• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Was Owen a good match for Buffy?

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
No, I think he was good crush material though. I think everyone gets crushes on people who "seem" to be so great, but it's better in your head than in reality. That was Owen for me, the guy Buffy thought would be great because he was all cute, serious and smart, but who would never have worked out in the long run.

That was just a feeling I got though, there was this disconnect between them I can't quite put my finger on. :)

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Definitely not. To me, Owen was a bit of an ass. Like his surprise that Buffy would hang out in the library, like she's not smart enough or something. Or how he tried way too hard to be 'different' from the other guys. I don't know, I just didn't like him and Buffy deserves better than him :)

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
He was her first kiss! I think they could have made it work if she wasn't so judgemental of him.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
I don't remember this episode as well, but Owen seemed way too dull for Buffy. He doesn't deserve her at all.

Professor Walsh

Feminist slayerette
Black Thorn
I'm pretty sure Owen would have found off-duty Buffy too shallow once the whole library charade was over and he realised she was more into browsing clothes racks than bookshelves. Plus, he would have wanted to patrol with her. And uhm, no.

I always felt the show would have been more interesting with normal high school dating, rather than jumping into Bangel. I mean Owen wasn't a great character, but the idea of Buffy dating a muggle, sure.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Owen would've gotten his ass killed, possibly even turned, by the end of the 1st season. Buffy was right to not pursue a relationship with someone who combined true dumb recklessness with a glass jaw.

At least guys like Xander or Riley can take a beating.

Top Bottom