1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Was the scene where Connor helps Angel fight Hamilton meant for Buffy?

Discussion in 'Season 5' started by Joshua, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Joshua

Joshua Huge Spuffy Fan!

We all know SMG was supposed to appear in NFA, so if she had would she had helped Angel fight Hamilton?

2. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Scooby

That would've been awesome.

Though seeing Buffy interact with Connor would be good, too...just don't let her know he was Angel's son or she'd probably have another one of her silly jealous girl moments (though Angel has too many of those regarding Buffy as well) that Angel had a child with someone else. :p

3. Carrie Hopewell

Carrie Hopewell Little girl lost in the woods

Sineya
    Buffy obviously would've helped Angel fight Hamilton but I never got the impression that the scene wasn't meant for Connor. It made a lot of sense for him to help his father, and that scene followed their earlier meeting pretty well. Like Connor says, Angel asked Connor to have coffee with him, so clearly the world must have been ending :p

Bluebird and Fool for Buffy like this.
  4. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy BFF of Sour Patch Kid

Sineya
    Yeah I thinking Connor helping Angel fight Hamilton was perfect because it contrasted with Awakening, where a similar thing happens but in Angel's fantasy. It's bringing Angel's actions in Home full circle by rewarding him for saving his son and giving him literally what he dreamed of.

Carrie Hopewell likes this.
  5. flow

flow Will you just hold me ?

Does anyone know, if the writers ever got as far as an script or even a story line for a scene with SMG ? When was her appearance on NFA cancelled ? On short notice or long before ?

The scene with Hamilton would of course have been perfect for Buffy. But I think Connor does a very good job in this scene as well.

flow

6. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

As far as I can remember, they wanted Sarah to guest star in "The Girl In Question," but she was tied up in Australia, shooting a Scooby Doo movie in Australia. This is the first that I have ever heard about any plans to have her appear in any other episode.

For what it's worth, I think that having Connor there was the better choice, as far as the story line went, and, while I do think that Angel should have had some reinforcements show up at the last moment, I think that Faith and a crew of young Slayerettes would have been a better choice (Of course, Eliza was also busy with her own show, the sadly ill fated "Tru Calling.")

7. Joshua

Joshua Huge Spuffy Fan!

SMG was to appear in three episodes: You're Welcome, couldn't appear due to family death, The Girl In The Question, couldn't appear due to The Grudge, so they tried to get Michelle Trachtenberg to play Andrew's role, but she was busy filming Ice Princess so they went with Tom Lenk. Then SMG was free to film a scene or two in Not Fade Away but Joss wanted it to be about Angel and his crew.

8. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Right, "The Grunge," not "Scooby Doo." I didn't know about "You're Welcome," but I do remember hearing that Lenk was chosen for "Damage" because Michelle wasn't available. I didn't know that Sarah was 1st choice for that one.

I do feel, however, that having Sarah appear in just about any episode of Season 5 would have obviously meant addressing the Spike/Buffy/Angel situation to some degree as it existed at that time, which would have been too distracting to the story line, especially in the later episodes.

9. Joshua

Joshua Huge Spuffy Fan!

Apparently I've heard these were the choices for The Girl In The Question

Both Buffy and Dawn appearing in that episode or one of the other, if not either then Xander but Nicholas couldn't appear so they went with Andrew