• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Was Gunn's old gang going to join up with Holtz

burrunjor

Potential
Had a thought after watching That Old Gang of Mine on a recent rewatch.

Gunn's crew in that episode are very similar to Holtz' warriors in terms of being fanatics who want to kill all Demons and Vamps regardless of their alignment. We know that Kate was going to take Justine's place in season 3 (which might have been quite cool. I'm not sure as I do like their touching reconciliation, but at the same time that might have been a more memorable ending for her than just being quietly dropped?)

Do you think Gunns old team were meant to be Holtz new minions instead? They'd lost their new leader Gio and Holtz would be a good fit for them. Perhaps they thought against it as it might have made the story too complicated having Gunn fight his old team.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Ideally, yes. Holtz's gang should be composed of characters we met before, either on Buffy or on Angel. Especially if we are trying to paint him as an Righteous Man, like he went to Sunnydale, and found survivors of Angelus. On the other hand, none of them were particularly important, and getting characters as opposed to mooks would just make continuity harder. So, it was probably better to keep them as random extras.

slayer730

Potential
I don't know if that was the case, but I think it would have probably made for a better character arc for Gunn that season. That in addition to Kate taking on Justine's role would have been interesting

Top Bottom