1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Was Cordelia REALLY made part demon?

Discussion in 'Season 3' started by Dagenspear, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Dagenspear

Dagenspear Scooby

I mean, I know that in the canon of the series there is really nothing to say otherwise... But, let us all play devil's advocate here. Skip, who we already know to be a major liar, told Cordy that she would become part demon. But last I checked Doyle was part demon and still got his head ripped apart by the visions, and Cordelia didn't. In fact, she was able to control her visions. Not to mention her being able to fly, the emanating white light that could destroy evil and heal people, which is what she did for Connor, isn't it? I'm still a little fuzzy on that myself. I mean, did she heal his soul or his body, or both? Either way though, none of those powers have we ever seen come from any demon on the show. Don't those powers though bring to mind any particular creature? As ridiculous as it sounds, isn't it possible that Cordelia was made part angel?... You can all laugh at me now...

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

I should've given this thread a different name.

2. This Year's Girl

This Year's Girl Grateful grapefruit

Sineya
    I've wondered about too! I've only seen Ats one time (and rewatched certain eps) so I don't really have any arguments for my case (even though it was only a year ago I watched the whole thing fast, and can't remember everything :)) but I remember that I too thought about if she was a angel. So I don't think you're crazy! :D

Should be fun following this thread and see what others answer!

3. Dagenspear

Dagenspear Scooby

It just feels like such a wierd idea to me, considering that it's never even questioned on the show itself.

crazysoulless: I always thought it was incredibly bad writing that it was never questioned.
  4. Skytteflickan88

Skytteflickan88 Proud Spikette

Well, there are many different kinds of demon, so just because she seemed unique, doesn't mean that she wasn't a demon. I mean, what is a demon? What's the difference between demon or animal, or half-human, half-animal, angel, etc etc?

But what kind of angel do you mean? I doubt she's the christian kind.

I wonder if she really healed Connor or if it did something else. Maybe her powers made him fall in love with her, according to Jasmine's plan. Who knows how long they controlled Cordelia? I assumed the demonizing was part of the possessing of Cordelia. Or just a way to gain her trust so she would choose to ascend later on.

Wesley Pryce likes this.
  5. Enemies

Enemies *insert user title here*

Sineya
    I think if you look at the fact that Skip was a liar working for the evil that possessed Cordy later on then I would presume that everything after Cordy being turned into part demon was all working towards the end goal of Jasmine. Therefore Skip couldn't have made Cordy evil as that would have had repurcussions. I do think her traits are very similar to a type of angel although as mentioned there are numerous demons and Cordy could have been anyone. I also think that when Cordy healed Connor this was again in the grand scheme of things. They had to build a trust between Cordy and Connor early on so that it was plausible that Connor would be loyal to Cordy later in season 4.

Skytteflickan88: Why couldn't he have made Cordy evil? It's possible that a spell or drug was placed in her at the demonizing event, isn't it?
  6. Dagenspear

Dagenspear Scooby

See, I don't believe Jasmine controlled anything. I think she saw an opportunity and acted on it. She always seemed completely full of crap to me.

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

Also, Connor never loved Cordelia. He had the hots for her.

Skytteflickan88: How do you mean, didn't control anything? Some things she controlled, like Cordelia in season 4.
  7. Skytteflickan88

*shrugs*

Love, crush, lust, who knows? I don't recall him saying he loved her, but not everything is said on screen. I can't recall exactly how he acted either.

Either way, love or lust, it could have been planted in him during the "healing".

Wesley Pryce likes this.
  8. Enemies

Enemies *insert user title here*

Sineya
    Oh yeah theres every chance she could have been made evil definitely. But if she came across as evil surely Angel and the gang would have had to act on it which may have taken away from the storyline they were trying to create. I think, personally, it was just easier to make Cordy good. Also it was a fear of hers that she would become evil so I think making her demon addition a good thing was the twist in that storyline.

