• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Villeneuve's Dune casting

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
The cast for this looking amazing:
Timothee Chalament, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Stellan Skarsgard, Charlotte Rampling, Javier Bardem, Dave Bautista, Zendaya

I cannot wait for this movie. Been excited since Villeneuve first said he wanted to make it Star Wars for adults but the way this cast is shaping up, it could be something really special.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Wait...are you talking about Frank Herbert's Dune?
Yes! I are. I mentioned it a while back too. His goal is to split the first book into two movies but end up making the first two books as four films. Which would be mind-blowing.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon
Black Thorn
I LOVED the book series. And even though the film (with Kyle MacLachlan) had its flaws, I enjoyed it.

I don't usually embrace re-makes, but I'm interested in this one.

Fun fact: Alec Newman (Drogyn) portrayed Paul Atreides in the Dune mini-series. He's also from Glasgow. 😆

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
I LOVED the book series.
Until his son took over. But yeah. I liked the mini-series more than the movie I think. It was a little closer to the source material. And yes, I knew who it was.

Just seeing Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen. Oh my word. That's just perfection. And then Rampling as Mohiam? They still haven't cast Gurney, Duncan or Feyd yet. Will be curious as to whom they get for those roles.

The book series transcends their genre.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon
Black Thorn
Oh my God!!! Brian Hebert was a hack, using his dad's name to sell books. I never read his stuff. And I never will.

Charlotte is a GREAT choice, by the way.
James McAvoy would be perfect as Feyd. And I'm not being partial when I say that Sebastian Stan would make a great Duncan Idaho. And Daniel Craig as Gurney.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Oh my God!!! Brian Hebert was a hack, using his dad's name to sell books. I never read his stuff.
I read either two or three, I can't remember. I think I stopped reading the third. They were not good. I thought might have gotten better but didn't. From what I've read they never did. Sad.
James McAvoy would be perfect as Feyd.
I'd like someone a little younger, he was just a kid, but McAvoy could do a lot with the role.
And I'm not being partial when I say that Sebastian Stan would make a great Duncan Idaho.
Oh. Oh. Yes. Oh yes. They need to do that. Oh that is a great idea.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon
Black Thorn
Yes, I forgot that Feyd was younger. How about Nick Robinson? He can actually act, and has a great range for someone his age. He definitely has the look for Feyd.

EDIT: I just remembered that James MacAvoy WAS in the mini-series. 😅 Maybe he could play Chani's dad, now that he's older.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Holy cow. That does look like Feyd. He would be a good compliment to Dave Bautista's Beast.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon
Black Thorn
My dream job would be in casting. Or directing. Either one.

Spanky
Spanky
Sheeeit. Yeah. He does. Great. Maybe it'll draw some fangirl audience.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon
Black Thorn
Liar. You just want to get Sebastian Stan on the casting couch is all. Don't think your motives are not known.
Dude, I don't require a casting couch to get him horizontal. I'm rather nice looking and (currently) blond. He likes blondes. Plus, I'm extraordinarily limber. 😈

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Josh Brolin is in talks now. They postulate that he, if signed, will be playing Gurney Halleck.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon
Black Thorn
Did you see him in Men in Black: 3? He was brilliant as a younger Agent K! He really, really nailed it.

Wait...Is Zendaya playing Chani? I suppose she couldn't be any worse that Sean "the stalker" Young. 😅

Oooh. Good times. Paul. ❤

Last edited:

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
I did see him in MiB3. He was pretty much the only good thing about it.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon
Black Thorn
He DEFINITELY channelled Tommy Lee Jones...the voice, mannerisms; Very, very impressive.

EDIT: Looking at that pic of Kyle reminds me that I definitely have a "type." Dark haired boys with pale skin and blue eyes! They've always been my SERIOUS crushes. Like, forever. 😨

Last edited:

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Jason Momoa is now in negotiations to play Duncan Idaho.

What the hell is up with this cast?

Bluebird
Bluebird
I can't really see him in the role
Top Bottom