine.

Grease is overrated.

Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen are overrated.

Veronica Mars S3 is the best season.

Bride of Chucky is the best of those movies.

Bananarama are a great overlooked pop group.

The S2 finale of Twin Peaks is better than the first season finale.

Last edited:
Top Bottom