No matter what the connection was between Cordy and Connor there was a trust between them that allowed the whole Jasmine plan to come into fruition. And I think it is very plausible that the initial seed was planted in Connor's mind when Cordy healed him, as mentioned by [MENTION=8557]Skytteflickan88[/MENTION]

Skytteflickan88: But then, if he made Cordy evil and atc upon his and Jasmine's wishes, Jasmine did control something. Did we misunderstand each other?
  9. This Year's Girl

This Year's Girl Grateful grapefruit

Sineya
    Jasmine controlled lots of things? And I think connor loved cordelia, in his own way.

10. Hale Caesar

Hale Caesar Sunnydale Nerd

To be fair, so do 90% of males who watched the show lol

Skytteflickan88: Don't forget the lesbians and staight-but-kind-of-curious women!
  11. Dagenspear

Dagenspear Scooby

It was lust that Jasmine manipulated. And if Jasmine ever really controlled any events, it was only in s3 & 4. Jasmine was good at making herself seem more important than she really was.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Lol. Very very true. Cordelia Chase: the perfect woman. Can't really blame him.

Wesley Pryce likes this.
  12. Skytteflickan88

You seem very sure of this. How do you figure?

13. Dagenspear

Dagenspear Scooby

Jasmine just spewed all that crap when she was in and out of Cordelia. Things like when she yelled in Angelus' head about knowing what he was up to when she had to be told about it. I mean, how is it that she can "know and see all" yet, can't foresee Angelus turning on her, that Fred was no longer under her control, the people in sewers, Angel's plan? I find it very hard to believe that she could've masterly manipulated the lives of Fred, Gunn, Wes, Lorne, Cordy, Doyle, Darla, and Angel, like her and Skip said she did, and yet still be unable to catch all that other stuff. Jasmine was full of crap. She saw what was happening in s3, and took advantage of it. That's the only way this makes any kind of real sense.

Skytteflickan88: Yeah, I doubt it will ever make sense. Bad writing is the only way this makes sense. I just roll with it and say "Sure, she could have planned everything". It seems like it's what the writers wanted us to think, so.... I don't know.
  14. Willow My Love

Willow My Love Scooby

How it is not a demonic power? Maybe the powers she had were technically demonic in origin, but they weren't inherently evil, y'know? Like Jasmine was evil, but everyone loved her. I always thought Cordy got demonic powers that were only called so because there was no other real name for them. They came from an other-wordly creature, but weren't necessarily evil.

Skytteflickan88: It all comes down to definition. And I don't think any character, or writer, have a given definition for what a demon really is, and what makes it different from humans or animals.
  15. Dagenspear

Dagenspear Scooby

Or maybe Jasmine is just full of it. That's the way I get around it.

Skytteflickan88: Yeah. It's the least sucky answer.
  16. Dagenspear

Dagenspear Scooby

I can roll with this explanation. Very well thought out.

Willow My Love: Wow! You actually agreed with me!
  17. Cohen

Cohen All-American Boy

I've now come to the conclusion Cordy was Jasmine-influenced since "Birthday". There's no way in hell Cordelia Chase would come back with Mom-hair from her vacation, unless she was influenced by a semi-evil entity.

18. Dagenspear

Dagenspear Scooby

She was on vacation. People mess around with their look at times like that. Plus, it's Cordelia. She has a history with her hair.

Wesley Pryce likes this.
  19. Cohen

Cohen All-American Boy

To quote real-cordy in "Spin The Bottle": "Oh, God. Oh, God. My hair. My hair! The government gave me bad hair."

While she quickly realized her choice of hair-style was a mistake in season 2's "The Shroud of Ramon" and got a style more fitting of a former Sunnydale bitch-queen. Cordy is all about her style. Even when she grows up. So she would never come back with mom-hair unless she was influenced by an outside force. I'm just saying..

And thinking this over, I am almost way too gay to function (Thanks Janice).

20. SlayerFest

SlayerFest Wiley Dairy Gnome

Black Thorn
    I was suspicious of that from the beginning...not sure why. Something about Skip always seemed a little off to me. However, I do believe that she was made part demon.