• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Was Dawn supposed to have powers ?

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I was watching a video on You Tube that title was 20 things that you didn't know about Buffy the Vampire Slayer .
Number 12 was Dawn was supposed to have Supper Powers .

Any comments ?

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Yeah I've heard that before - telekinesis and talking to the dead. I'm glad they dropped it, but it is an interesting thing to maybe explore in fanfic :)

ChaseRules

Sineya
Yeah I've heard that before - telekinesis and talking to the dead. I'm glad they dropped it, but it is an interesting thing to maybe explore in fanfic :)
Where did you hear that ?

ChaseRules

Sineya
Thanks for letting me know that it Cannon & not just something that was made up anyway.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Thanks for letting me know that it Cannon & not just something that was made up anyway.
I mean, it's fact, not canon, since Dawn doesn't have those powers in the actual show or comics. Just to be clear :)

Priceless

Scooby
I've never heard that before. I'm glad they didn't do it on the show. Special powers aren't special if everyone had them.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I remember seeing that on Tumblr's Buffy confessions a while ago I thought it was interesting.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I've never heard that before. I'm glad they didn't do it on the show. Special powers aren't special if everyone had them.
Exactly. I feel like Dawn might've been even more disliked if she had superpowers. For me, part of her draw is that, in spite of being this mystical Key, she is completely normal and human, powerwise.

TriBel

Scooby
I'm glad they didn't give her super-powers but you can kinda see how they rewrote Dawn's story to accommodate the earlier ideas. “Telekinesis is a psychic phenomenon that occurs during extreme emotional distress.”―Wesley “It's all about emotional control. Plus, obviously, magic.”―Willow. Dawn does suffer from extreme emotional distress - and shop lifts to compensate (Oh bugger! "lifting" is telekinesis isn't it? Doh! 🙄 Instead of lifting things with her mind she physically lifts them). She talks to the dead - possibly in Conversations with Dead People (Joyce?) and enables Giles and Willow to talk to the Bringer by recalling the spell in Touched: "Hey...I've been reading this old Turkish spell book. There's an old conjuration that the ancient Turks used to communicate with the dying". Is she learning "dead languages" (or is that just a fan-fic thing)? If so, figuratively, this can be seen as "talking to the dead".

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Well I guess, technically, since Dawn was partly made from Buffy's 'essence', she possibly could've inherited some kind of 'gifts'.
Not too mention being a whole 'ball of energy' thingy. Well if those 2 things don't engender some sort of special powers, I don't know what will?

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
To be fair, by season six, almost every one had magic powers of some kind. Willow and Tara had ill defined witchcraft, Anya and Giles could use magic. Any demon seemed to be able to find a artifact of power. The Trokia had magic, even if they became less specialized with every episode. So giving Dawn some sort of I'll defined powers that were mutually exclusive to her? Good call. I mean, Xander could always punch someone, but given Joss's taste in women, the mortals couldn't really put up a good fight.

Top Bottom