• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Watching AoS for the first time!

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Works much better this time :)

OK, so I saw the Pilot of Agents of Shield just yesterday night and, already, I will go out on a limb and call it the best pilot of any Whedon show. Considering that the Buffy pilot is in my top 5, that says a lot for how impressive it was. It had the Whedon humor, the clever Whedon writing, and a tie-in to the MCU, a world I love as much as the Buffyverse. Unlike my recent experience with Firefly, the characters were clear from the beginning and easy to remember (Fitz, Simmons, Skye, Ward, and, of course, Coulson, only one whose name I've forgotten right now is the 'bus driver').

So far, I'd cautiously say that: my favorite character is Skye, my favorite scene is the interrogation one with the small twist that made me laugh, and I adore Fitz's accent. The team as a whole has very convincing chemistry, J. August was a great actor to use for the first episode (especially as many fans, I assume, are also Buffyverse fans), and there is enough mystery (Centipede) to make me look forward to continuing in a few days (I'm busy, TV-wise, right now).

Ultimately, I was much more excited about this than Firefly and I can't wait to keep going. As for the rating, let's give this a straight-up 8/10.

What did you think of the Pilot the first time around and/or what about now that you've seen most of/the whole show?

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
The pilot was pretty solid. Think I actually preferred the sophomore episode (084), though. Let us know what you think. BTW - FZZT (S1E6) just might be my favorite of the season. I'm in the minority, as I actually like S1 (and generally the earlier seasons) the most. :oops:

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
So glad you're watching. I thought you'd like Skye :D

I remember being excited for more after the first episode too. The only thing that made me role my eyes was Lola, (if I remember right), but she defo grew on me!

I liked the first season as it aired, really strong, but because the later seasons are more recent, they are still shiney and new for me.

Top Bottom