• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Vamp Tara

Priceless

Scooby
I think Willow would have loved Tara even as a vampire. If she had a soul when she came back, she'd never have killed anyone I'm guessing. She'd just be the same old Tara with a liking for blood and not able to go out in the sun.

Jodast

Lapsed BBer
Sineya
I don't think it would have worked for story purposes. Willow was coming to terms with her addiction to magic and Tara's death stole her resolve and purpose for getting better.

Had it happened, though, I think thatTara would have been an even more powerful member of the Scoobies and would have helped in the many battles ahead. Would we be dealing with an Angel style vampire with a soul? Would true cause her to lose her soul? I could definitely not have dealt with that.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Or Tara come back as a vampire but has so much guilt for being one, she stays hidden and no one knows she's back until one day Kennedy is out patrolling and kills this little mousey female vampire and just as she'd turning to dust Willow sees who the vampire was. Then the dust from what was Vampire Tara blows onto Willow.... sorta like Donny did to the Dude in the Big Lebowski but not as funny.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Well. First, making vampires with souls cheapens Angel. One of the things I liked that Blade The Series did was have Krista turn This made it clear, Blade's serum barely works, Krista is an high functioning depraved addict who will most likely be consumed by the thirst, and any attempts to save people won't work, even in a series with natural vampires. That type of thing may work in video games, but it takes the wind out of drama. It also destroys one of the arch-themes. Growing up is good. Change is good. Learning to let go after loss is good. A vampire has been deprived that. There's also a pretty good chance it may lead to the damnation of your immortal soul, as well as Wllow's, as it's not white magic. Magic comes with a cost.

Two, what stories can you tell with it? So, Tara is a lost soul on a fruitless path for redemption? Tara is an evil half-ninja ex-girlfriend out for revenge? No, she's just someone who was dead for a few minutes, before Willow hacked her. There's no drama in making her a ensouled vampire, unless you want a class change. And if you want that, do that right way, like Illyria.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Sister to the Fates
Black Thorn
It would be brilliant if Vamp Willow "made" Tara. Sheer poetic destiny...and it would be indescribably beautiful.

They belong together like Angel and Buffy, Drusilla and Spike, Lilah and Lindsay...Giles and Jenny. Oh! I almost forgot Illyria and Wesley! ❤

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Vampires' personalities in BtVS seem to be a dark reflection of the human's traits, so I feel in this respect, Vampire Tara would be incredibly dangerous. Tara is observant and quiet and stays on the sidelines, and in the later seasons she's mentally much stronger than the other Scoobies (just look at her in Season 6 compared to the other characters). I imagine as a vampire her powers of observation would give her the ability to manipulate as well as Angelus can, her quietness would make others underestimate her, thereby making her more dangerous and her mental strength would mean that she'd be hard to intimidate or mess with.

I also wonder if she'd still have a natural ability with magic. Drusilla's powers of premonition followed her into vampirism, so would Tara's magic follow her? That could be very interesting.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Lovely to see ya here! EXHAUSTED from the bloody job and going to sleep now. 😘
tarasamber
tarasamber
This will be interesting..
AstridDante
AstridDante
This is a very good take on what vamp Tara would be like

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
What if Tara didn't die but instead she became a vampire with soul?
I'd rather see Vampire Tara with a soul than Spike with a soul.

I think that, because Tara was presented in show as such a good person, that she may naturally keep her soul when she is turned however she would struggle with the vampire's natural urges such as drinking human blood.

Top Bottom